Status
Not open for further replies.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
Now that you're getting the CE3's I was wondering if you have any plans to design a carto cover for it?

I absolutely love using CE3’s, but the brown fluid sloshing around is a put-off to some and makes the volt a little less elegant. A carto cover with a little clear stripe running down the length to see your fluid level would be great for these. So far all I’ve been able to come up with is some electrical tape cut so that I can still see the level.

So SI….file this as a request in your “suggestion box”. I look forward to buying your CE3’s when you stock up on them, and anxiously await the new design you’re coming out with.

Last edited:

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
How about just buying some adhesive-backed automotive vinyl (sold by the foot on eBay and Metro Decals) that you can cut up? Just cut it down to smaller than the circumference and bam, you've got your little level-viewing window! ;)

Cut it down with and XActo knife and a ruler, not scissors...permanent adhesive will stick during use and still peel off cleanly when you want to change colors.

haha, that's what I plan to do. The plain ones look a little too clinical to me...reminds me of Science Lab...

NatGasMan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Not in Colorado yet!
How about just buying some adhesive-backed automotive vinyl (sold by the foot on eBay and Metro Decals) that you can cut up? Just cut it down to smaller than the circumference and bam, you've got your little level-viewing window! ;)

Cut it down with and XActo knife and a ruler, not scissors...permanent adhesive will stick during use and still peel off cleanly when you want to change colors.

haha, that's what I plan to do. The plain ones look a little too clinical to me...reminds me of Science Lab...

Very good idea Cindy! My wife is into the whole scrapbooking thing, so she probably has the tools to do this. Thanks for the idea! :)

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida

That may work, but not what I was getting at. That would be similar to my attempt using electrical tape. It just felt weird on my lips where the gap was and collected pocket lint. I suppose it could be wrapped in a second clear layer to smooth out the blank spot, but then we're getting into "too much trouble" territory.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
That may work, but not what I was getting at. That would be similar to my attempt using electrical tape. It just felt weird on my lips where the gap was and collected pocket lint. I suppose it could be wrapped in a second clear layer to smooth out the blank spot, but then we're getting into "too much trouble" territory.
There's a big difference between electrical tape and vinyl (thinner material, better adhesive, etc.). The only difference between vinyl and the wraps that you'd buy anywhere is that plain vinyl wouldn't be printed. Otherwise, same exact stuff. Solvent-based permanent adhesive sticks best. They do stick better to metal though, so I dunno how long they would stay stuck to plastic after cleaning (sticks to painted cars and laptops, so it would probably be OK)...but for that little money, worth a shot I think...better than walking around with a science project, right? :lol:

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
There's a big difference between electrical tape and vinyl (thinner material, better adhesive, etc.). The only difference between vinyl and the wraps that you'd buy anywhere is that plain vinyl wouldn't be printed. Otherwise, same exact stuff. Solvent-based permanent adhesive sticks best. They do stick better to metal though, so I dunno how long they would stay stuck to plastic after cleaning (sticks to painted cars and laptops, so it would probably be OK)...but for that little money, worth a shot I think...better than walking around with a science project, right? :lol:
Go for it!

I'm just not one to fiddle around so much with something. If SI or somebody else comes out with a carto wrap for these pre maid with no fuss...I'll part with the $$$ to buy it.

That's my :2c: and I mean that literally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread