cant figure out why my plume veil taste is off/bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

natethegreat728

Nov 16, 2014
CA
so i got a plume veil about two weeks ago. (using crft gravel pit juice)
the first week was amazing crazy flavor and good clouds. im guessing the build the guy in the shop made was a 5/6 wrap dual coil with 24G at .3 ohm im guessing but for sure 24G.
so after a week the taste was off. some times its flavorless and sometimes it almost like burnt popcorn just not good and definitely not the flavor i was getting the first week. so i went back a got a rebuild with what im guessing was the same build, still tastes bad. made my own build still bad. so i tried a cooler build FullSizeRender.jpg 11 wrap 24G .5 ohm and still a bad taste.
Ive done multi deep cleans, the legs were tight, no hot spot, coils burned inside out evenly.
im currently taking a break incase its vapors tounge?
im going to get new wick, wire and flavor and try a new build after a few days. if that doesnt work ill probably give up.
any suggestions to what it might be? thanks for the help

bwhitt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2013
Houston
plume veil.jpg I own a plume veil 1.5 and the taste is great. Done at least 4 different dual coil builds from horizontal to vertical at around the 0.4 to 0.5 range. Only thing I can think to check is the air flow. Make sure the bottom air flow holes are opened and not stopped up. And make sure the top cap is screwed up all the way to shut off the top air flow holes. It’s very easy to open the top air holes without realizing it.

One other idea. Make sure your wicks are pulled back away from the bottom air flow holes, to allow maximum air flow.

This thing hits harder than any other RBA I own to date. The gold plating makes a noticeable difference.
After I started using the plume veil, I thought something was wrong with my hobo, because the flavor seamed muted.

Last edited:

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
The wicks in my drippers are typically replaced once a day; multiple times a day if I'm vaping liquid prone to gunking up the coils. At the same time I replace the wick, the coil is dry burned to remove any residue, and the whole dripper is thoroughly rinsed clean. The coil itself gets replaced when it is no longer shiny silver after being cleaned.

The whole process takes just a couple of minutes, and I never have to worry about any bad or weak flavor. Like crxess said, coils and wicks need to be replaced frequently.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
the first week was amazing crazy flavor and good clouds. im guessing the build the guy in the shop made was a 5/6 wrap dual coil with 24G at .3 ohm im guessing but for sure 24G.
so after a week the taste was off. some times its flavorless and sometimes it almost like burnt popcorn just not good and definitely not the flavor i was getting the first week. so i went back a got a rebuild with what im guessing was the same build, still tastes bad. made my own build still bad. so i tried a cooler build View attachment 389842 11 wrap 24G .5 ohm and still a bad taste.
Ive done multi deep cleans, the legs were tight, no hot spot, coils burned inside out evenly.
im going to get new wick, wire and flavor and try a new build after a few days. if that doesnt work ill probably give up.

Well since you don't know for sure what the first build was and you don't know for sure what the second build was........

You didn't say, but I assume you are using a mech mod, in which case, you have to build the right ohms for whatever gauge you're using, and the internal diameter of the coil is also relevant, and then the plume veil has 3 ways of doing the airflow.

On the other hand maybe it's something gone seriously wrong like: 16/0.3 = 53 watts so maybe something got burnt like maybe an insulator right got burnt;

One clue though: you said it tasted off after a week, so my suspicion would be like some burnt gunk somewhere; maybe some burnt gunk got down inside the posthole.

so after a week the taste was off. some times its flavorless and sometimes it almost like burnt popcorn just not good and definitely not the flavor i was getting the first week. so i went back a got a rebuild with what im guessing was the same build, still tastes bad. made my own build still bad. so i tried a cooler build View attachment 389842 11 wrap 24G .5 ohm and still a bad taste.

Where did you purchase it from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread