CASAA: New study confirms that chemicals in electronic cigarettes pose minimal health risk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Vocalek, I'm hoping Milloy will post something about Glanz. He has in the past. Milloy's site gets a lot of visitors, and sometimes the commenters have a free for all.

Here's a recent post about cigarettes....sort of... in the Washington Times. MILLOY: What

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Me?? Am I being kidnapped? :D

Drexel is very close to me. Would be nice to meet this guy and chat with him.

I told my Kurt about this. He says that if we are going to kidnap you, you have to come down to Washington DC so we don't have to drive out of our way to kidnap you on our way to Richmond. Oh, and who do we contact to ask for your ransom money?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Lets hope that the truth about ecigs can overshadow the hype from those who hate anything that resembles smoking. There are those who view ecigs as something that just prolongs the consumption of nicotine. I'm sure they also wish the tobacco settlement would go away just because it makes the government beholden to the cigarette industry for a steady income stream.

The politics of nicotine consumption is just as much about political funding needs as it is about public hate for smoke or vapor. For us it's about safety and the right to consume a product that has yet to be shown detrimental to our health and safety or the health and safety of those around us.

At this point, I think ecigs are magnitudes safer than smoking and far less dangerous than a Big Mac and fries diet (or most of the things available in fast food joints).

Just some observations ... thinking out loud. This report helps to confirm what I've always thought about vaping.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Here's a recent post about cigarettes....sort of... in the Washington Times. MILLOY: What

If the numbers in that post are anywhere close to accurate, then what I take from the PM2.5 legislation is that they've been sold a bill of goods that doesn't exist. Fine particulate matter includes dust from dirt roads. We should be seeing significant numbers of deaths from failure to pave all roads. But then, they are all about outlawing smoking, not increasing general air quality (except for smoke particulates).

From the article ... link at bottom of clip.

Fewer than 1 in 5 Americans has any use for cigarettes nowadays, but here’s why the Obama Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has made smoking important to us all.

The EPA plans to issue in mid-December more stringent air-pollution standards for fine particulate matter (PM2.5), soot and dust roughly the width of a human hair. The agency has determined that any exposure to PM2.5 can cause death within hours or days of exposure, and there is no safe exposure to PM2.5. Those claims are not without controversy.

The Clinton EPA first began regulating PM2.5 in 1997, setting an average daily limit of 15 micrograms per cubic meter of air. Now the Obama EPA wants to tighten the average daily limit to somewhere between 12 and 13 micrograms per cubic meter, even though the average U.S. air purity is at 10 micrograms per cubic meter and falling.

Read more: MILLOY: What
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

ETA: Most of what PM2.5 talks about is industrial in nature or related to transportation emissions. It does talk about dust from paved or unpaved roads and wood stoves (one of the things that was lauded in the 70s to reduce energy consumption).

The FAQ for 2012 standards is here. There is no language that refers to smoking or vaping or even aerosols.

http://www.epa.gov/airquality/particlepollution/designations/2012standards/faq.htm#0

Last edited:

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Just received an email from PRNewswire notifying us that our press release had made it to 'the most read' section of their site!
1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread