• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

[Canada] New to vapor - help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

DjC4

Oct 1, 2012
Vancouver

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
I was told to get extra atomizers that should be changed every 3 weeks, is that true? and if I do, are the old atomizers garbage or reusable if cleaned?

Are you going with clearomizers, like the Kanger T2, Vivi Nova and/or Stardust ? They're slightly different from an atomizer, you need to clean the heads every once in a while and yes, eventually they'll stop working well or at all and need to be replaced. Depending on who you ask, this needs to be done every week to month or longer for some people. Coil/wick replacement heads for those systems are $2-3, the Vivi comes with 2-3, depending on the vendor. So you might want to pick up 1-2 extras.

Personally I've been rotating 3 Kanger T2s with different liquids for over a month and only replaced one head, once it started to taste burnt - even after washing.

RSfooled

Oct 11, 2012
canada
vivi nova looks cool, I'll go with that over Kanger T2. So how many heads should I order? I heard 1.8 is good for more vape.

Actually, I'll order vivi nova 2ml and Kanger T2 as the 2nd replacement and order replacement parts later on as I'll probably get more experienced and order others as well =)

one more edit, what did you wash it with? Wouldn't Isopropyl alcohol work the best? Cleaned the gunk out for sure

Last edited:

RollandOfGilead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Kingston, On, Canada
1.8ohm may get a little on the hot side with anything over 3.8V. If your just gonna be using Ego's should work good but the twist or other mods, VV's, ect be careful not to go high on the voltage.

Heres a realativly easy chart to referance for ohms vs volts try to find the sweet spot in the green area.

every time i upload this chart the downloader reduces the size, if you right clic and save it, it should be viewable.

or you could PM me a email to send the readable fullsized one to

Attachments

• safety chart.jpg
    safety chart.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Bdbodger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
North Vancouver BC Canada
I prefer variable voltage and lately have been using changeable head systems like the kanger T2 or ViVi nova . The ego C twist is a little long and skinny for me but since I have been using only provaris lately I leave that use to you to decide . For a non variable voltage the joytech tube mod can hold an 18650 2000mah battery and is still able to be recharged with an ordinary ego charger although that will take a while , better off with a proper pila charger . A 2000mah battery will last a fairly long time , all day for most .

pffpffpass

Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Toronto Canada
Hey there!!!

I'm a relative newb myself when it comes to vaping. I wish I had known of ECF instead of just listening to one of my co workers, but at least he got me started.

So I will chime in with my opinion on the subject.

Battery: Ego-Twist http://www.canvape.com/ego-c-ego-c-twist-ego-twist-vv-variable-voltage-p/twist.htm
Other half: Stardust long wick eGo Vision Star Dust(V2) SR or LR - Long Wick

The original EGO batteries are also very good as per pretty much everyone but because you cannot adjust the voltage, I wouldn't recommend them.

Some people don't like the stardust but IMO they are easy to fill, easy to clean and are the closest I have found to a vape and go solution. Mind you, I enjoy cartomizer tanks 10x more but they aren't as easy and I haven't found a cartomizer that doesn't taste like crap after half a tank.

I have tried the vivi nova's as well but the taste just isn't there for me. Though they do get the job done.

What kept me off the "analog" (i hate that term) cigarettes when I started vaping was ....... Halo Torque 56 ejuice, today its Vaporus jabba's hooka....

RollandOfGilead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Kingston, On, Canada
How does interac work?

You need to set it up at your bank first (if avail) then place your order with the supplier of choice that accepts interact e-transfer. In the check out process you will be give an email address and a password to use. Then you need to log on to your banking site and initiate the interact email transfer for the required amount, supplying the email and password you received, its also good to quote your order number. once you hit send the funds will be deducted from your accnt and sent via email to the recipient where it will wait until they accept payment. The password is important its so THEY can access the money YOU send.

RollandOfGilead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Kingston, On, Canada
Yeah I've done it right don't worry. May of said it wrong but I meant they sent a password with the email for transfer, just put the password in the security answers as I thought thats what he wanted. Now whats the different from clearomizers, cartomizers and the rest?

Simply put... Atomizers are just the heating coil (few drops of juice at a time), cartomizers are an Cartridge + atomizer (filler to hold more juice), clearomizers are the same as a cartomizer EXCEPT instead of filler its a wick and usually a "clear" tank. Basically the Carto and the Clearo both contain atomizers in units designed to hold more juice at a time.

Now there is more to it then this description, but this might be the easiest way for beginners to picture it.

RSfooled

Oct 11, 2012
canada
Yeah ty so much for downing that for the noobie xD

Okay from what I learned and ordered *inside stars ***

eGo USB Rapid USB Charger
*** cartomizer right?*** eGo Vision Star Dust(V2) SR or LR - Long Wick - Low Resistance
Genuine Joyetech eGo-C Twist Battery - 1000mAh Black VV Twist
Shorty Tank Cone(eGo thread covers) - Type-1 Chrome
*** Clearomizer, duh > description lol, but I no wick clearomizer* T2/Coil-5/Kanger CC 2.4ml Tank/Clearo and Replaceable Coil Heads Long Wicks - SR Complete Unit
*** cartomizer right?*** Vivi Nova V3 replacement parts Long Wicked standard. - Vivi Nova Mini V3 Complete Kit 2.0ml

===

So I'm going to order from jugheads and not sure if they'll be all VG\PG. I'll order VG Extremes too and not sure what the right setup is, if they even have PG I can mix 50\50. What tank should be used for pg\vg\mix

RollandOfGilead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Kingston, On, Canada
Ive not yet had any problems with the VG extremes in those devices, and pg/vg mixes are less likely to have issues.

I would actually call all those (vivi, kanger, and stardusts) Clearomizers. (though the vivi could be called a tank:))

The Cartomizers would have filler like pictured here... http://www.vapeatron.com/attachments/1208d1283855599-cartomizer_insides.jpg

All three of those are quality clearomizers and you shouldnt have any trouble with any of them with Juggies juice.

Just fill and Vape.

RollandOfGilead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Kingston, On, Canada
Oh derp, lol. So the wick filler not just a string is cart. Ordering after one more question. How much would 3ml-10ml last me? as being 1\2 pack to a pack smoker a day 18mg I'll probably smoke for the flavor and being able to smoke inside =)

That question will only be answered by you after you get thru your first few bottles. I was almost a 1/2 pack a day smoker started out vaping about 3/4 of a ml per day(12 mg). Now I'm not even sure because I have 13 different tanks, clearo's and cartos loaded with different flavors right now so I can switch flavors easily, I just top em up when they get low. If I had to guess I'd say im about 1 ml per day. There are people who claim 8 - 10 mls per day.

If you get a craving for a cig, just vape it away. I found 8 - 10 puffs was plenty to relieve the cravings. If you start getting queasy as if you just chain smoked then ease off on the vaping a bit as thats a sign of nicotine OD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread