Status
Not open for further replies.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
jlew - when you enter your email in the box for "Become a Member" it opens up another window where you enter your contact info and that is where you will see the check box to be put on the Regional Rep list. Either way, you need to become a member and get in the CASAA database to be added to the list. When you fill out the form on the Regional Rep sign up page, I just manually go into the database and check the box for you - but I cannot do that if you haven't also become a CASAA member.

If you have already signed up as a member, you also can go back into your profile by going to the Become a Member page and re-entering your email. It will email you instructions and a link to allow you to edit your profile and check the Regional Rep list box to be added to the list.

Also, there is no limit on how many members can be Regional Reps in any given area, so don't worry if there is already someone in your area signed up.

jlew

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2012
WV, USA
jspcrepair.angelfire.com
jlew - when you enter your email in the box for "Become a Member" it opens up another window where you enter your contact info and that is where you will see the check box to be put on the Regional Rep list. Either way, you need to become a member and get in the CASAA database to be added to the list. When you fill out the form on the Regional Rep sign up page, I just manually go into the database and check the box for you - but I cannot do that if you haven't also become a CASAA member.

If you have already signed up as a member, you also can go back into your profile by going to the Become a Member page and re-entering your email. It will email you instructions and a link to allow you to edit your profile and check the Regional Rep list box to be added to the list.

Also, there is no limit on how many members can be Regional Reps in any given area, so don't worry if there is already someone in your area signed up.

Hi Kristin,
Thank you for taking my suggestion, it does help to let people know the strength of an organization...
it can also help generate more of a following when people see how many people are interested by the
member count.
Since it will take "Manual Interaction" to change the numbers in the future, I am looking into web coding
that will simply place an "Active Members Count" (ticker type) box at the bottom of the front page and
each time someone enters a Valid email and clicks the "Submit" button, the counter will increase +1. :)
That way, it will require no manual interaction to change the numbers in the text field later.
There are also ways that you can place a code in the front page to let you know the amount of visitors
the site gets per day/week/month/etc., that only you can see (or if preferred, that everyone can see),
and it will also give a geographical estimate on where the majority of visits come from, sometimes with a
bar graph :)

(Web Design is a hobby of mine :) )

I finally see how the form shows with the check box...
It does not explain it onsite but when you click submit after putting in the email, you get an email
with instructions and a link - clicking on that link opens the Form page with the checkbox and the
preferences :)

I never saw that before... lol

Hey, I am good with working on computers... no one ever said I was a master ON THE Computer :laugh:

And I'm a blonde :oops: :)

Last edited:

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
I finally see how the form shows with the check box...
It does not explain it onsite but when you click submit after putting in the email, you get an email
with instructions and a link - clicking on that link opens the Form page with the checkbox and the
preferences

It does say it on the page now:

"How to Sign Up
Enter your current email address (please do not use an email intended for filtering spam) in the form below. You will be directed to confirm your email and enter your name and location. It is extremely important that we have your current and accurate information, in the event that important legislation or news occurs in your area. CASAA is a grass-roots organization that relies on member involvement, so it is vital that we be able to contact our members!

Don't forget to tell your friends and family who use or love someone who uses smoke-free alternatives to join, too. Our strength is in our numbers!

When signing up below, you can also sign up to be a Regional Representative (What's that?) simply by checking the "Regional Representative" check box you will find on the left side of the form (after you enter your email address below.)

To Update Your Current Profile
Enter the email address with which you originally signed up in the box below. You will then be emailed information and a link on how to edit your profile. Or you can click the "Update Your Profile/Email Address" link at the bottom of any newsletter or notice you have received in the past."

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
This is the CASAA twitter name: @CASAAmedia

And if you meant my personal account that is: @Noll_Marsh

Just so you know, that court ruling against the FDA is not recent. It happened in December 2010 (the appeal ruling.) The FDA announced it's "intention" to regulate e-cigarettes as tobacco products in April 2011. You may find this e-cigarette timeline helpful: http://casaa.org/E-cigarette_History.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread