Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Nope, it can't be true.

Beverly Hills beat them to it, so they are not the first.

Although I suppose one might argue that Beverly Hills isn't a "major" city. Also, Beverly Hills didn't just ban the sale of "e-cigarettes" but all tobacco products, with some very slim exceptions.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Incredible - well that's a couple of places off of my Bucket List!
Sf just loses the revenue.
The surrounding cities get a boost and some new businesses.
It is still worth the visit. (just pretend the homeless people are not there and SF is utopia. )

California is full of crazy; rules, laws, ideas, folks.

Cheers
I

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Can this really be true?

When those in Power place Trending Hype, Political Pandering, and Personal Aspirations via Promotion of FUD above Public Health, just about Anything is Possible.

It's Funny how the Survey about Kid/Teen e-Cigarette use that the SF's Board of Supervisors used also showed a Significant Number of Kid/Teens are also Smoking. But Pulling regular cigarettes from The City was not considered.

I Won't call it a Double Standard. Because in Modern Politics, the concept of Standards is pretty much Non-Existent.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
When those in Power place Trending Hype, Political Pandering, and Personal Aspirations via Promotion of FUD above Public Health, just about Anything is Possible.

It's Funny how the Survey about Kid/Teen e-Cigarette use that the SF's Board of Supervisors used also showed a Significant Number of Kid/Teens are also Smoking. But Pulling regular cigarettes from The City was not considered.

I Won't call it a Double Standard. Because in Modern Politics, the concept of Standards is pretty much Non-Existent.
Yeah, we could bring up all the other problems that San Francisco has, which would strike most people as far more pressing that a few under-age vapers, but there's little point to it, except perhaps to make one wonder if the politicians there aren't looking for something to distract people from those problems.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yeah, we could bring up all the other problems that San Francisco has, which would strike most people as far more pressing that a few under-age vapers, but there's little point to it, except perhaps to make one wonder if the politicians there aren't looking for something to distract people from those problems.

The Problem is it's Not just San Francisco and their special brand of "thinking". It's a Cancer that is Creeping into Many Major Cities.

You follow kristan's CASAA thread. And see Everyday a little more Erosion.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Didn’t they ban all smoking sales, not just e-cigarettes?
That's what Beverly Hills did, but everything I've seen regarding this ban in SF is that it's specifically targeted at e-cigs. So people will still be able to buy Cowboy Killers, and they won't have to walk a mile for a Camel, but they will have to leave the city to buy a juul. <SMH>

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
That's what Beverly Hills did, but everything I've seen regarding this ban in SF is that it's specifically targeted at e-cigs. So people will still be able to buy Cowboy Killers, and they won't have to walk a mile for a Camel, but they will have to leave the city to buy a Juul. <SMH>
I don’t mind them having to leave the city to buy a JUUL. IMHO JUUL can crawl off and die. It’s everything else as well that is a problem.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    • Deleted by retired1
    • Reason: Not a topic for discussion on ECF

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran