can you poison yourself with too much vaporing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was pretty surprised that 36mg affected me like it did. I smoked 2-3 packs of 'harsh' smokes per day for 25 years. I messed up by making my whole last order of cartos 36mg - dizzy beyond head rushes! I can handle 'em for awhile, then I gotta' switch to something milder. I'm on a mission today to find e-juice or compatible cartos here in the Seattle area.

chrisl317

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
Warren, MI USA
I was pretty surprised that 36mg affected me like it did. I smoked 2-3 packs of 'harsh' smokes per day for 25 years. I messed up by making my whole last order of cartos 36mg - dizzy beyond head rushes! I can handle 'em for awhile, then I gotta' switch to something milder. I'm on a mission today to find e-juice or compatible cartos here in the Seattle area.

Bump it down to 24 or 18mg and see how you do.

Kgrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Monroe, WA

If you find one let me know, I have been looking as well and still no luck, I am trying to talk one of the smoke shops that are by me into carrying liquid but no luck yet. :(

Finally found one! Premium Cipar & Pipe at 177th on Aurora in Lynnwood.

Several others had SE/Smoke51/CleanSmoke etc w/ no juice & some had no cartos. I'm amazed someone has marketed all the little mini-marts w/ these but not shown 'em how they work, or they'd carry juice w/ the empty cartos. If better stuff was marketed to whoever supplies mini-marts, I bet e-cigs would be widely used, as most people show positive interest in the idea. Seems like a biz idea for some of you suppliers out there.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
I smoked 3+ packs a day so I started with 36mg. Mistake. Because I didn't really smoke that many cigarettes, I burned that many.

With a cigarette, occasionally you puff the whole thing. I usually did when I went outside for a break at work. But most of the time you light it and take a puff or two and put it in your ashtray. You grab it once or twice for additional puffs and maybe get in one more just before it reaches the filter and you stub it out. So you actually only got 6-8 puffs (plus some second hand smoke from being in the same room.) With an electronic cigarette, it only vaporizes the liquid when you inhale it, so you get it all.

In theory you could kill yourself vaping but in practice you are in more danger from mishandling your supplies. That's why you'll see admonitions to make sure you keep your e-liquid properly locked up if you have children or pets.

Ourei

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
Hawaii! Yay haha
Something I find interesting is that If I use a strong eliquid (48mg nicotine) just 2 puffs and I'm buzzing and lightheaded. If I use a weaker one (about 24mg?) I find that I can puff eternally and I don't get the buzzing. I can slowly feel the nicotine affecting me, but it's not the heart-pounding rush like the strong stuff.

I would think that a liquid half as strong as another one would simply take twice as many puffs to feel the buzz, but it doesn't seem that way for me :shrug:

proudlion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2010
Winter Haven, FL
I agree. Perhaps 'vap' is short for 'vapid' (lacking taste, zest, or flavor). So 'vapping' may mean 'vaping mediocre e-liquid'.

LOL! I'm sticking with the more tradition perversion of 'vapor'

Etymology: Middle English vapour, from Anglo-French vapor, from Latin, steam, vapor
Date: 14th century
1 : diffused matter (as smoke or fog) suspended floating in the air and impairing its transparency
2 a : a substance in the gaseous state as distinguished from the liquid or solid state b : a substance (as gasoline, alcohol, mercury, or benzoin) vaporized for industrial, therapeutic, or military uses; also : a mixture (as the explosive mixture in an internal combustion engine) of such a vapor with air
3 a : something unsubstantial or transitory

Shaka

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Honolulu, HI
I haven't had headaches but a few bouts of nausea, which I kind of liked.

You kind of liked nausea?? lol

Hey Viktor. All said here. Your body will warn you when you've had too much.

Don't know my personal threshold yet. I use only 24 mg and sometimes chain vaped the stuff for 5-6 hrs straight while working on some projects w/o symptoms (went thru 3+ fresh batts each session on my pre-eGo 510).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread