The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Can't believe it, I think cigarettes are the WORST thing ever now...

Discussion in 'Smokeless tobacco' started by nicotineisbomb, May 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    It may have been Wintergreen flavor, but I love that flavor. In fact I am vaping a DIY Wintergreen juice right now. That wouldn't explain the lozenges though. Those were most definitely not wintergreen or mint of any kind. I mostly used the Cherry flavor lozenges, but sometimes the Regular as well (if they were out of Cherry at the store). Anyway, regardless of the root cause, I cannot recommend those products for long term use due to my personal experiences. For short term (like a long airline flight, or maybe a week in a hotel, when I can't vape) I might even consider using them again. I mean I did stop smoking while using them. I just couldn't keep using them.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Stubby

Stubby Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2009
    Madison, WI USA
    I read through this thread with amusing interest, and then I came across this post..... which is so completely full of lies and misdirection you should get a job in the tobacco control industry. It really is where you belong.

First off, all forms of western smokeless tobacco (Those from Sweden and the US) have no associating with oral cancer. The three major risk for oral cancer are smoking, alcohol, and HPV. Smokeless tobacco doesn't even make it on the list of risk factors. The connection to oral cancer and smokeless tobacco is a myth with no science to back it up.

The link you gave is about Lymphoma which, as far as I can tell, is not associated with tobacco use, even smoking.

You may want to look into the writings of Brad Rodu and Carl Phillips, along with what CASAA has to say on smokeless about the actual risk of smokeless tobacco (close to zero), before you continue to show your extreme bias and ignorance on the subject.

Tobacco Truth: Federal Studies: ZERO Mouth Cancer Deaths Among Men Who Dip or Chew Tobacco

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.