CASAA at the protests???

Status
Not open for further replies.

harmony gardens

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Wisconsin
I've been over to Madison a couple of times for the protests. I think it would be a great oppertunity to bring the issue of vaping to a lot of people. I'm not in Madison, but I will be going again a few times. Could we somehow get down there with some CASAA information?? I'd be happy to do a few shifts, if I had some materials.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
What a great idea! I'm sure one of the CASAA folks will be responding soon . . . your post came out just around the time it was announced that HB 170 was coming up for a vote in the Utah House Business and Labor Committee the next day--only 24 hours' notice!

Wish I lived closer . . . I'd be manning a shift with you. :) I think we need to start identifying venues like this for volunteers to show up with information. :thumb:

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Sorry - for some reason the forum notifier didn't tell me this thread was started!

Harmony - you are welcome to download & print any of the CASAA materials to hand out! If you can get a group together, the CASAA 2-sided tri-fold would probably be the best one for something like this: http://www.casaa.org/files/CASAA-Ecig-TriFold-Brochure.pdf

You could print them at Kinko's in black and white to save money.

Thanks for the great idea!

harmony gardens

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Wisconsin
Sorry - for some reason the forum notifier didn't tell me this thread was started!

Harmony - you are welcome to download & print any of the CASAA materials to hand out! If you can get a group together, the CASAA 2-sided tri-fold would probably be the best one for something like this: http://www.casaa.org/files/CASAA-Ecig-TriFold-Brochure.pdf

You could print them at Kinko's in black and white to save money.

Thanks for the great idea!

Thanks Kristin, will do. I think it's important to find allies on all sides of the political spectrum. It would be great to pass out information at sporting events and fairs, too. At the teachers union marches, it's a rights issue, at the tea party, it's another government agency overreaching it's authority,,, you get the idea.

PaulB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2010
Virginia
Tell the pro-union groups it's about another government agency overreaching it's authority and tell the pro-governor groups it's about special interests trying to manipulate the public through government - whichever works for the audience! ;)

Smart-smart-smart, Kristen! And in the context of e-cigarettes (and tobacco control), completely accurate on both ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread