Can you vape at work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davinna

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Central Il, USA
I'm traveling to my home office next month for a face-to-face visit and the holiday party. I emailed this to my boss today
I’m forwarding health information on e-cigarettes since I have started using these. I’m currently over 30 days tobacco cigarette free and have greatly reduced the harm from my 25 year habit. I plan to continue to use e-cigarettes as a harm reduction therapy until I can wean myself off of the nicotine.

This link below is a synopsis of the study attached (key conclusions on page 13).
CASAA: New study confirms that chemicals in electronic cigarettes pose minimal health risk

In the article below, on page 3, there is a discussion of “second hand” exposure to the vapor produced by e-cigs.
http://www.ash.org.uk/files/documents/ASH_715.pdf

I provide this information so you can make an informed decision as to the use of my personal vaporizer(e-cig) indoors when I visit the offices next month. The only odor, if any, is usually from the flavor of nic-juice I’m using. The flavors I’m using vary from vanilla custard, black cherry, chocolate truffle, and mocha.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

The attached study was this one from Drexel University. I'm still waiting to hear back from him. I hope he doesn't make me go out in the cold :glare:.

SilentVapidity

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Minnesota
Yes, I do, but I'm the owner and don't share an office. If I shared an office, I probably wouldn't. I'd go in the warehouse instead. Smoking is on the wane around here, though. It used to be that 1/4 of us were smokers. Now it's down to less than 1/10th.

One day I was vaping Ahlusion's Gold Member and someone walked in, took a deep breath, and said, "It smells like pancakes in here!" :vapor:

Davinna

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Central Il, USA
a better question is DO you vape at work. I don't know if I can, but I do. My boss used to vape and he vaped at his desk. I do, but I don't blow clouds into the air. I have a fan set up away from me so it kills most of the clouds but you can see it linger every now and then.

Most of the time yes. I work from my home a majority of the time, but need to visit the home offices next month and I'm trying to persuade my manager to allow me to vape indoors.

Davinna

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Central Il, USA
I vape in my cubicle all the time there are many cubes all around me, but no one has said anything thus far. I have also gotten several others who smoke to start vaping, and they do it inside too.

I have become sort of the company vaping knowledge base guy...:)

Glad to hear you were able to get converts! I work for a small company and I was the only analog smoker in the bunch. There is an ex-smoker who feels me still being on nicotine is still "smoking".

Davinna

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Central Il, USA
There was a Memo saying no more vaping indoors "go outside with the smokers you stinky minions and no we won't listen to reason!" So even though I go out with my fellow minions, I do stealth vape at my desk. Doing it now. While reading ECF. I'm a bad minion.

:lol: Doesn't seem like you fit into the minion mold very well.

seashells

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
There are 3 vapers in my little dept of 8. There were 4 but 1 went back to smokes when we hired another smoker. The guy next to me spends a lot of time vaping in the bathroom. I always forget to pocket mine before going.
:lol: Doesn't seem like you fit into the minion mold very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread