• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Canada Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobsyeruncle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 5, 2010
    in a cave, eh?
    Well, Canada Post probably felt they didn't have to do squat. They locked out the posties and forced the back-to-work legislation. They got a lower wage increase than what they last agreed to. It remains to be seen what an arbitrator will grant on the other outstanding issues of the contract.

Well, we're all getting our mail starting, Tuesday. Yay, us. :D

Canada Post promises mail delivery Tuesday - Politics - CBC News

Well, now I'm happy. My package arrived this morning intact and undamaged :) Not sure who at CP did it, but they overnighted the package from BC instead of the original 2 day which I paid for. At this point I will assume it was the posties and not the management who escalated my delivery. For those of you waiting for the same, don't be surprised if you see your packages before the weekend.

On an aside, after welcoming my mailman back (who showed up almost immediately after the CP truck) I found out that Deepak Chopra earns $650k annually as CEO of CP. That is TWICE what the Prime Minister is paid. Imagine, the PM is paid HALF of what the head of CP is paid! That salary needs to be cut WAY back!

DevilFishPhil

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 29, 2011
    Montreal, QC
    The frustrating thing is that the parcel from JC that got caught in the mail is still showing the old info of postal interruption, yadda. The one I ordered yesterday from HV is expected to be here tomorrow.

Check it again, mine just changed from that postal interruption yada yada yada to "Item Delayed - Temporary volume surge as we resume operations"

sadoway7

Jun 27, 2011
    edmonton
    well, i ordered on monday, didnt find out there was issues with PayPal until Tuesday night, so my ordered didnt ship until wednesday, and im thinking all the mail that didnt get delievered will really slow it down, im hoping for thursday, but expecting monday now :(

kinda bummed, i was vaping for a few months last year exclusively, then started smoking again a couple months after i got hit by a car because i wasnt working (cant bum an ecig and couldnt afford shipping, i dont know any other people in edmonton that do it, just. Working again, I decided enough is enough, and was going to order may 1st, but was to broke from bills to get everything i wanted again (trying the ego-t). I ed to get for 2 people because my boyfriend smokes, and he just says he wants his own stuff if hes going to do it.

and then i wanted till june 1st, and postal strike. arg.

and because it ended, supplier is now sending by canada post, i think i would have been happier with a private company, but i cant blame the supplier for that. private is more expensive, and they didnt charge me for shipping.

all i can do it wash out my old attys from last year and puff on old ejuice (tasts ok, but definatly doesnt taste as fresh as it did last year)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread