CE3 smokeymizer prelim review

Status
Not open for further replies.

jameth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Southern Utah
I find that with these, it is best to stick a carto condom on the battery connecter end before filling or topping off.

When that little black plug is released, the vacuum built up in the tank lets go, and the juice follows gravity as best it can.

Even with this method, once your all done, and take the carto condom off (after replacing the black plug!) you will probably get a drop or so come out the airholes at the bottom as it all settles, but once that is wiped away, it doesn't leak any further.

I also like to give them a little blow into the mouth piece after filling, with the battery end in a paper towel, this helps clear the air tube of any juice that may have made its way up there during the filling process.

If you blow to much though, you can end up forcing additional liquid out then is necessary.

Last edited:

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
nope they are the real deal, im a dumba$$ :) the mit logo is on the outside of the box, and the mc is inscribed in both places as you stated :)
when you went to refill and had leakage, was there still liquid in the ce3? were you sort of topping off for the day? i only ask because the one time i did try that was the only time i experienced any leakage...i vape mine dry b4 i refill, and that eliminated that problem....just curious :) lemme know :)

Yes, I was definitely topping off. Can I run it down to dry without burning it?

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
I find that with these, it is best to stick a carto condom on the battery connecter end before filling or topping off.

When that little black plug is released, the vacuum built up in the tank lets go, and the juice follows gravity as best it can.

Even with this method, once your all done, and take the carto condom off (after replacing the black plug!) you will probably get a drop or so come out the airholes at the bottom as it all settles, but once that is wiped away, it doesn't leak any further.

I also like to give them a little blow into the mouth piece after filling, with the battery end in a paper towel, this helps clear the air tube of any juice that may have made its way up there during the filling process.

If you blow to much though, you can end up forcing additional liquid out then is necessary.

Jameth, Thank you so much for this tip. I'm learning so much on ECF. Tiff thanks for the suggestion on these. Maybe it takes a bit of extra work but I do like these and I give them an edge over the Sapphire. We had also discussed whether or not the GV nipples (supplied with the sapphire) would go into the ce3 hole and obviate the need for syringe filling. Sadly this is not so. If the hole were just slightly bigger (or if the nipple were slightly smaller and more rigid) this would work.

jameth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Southern Utah
Jameth, Thank you so much for this tip. I'm learning so much on ECF. Tiff thanks for the suggestion on these. Maybe it takes a bit of extra work but I do like these and I give them an edge over the Sapphire. We had also discussed whether or not the GV nipples (supplied with the sapphire) would go into the ce3 hole and obviate the need for syringe filling. Sadly this is not so. If the hole were just slightly bigger (or if the nipple were slightly smaller and more rigid) this would work.

On a related note, if you managed to get teh Sapphire nipple in there, you would want to make sure you still have room around the nipple for air to flow while filling, otherwise as you fill it up, the pressure forces the liquid right out the bottom!

Same thing happens with the Sapphire if you have it pressed up snug against the hole, not allowing air to move as you fill it, you will find that the liquid will start filling the air passage, where if you have an air gap while filling it, the pressure stays equalized, and it wont flood out like that.

Hopefully that makes sense.

On Sapphires vs CE3's, all three Sapphires I got had major problems with wicking and airflow, and resulted in crappy burn taste way way way to frequently for me.

The CE3's I got (from TW) have all worked flawlessly, and vape really really well.

However the Sapphires are easier to fill ( though really pretty similar), but I just can't get them to vape right.

For reference I vape NLV liquids almost exclusively right now, which are all 65/35 pg/vg.

I run the CE3s on a Darwin, I started them out at around 5 watts, but have found that they really excel at around 8 watts (4.9v @ 1.7 amps into 3-ish ohms), amazing flavor, vapor, and consistency.

Last edited:

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Yes you are right on that air flow issue b/c I did in fact flood a sapphire air hole. I'm still learning so please bear with me lol.

I'm wondering if Totally Wicked's are different from the ones I got at MVS? Not that these perform poorly, the vape is very good. Only that maybe those are like from the original manufacturer and mine are a knock off? TW's price was 12.99 and MVS was 10.50 which is why I went that route. I also needed some additional things which TW doesn't carry.

My main issue is the mopping up a bit of juice at the top about twice per refill. Tiff's original post on these indicated zero leaking. Doing this twice per refill is not a huge deal, but it would certainly be better not to have to and if it's a matter of 1.50 I'd get the better ones from TW.

I agree with you that the trade off in hassle of filling with the ce3's is worth the better vape in comparison to the sapphire.

jameth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Southern Utah
Yes you are right on that air flow issue b/c I did in fact flood a sapphire air hole. I'm still learning so please bear with me lol.

I'm wondering if Totally Wicked's are different from the ones I got at MVS? Not that these perform poorly, the vape is very good. Only that maybe those are like from the original manufacturer and mine are a knock off? TW's price was 12.99 and MVS was 10.50 which is why I went that route. I also needed some additional things which TW doesn't carry.

My main issue is the mopping up a bit of juice at the top about twice per refill. Tiff's original post on these indicated zero leaking. Doing this twice per refill is not a huge deal, but it would certainly be better not to have to and if it's a matter of 1.50 I'd get the better ones from TW.

I agree with you that the trade off in hassle of filling with the ce3's is worth the better vape in comparison to the sapphire.

I don't think they are different, but I am not sure as these are the only ones I have had.
They did come in a TW branded box as opposed to the CE3 boxes I have seen.

They are all labeled "MC" on all the parts that they should be.

I do know that they are the "newer" revision of them, in that they have a wick that extends into the tank area about an inch or so.

I believe the first runs of them did not have the wick stick into the tank like that.

And filling pains aside, the mopping up the cup under the mouth piece is also my main annoyance, I am also finding about twice per fill it needs to be mopped up. So in that respect we are experiencing the same thing.

tiffytiff

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2009
Wheeling WV
Yes, I was definitely topping off. Can I run it down to dry without burning it?

i run it all the way down to empty...i can tell when it is getting close :) then just refill with whatever.....i don't even worry about putting the same juice back in.

the only thing that i can say sucked, (and i dont mind it really) is that when it dies....it just dies lol, no warning....so me being me, i took the syringe, and got as much juice out as possible, and just loaded it into a new one ;)

tiffytiff

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2009
Wheeling WV
oh and worth mentioning i think! if you do not load up your syringe to 1.7ml ish and realize you have only filled your carto half way, then try to add...again you will have leakage problems...so i overfill my syringe, to be sure and fill the carto all the way with one shot....seems to be an issue with the whole topping off....i believe the air pressure has EVERYTHING to do with these....just an observation though... ;) i could be wrong....BUT DON'T ANYONE TELL MY HUSBAND... i insist i never am!

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
oh and worth mentioning i think! if you do not load up your syringe to 1.7ml ish and realize you have only filled your carto half way, then try to add...again you will have leakage problems...so i overfill my syringe, to be sure and fill the carto all the way with one shot....seems to be an issue with the whole topping off....i believe the air pressure has EVERYTHING to do with these....just an observation though... ;) i could be wrong....BUT DON'T ANYONE TELL MY HUSBAND... i insist i never am!

Tiff you should meet my wife, you have at least one thing in common.

As for the syringe mine only goes up to 1ml. I'm gonna go ahead and run this first one down all the way and see what happens. When you switch flavors theres no problem with like cross-flavoring?

tiffytiff

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2009
Wheeling WV
Tiff you should meet my wife, you have at least one thing in common.

As for the syringe mine only goes up to 1ml. I'm gonna go ahead and run this first one down all the way and see what happens. When you switch flavors theres no problem with like cross-flavoring?

i havent had any yet :) but to be fair, most of my flavors would interchange easily ie vanillia, peanut butter cookie, ry4, sugar cookie....my all day vape is v-spot vanilla from kickbass, so every other fill is almost always vanilla and after vanilla goes through i could vape whatever :) now if i vaped menthol, which i dont, but if i did, i would probably have one CE3 just for menthol, but i'm not sure you would have to :)

BigCypress

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2010
RI
Set the carto LED down in a cup without the stopper plugged in. You won't have any juice in the carto in less than 2 hours. Filling is messy because some juice drains out while you are filling.

The CE3 has unfinished rough sharp edges at the end of the mouthpiece which will eventually cause sores on the tongue. It is a poor example of workmanship.

With the drip tip, holding the ecig between my teeth put enough pressure on my teeth to eventually cause pain. For anyone who wants to keep an ecig between their teeth, drip trips are just plain stupid.

Your observation that all plastic cartos leek shows your inexperience.

Oh yeah, don't drink six beers in a short time or you will wind up in A.A.

Dave

dave you are exceptionally ignorant.

is there a way to block users?

Hey Happy Vapers
I think the review is spot on, great review by the way. I got my CE3's from COV friday and have been vaping my DIY RY4 100% VG. I have a bad habit of chain vaping while watching the Games(football, baseball) So I did get a very slight burnt hit a few times last night. I just have to stop doing that lol. Other than that I have not had any real problems with these leaking. I did have to mop the top a few times because the condensation that colects up there was a little annoying. Being over 62 now the eys being not what they were, and that little plug was fun. LOL. I think these are a winner. I like them much better than the CE2's. I would really like to see a 3.5 mil version of these. You would not have to take a syringe out on the town, which does get some looks, if you know what I mean, I bet they think look at that old junky. VBG. I'll be buying more of these for sure
Happy Vaping
C

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Ok, just to update this I have the following to offer:

The first one I filled is still going strong after about 15 refills. No decline in taste and/or performance.

The mopping up twice per fill continues to be an issue but not a huge one.

Another poster in this thread suggest attaching a rubber carto condom to the atomizer side of the ce3 to stop leaking from that end when filling. This works great. You might get half a drop after filling this way from the atomizer end, just wipe up and thats that. Make sure you put the rubber plug back in prior to removing the condom and you will only get about half a drop of leakage.

Otherwise, these are working awesome. I just ordered a new set. White this time.

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com
Has anyone tried these on an eGo? I am wondering if the cones will fit around these or not... I'm kinda a fan of the cone look.

No, they're too fat for a standard eGo cone. Some users have grinded down the tips of their cones to get them to fit, and I think someone sells slightly wider cones, but I can't remember who at the moment.

TheJack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
P.A.
Just tore one apart. dont recommend this. i had one hell of a time getting it back together. the wick goes up inside a little hole. if you take it apart use a bread tie bent in half pushed threw the hole then with the wick between the bent part to pull it up threw the hole. its not a good time and now its harder for me to take a draw but overall these could be modded to work in a tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread