• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Wisconsin Vapers - up for a vape in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
After the rollar coaster events this morning, my trip to madtown wasn't to be.:grr:
First clue something was going to go wrong is when I was organized enough to have everything ready to go last night. After all, this was going to be my first official outing since vaping and I was loaded for bear - charged batteries; charger in the car, carts filled...acceptable way to carry everything.......
I even had a slice of Fluval for our wonderful hostess, Vicks!

I don't know if anyone's going to check in here via phone or whatever, but I did call and leave a msg with Vick's a few minutes ago....

Equal with wanting to get the word out, I'm also very disappointed that I didn't get to meet everyone! I even had a needle and lighter in my bag so Tamara could show me exactly where to put my hole in the attomizer.
I wanted to see the other brands of PVs; I wanted to get the word out about PVs; I wanted to put faces with the names; I wanted to help make one person go home and tell a loved one "if you really can't quit, will you at least look into this cool thing I saw today...."; I wanted to talk to adults about something other than children under the age of 15; I wanted to do something more than just call my Senator or Congressman about something that's important to me.

Spikey brought up a good idea; meetings! Maybe we can work something out for a lunch one day somewhere. Monday's really aren't normally this crazy for me...honestly!! LOL

Can't wait to hear how it went and see the pics!!

harmony gardens

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Wisconsin
Well it's quarter till 5 and no word on the Madison trip. Are you guys all at the bar? Jail?
Sick from having to deal with politicians?

ROFLOL,,,, We had a terriffic time!! Everyone got along great, and the weather was fabulous. The Capitol was shinning, and we had a nice curved bench area, where we could all sit and vape. There were 7 of us, but Tom had to leave a little early. He brought his great flashlight mod, which we all admired.

We shared our vaping expiriences, compaired notes on equipment and techniques, and vaped in our little area as people walked by. We really had no one who would lead us in any type of campaign,,,, but we were content to sit around and talk and vape. We are one mellow bunch,,,, lol.

Wish that a few more of you could have made it, but we really had a nice time. We talked about making a forum group, and about planning another get together.

It was great to meet everyone!!! Keep vaping!

VelvetVisions

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Waukesha, WI
I second that, we all had a lot of fun. :) Unfortunately, are campaigning skills were a little lacking, but just getting to meet everyone and talk about our common link, was lots of fun. Sorry I didn't get on sooner to update everyone, I've been catching up on work since I took most of a Monday off (which tends to be very busy for me). But it was all worth it.

It was really great to meet everyone and I look forward to getting together again. I will post the short video we took as soon as I get a free minute or two (I don't have a youtube account, so I will have to do that as well).

VelvetVisions

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Waukesha, WI
Vicks..... I managed to get my manual switch working. I decided to try one more atomizer, this time I went with one I purchased from Ruyan rather than the ones I bought from Eastmall with the pen. It works much, much better. So, it must have been those particular atomizers it didn't like. Just glad I got it working. Hate to see $70 wasted (especially with all the money I have spent so far). LOL

That's great news, Tamara.... I have sent invites to some of you to the new social group in the forum - I came here to get more names...

I have the pictures off my camera on the social forum, and am continuing to put together the social group.

We definately have to get together - a Friday or Saturday in the near future - and this time we gotta make sure Mlr can come!

So - come and join me behind the Cheddar Curtain!

Details!?! It sounds like you all had a great time! Vicks - give us details... post any pics! Definitely would love to see them!

So was this the first official Wisconsin Vapers Club meeting? Ooo how fun!

Actually, it was a nightmare......First, this random guy came up and starting insulting all of us, then he called the cops, and after they beat us all down with billy clubs just for the fun of it, we all got hauled away in handcuffs.....Bright orange jumpsuits are just NOT my color, and I'm typing this from my cell phone (which I concealed in a 'private' area). SEND BAIL MONEY!!!!

We had fun. It was more of a meet-n-greet, as we never got around to passing out our flyers....but we came, we vaped, we got to know each other, and we got some looks.....but no approaches for information (We Wisconsinites tend to be a passive bunch). And no media - Vicki McKenna was sick the end of last week, and back to work today, but just barely.....I get the feeling she wasn't going any further than she had to today......

I will be putting together some social outings for we of the land of Cheese & Beer in the near future..

Here we are, "storming" the mighty Dome of Wisconsin:

From l-r

C-Kool Dad 09, Harmony Gardens, Vicks, TamaraSJ, and Aschmidy...

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
Orange is not my color either. Blah. Beautiful in sunsets... but not on me. ;)

Well that sounds successful! At least you all got to meet in person and that next group outing... everyone will know each other and have that much more fun!

One of the things that I think is going to help the ecig survive are these little vaping communities that are popping up left and right. I think they are wonderful and the more of them across the world, the better.

As Martha would say: "It's a good thing" :D

Hah :) We will have to set up a "fund" to bail each other out lol! Send me a link to your new social group and I will add it to the VapersClub.com website (it is not done yet.. but I am working on it tonight). Also feel free to update me on your meeting dates and I will post them for you!

Our group was only 8 people on our 1st meeting and grew to 18 on the second.. we are looking for a bigger place to hold meetings lol!

Actually, it was a nightmare......First, this random guy came up and starting insulting all of us, then he called the cops, and after they beat us all down with billy clubs just for the fun of it, we all got hauled away in handcuffs.....Bright orange jumpsuits are just NOT my color, and I'm typing this from my cell phone (which I concealed in a 'private' area). SEND BAIL MONEY!!!!

We had fun. It was more of a meet-n-greet, as we never got around to passing out our flyers....but we came, we vaped, we got to know each other, and we got some looks.....but no approaches for information (We Wisconsinites tend to be a passive bunch). And no media - Vicki McKenna was sick the end of last week, and back to work today, but just barely.....I get the feeling she wasn't going any further than she had to today......

I will be putting together some social outings for we of the land of Cheese & Beer in the near future..

From l-r

C-kool Dad '09

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Brookfield, WI - USA

From l-r

Thanks for bailing us out Mr. Aschmidy. Just when you think people on the Internet are nice - you meet them in person and find out they are REALLY nice! Thanks Vicks (Chairman of the Board) for getting us together.:)

harmony gardens

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Wisconsin
Spikey, your name came up often at our meeting. Your great video and the organization is an inspiration to all of us.

All the vibes were good today. It's hard not to be impressed with the Capitol, and it was a beautiful setting for our meeting. I hope that the people making decisions in that building keep in mind that vaping is different than smoking. I feel like the smoking battle is basically lost, and that vaping is a compromise that we can live with.

You know, sitting there vaping with you guys made me feel really peaceful.

We all agreed that we feel instinctively that vaping will be the future, because the arguments against it are too lame to stand.

Also, we should give a shout out to all the vapers in Tennessee. We note that you're trying to do something similar to what we're doing.

Last edited:
Love yopur vaping video guys!

I have listed Behind the Cheddar Curtain Forum at VapersClub.com and I think the TN club has a forum also.. gona go check now and add that one as well. I am still lookng for people to start Chicago, TX, VA, CA.. we need to spread out peeps.. strength in numbers lol :)

Looks like you guys had a blast. Did you recruit any smokers to turn them to away from the "dark side"? We seem to hit up at least a handful of people at our meetings... but may be because we are vaping inside so people notice.

Spikey, your name came up often at our meeting. Your great video and the organization is an inspiration to all of us.

There were all good vibes today. It's hard not to be impressed with the Capitol, and it was a beautiful setting for our meeting. I hope that the people making decisions in that building keep in mind that vaping is different than smoking. I feel like the smoking battle is basically lost, and that vaping is a compromise that we can live with.

You know, sitting there vaping with you guys made me feel really peaceful.

We all agreed that we feel instictively that vaping will be the future, because the agruements against it are too lame to stand.

Also, we should give a shout out to all the vapers in Tennessee. We note that you're trying to do something similar to what we're doing.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Just realized I spelled "Capitol" wrong, DOH!! I hate that word, don't understand why we need two versions, I always get it wrong.
LOL - don't feel bad; when we started writing about this, I had to google it to make sure I got it right. How did I remember which one was with an O? Well....without mentioning names, I rememberd the O was shaped like someone's head that works in that building.

Hey; what ever works LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread