Carts that last FOREVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Sam

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2011
N. Cali Sierras
I need some carts that will really last. I am not too interested in performing serious surgery as the wicking material is a ..... to remove without soldering the wire back, besides, more than three moves makes you a junkie!

Anyway, I love the rn4081 batteries, good cig alternative.

Any suggestions on who makes the best, long term refillable carts for these. Just tried AZ smokefree...they are acceptable, but I do want the best.

djrbx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA USA
icarlo.net
There are currently no carts that last forever unfortunately. Every part of an ecig is made to be disposable (replaceable). Unfortunately, with the current set of options we have available, to each there own. I personally use Boge but some people prefer C.C.V. RESURRECTOR, Bauways, etc. I have had some cartos last me a day while others last for months on end.
Anyways, good luck on your search. If you find some, be sure to let us know.

Uncle Sam

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2011
N. Cali Sierras
Thanks for the tips. Yes, I understand that every part is disposable. The human's vain search for permanence is one of the great lessons in this temporal existance. What I mean to find is the ones that last the longest.

I will research the brand names you indicated, there is so much out there to try. I (like everyone else) don't want to dork around with inferior stuff for a long while until suitable equipment is found; best to learn from others.

Vape ON!

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
Thanks for the tips. Yes, I understand that every part is disposable. The human's vain search for permanence is one of the great lessons in this temporal existance. What I mean to find is the ones that last the longest.

I will research the brand names you indicated, there is so much out there to try. I (like everyone else) don't want to dork around with inferior stuff for a long while until suitable equipment is found; best to learn from others.

Vape ON!
You might look into the CE2 clear ones. You can take them apart and clean the rope like wicks with just running water and dry the ropes by squeezing them with a paper towel, then do a dry burn to clean the coils and they are like new again, So IMHO they will last the longest.

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
In my opinion any cartomizer that has filler material in it will burn the diaper that surrounds the coil after awhile, and it will no longer wick to the coil like it should, so the vapor production goes way down. To make them last longer, you must keep then damp with fluid by topping them off often. When a carto quits working take the stuffing out of it with tweezers, and you will see what goes on inside. I find that a small wire is going down the center of the material so I cut it with a small pair of scissors then pull out the wicking material, then go back in and pull out the diaper that surrounds the coil.

MajorRocker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Central PA
I got a box of standard Yeti 510 carto's a few days ago. Dripped in a drop and it just sat there on top of the batting. I waited 15mins and checked again. 1/2 a drip still sitting there. Over the weekend I tried several times and the thing just wouldn't take juice like it is supposed to. I even tried filling from the battery end. I did get one 1/2 decent toot off of it before it tasted like a completely dry carto. Perhaps it's a bad carto, but I don't think I'll be buying any of the same Yeti Carto's.

Now the Yeti XL 510 Carto's are pretty awesome. I always get at least a week out of 1.

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
I got a box of standard Yeti 510 carto's a few days ago. Dripped in a drop and it just sat there on top of the batting. I waited 15mins and checked again. 1/2 a drip still sitting there. Over the weekend I tried several times and the thing just wouldn't take juice like it is supposed to. I even tried filling from the battery end. I did get one 1/2 decent toot off of it before it tasted like a completely dry carto. Perhaps it's a bad carto, but I don't think I'll be buying any of the same Yeti Carto's.

Now the Yeti XL 510 Carto's are pretty awesome. I always get at least a week out of 1.
Try putting the condum that comes on the threaded end of the carto on the carto and flood it from the top. If it wicks in after awhile you can blow out any excess into a tissue or towel. I use a 18gauge needle and syringe to fill mine. You might try that if you can get one.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
I'm a bit confused by your reference to RN4081 batteries. Are you using these 510 cartomizers with a 4081-to-510 adapter? Tough to find. I've seen it the other way around (i.e., for using 4081 attys on 510-connector batteries), but not that.

If you like the small, super-mini battery, check out the KR808D-1-compatible 78mm VOLT from Smokeless Image: 3.7V and 220 mAh. Lots of 808/901-to-510 adapters around.

Whatever small, skinny battery you use, it should not be used with LR cartomizers, like some of those mentioned here. They need the higher mAh of an eGo-type fat batt or mod.

[BTW, the typical abbreviation for cartomizer is 'carto.' Cartridges typically are abbreviated as 'cart.']

Green Mtn Vpr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2011
VT
I have used many and the horizontal coil 808's are hands down the best (Bloog and SI) for flavor, vapor and life! IMHO

Even at 4.2 and higher they do not burn (I have had ONE burn the protective wrap out of who knows how many and it did it early/fast due to a flaw). I remove the filler/protective wrap to clean the cartos so I see what goes on, although you know when a carto burns anyway. These things LAST. I get 5-7 days of almost exclusive use before flavor/vapor drops, take apart, clean filler and coil, reassemble and reuse. I am not even sure how old some are anymore! Depends on your juice, but using a clearer juice (ry4 mostly) and cleaning em and they go many rounds (working better than my Boges ever did...again, IMHO). Boges to me never had the same flavor or vapor and 90% would burn in an hour to a day or two and/or seriously drop in function in no time. Same for most of the verticals.
Gravity pools liquid to the bottom, horizontals have coil/wick at the bottom always in juice (even if you run it low) so it makes sense that they dont burn and function better: dry firing= kills cartos / burns filler.. low wicking = crappy flavor/vapor.
I wont keep going...suffice it to say I am a gadget tweak and have tried much of the stuff out there from boges to STek to CEs and since nothing compared... I quit wasting money and happily stick to my Bloogs.

Try em...you wont be disappointed.

mg7454

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2011
ROFL
I need some carts that will really last. I am not too interested in performing serious surgery as the wicking material is a ..... to remove without soldering the wire back, besides, more than three moves makes you a junkie!

Anyway, I love the rn4081 batteries, good cig alternative.

Any suggestions on who makes the best, long term refillable carts for these. Just tried AZ smokefree...they are acceptable, but I do want the best.

I found some super cartos at Mad Vapes. Silver, X-tra capacity, dual coils @ $2.00 ea. They're great!
Your cartos and atomizers will most likely last longer if you do not fire them off when empty or get them too hot!
Eventually though, you will have to replace them, as I'm sure you know.

HAPPY :vapor: VAPING!
P.S.
I drop them in some HOT water, let them soak, rinse and let dry.
This is just to change flavors or once in a while, just to keep them from getting too gunked up.

Last edited:

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
try the visions from got vapes they work really good and people have been reporting 2 months use. wow ! ive had mine 2 weeks with no problems.
What size are you using and what Ohm's?? they do look interesting, a little pricey but they may be well worth it. Can you take them apart and clean and Dry burn the coils??

heliguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
chicago
IKV Mega XLR Cartos.

These things work amazing. I have tried so many cartos and these are at the very top. They last what seems like forever. I usually throw them away after 1.5 to 2 weeks.

I also converted someone at my work that hated cartos until he tried these. I hardly ever see him with an atty anymore. I usually like to switch it up between cartos and attys.

IKV's Atomizers also kick .... His new io6 and also the Cannon series.

Unfortunately he is currently out of Stock on both the cartos and cannon atties.

The only issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread