Can't sell my vape gear on eBay anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pvarck31

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2017
The Land
So I have been buying and selling vape gear, mostly mods, on ebay for the better part of two years. I just went to list a mod for sale and it when I hit list, it told me that this sale violates eBay's tobacco policy. Is this new? I am really upset about this. I did this a lot once I got sick of a mod and sold it to cover most of the cost of a new one.

Reactions: stols001

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
eBay's policy enforcement is not applied equally to all listings that are vape related, nor even to 2 listings for the same items...by 2 different sellers. Usually, if an item is ended by eBay after you manage to get it listed...it's because it was reported by another seller who has the same item listed him/herself. They report you = less competition.

If you're having trouble even getting the item listed, you're most likely using specific words that their filters are catching. Exactly what is it that you're trying to list?

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
I sell on ebay and am a top rated seller. I do not sell any vape gear on there because some people have been booted. I do not think their policy is fair and it is applied at will it seems.

They did update their policies
Tobacco and smoking accessories policy. It falls under the Tobacco, shishas and tobacco-related items
Tobacco and smoking accessories policy
It specifically listed under not allowed,
And then under the FDA regs components are listed as components and ends.

In 2016, FDA finalized a rule extending CTP's regulatory authority to cover all tobacco products, including electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS) that meet the definition of a tobacco product. FDA regulates the manufacture, import, packaging, labeling, advertising, promotion, sale, and distribution of ENDS, including components and parts of ENDS but excluding accessories. Examples of components and parts of ENDS include:

components of electronic nicotine delivery systems

E-liquids
A glass or plastic vial container of e-liquid
Cartridges
Atomizers
Certain batteries
Cartomizers and clearomizers
Digital display or lights to adjust settings
Tank systems
Drip tips
Flavorings for ENDS
Programmable software

I mean drip tips??? Ridiculous.
Just as bad is programmable software. How can that possibly be related to nicotine? We need to remember though, this is the US government were talking about. If they start making sense the world might end.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
This is weird. I'm trying to list the Innokin Proton. But it keeps giving me the violation thing.

The brand name....Innokin.... trips the filters on eBay regularly. That's why people list for example, MVP mods without the name Innokin anywhere in the listing.

Some other brand names related to vaping don't though.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I sell on ebay and am a top rated seller. I do not sell any vape gear on there because some people have been booted. I do not think their policy is fair and it is applied at will it seems.

They did update their policies
Tobacco and smoking accessories policy. It falls under the Tobacco, shishas and tobacco-related items
Tobacco and smoking accessories policy
It specifically listed under not allowed,
And then under the FDA regs components are listed as components and ends.

In 2016, FDA finalized a rule extending CTP's regulatory authority to cover all tobacco products, including electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS) that meet the definition of a tobacco product. FDA regulates the manufacture, import, packaging, labeling, advertising, promotion, sale, and distribution of ENDS, including components and parts of ENDS but excluding accessories. Examples of components and parts of ENDS include:

components of electronic nicotine delivery systems

E-liquids
A glass or plastic vial container of e-liquid
Cartridges
Atomizers
Certain batteries
Cartomizers and clearomizers
Digital display or lights to adjust settings
Tank systems
Drip tips
Flavorings for ENDS
Programmable software

I mean drip tips??? Ridiculous.

Edwin Betz

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2018
Dayton, Ohio. USA
So I have been buying and selling vape gear, mostly mods, on ebay for the better part of two years. I just went to list a mod for sale and it when I hit list, it told me that this sale violates eBay's tobacco policy. Is this new? I am really upset about this. I did this a lot once I got sick of a mod and sold it to cover most of the cost of a new one.
Happens to me all the time. You have to find a way to list it without flagging it as vape or e-cig related. Or be a big Chinese company that sells millions on EBay every year, therefore making ebay millions.

I know it sucks, but that's how it is. Let Go, Offer Up, and Craig's List have the same policy.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

• Agree

pvarck31

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2017
The Land
Happens to me all the time. You have to find a way to list it without flagging it as vape or e-cig related. Or be a big Chinese company that sells millions on EBay every year, therefore making ebay millions.

I know it sucks, but that's how it is. Let Go, Offer Up, and Craig's List have the same policy.

Geez man. I am so tired of vaping being vilified. It's not tobacco, it's not smoking. And yet all these people think it's the same damn thing.

And yeah, you're right. They aren't gonna be sending the violation of tobacco policy messages to Smok.

Do you know how I could get around it? Like are there certain terms they are looking for? I tried a few different titles and descriptions and it flagged them all.

Edwin Betz

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2018
Dayton, Ohio. USA
I tried to get verified but either don't qualify, did something wrong or the person in charge of verifying is very busy. I'm just going to sit here and wait. Eventually someone will give in and verify me LOL
I've been waiting for a while too. Was told I could take a few weeks.

• Agree

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I have sold 100's of vaping gear on eBay. You can request to sell it, fill out the form that comes up when it flags it up red under the category. Unless the UK site is different. Never had a problem personally.

Wow! You are correct. In the UK business sellers can sell vape gear.

New categories request | eBay

Register to sell in new categories on eBay

We’re committed to offering diverse selling opportunities, as well as a broad range of choice for shoppers on eBay. That’s why we allow business sellers to sell in certain categories that are restricted to private sellers.

These categories are:

Beer
Wine
Erotic Clothing
Sex Toys
Fantasy, Fetish & Accessories
Vape Pens, E-Cigarettes & Accs
Vaporizers
To list in these categories, you must be a registered business seller on eBay. If you’re interested, please review the following links to make sure you’re compliant with the relevant UK law and eBay rules and policie

Last edited:
Reactions: Rixsta
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread