Status
Not open for further replies.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
I think I have all the Regional Rep volunteers added to the group now. If you volunteered but you don't have the purple "Regional Rep" title under your name (at http://casaafoum.org) let me know.

Don't forget to tell me the city/county/state you can represent! It would also be great if you sign up with your real name and a phone number, so we can contact you in the even of an emergency. The only people with access to that info is the CASAA board of directors, so it will remain private, but we would like to eventually have the Regional Reps listed on the web site (we won't disclose your info without permission.)

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Hi folks! - if you are already signed up as a CASAA member and you are willing to sign up as a Regional Rep, please use the web form from now on. The Regional Rep sign up page can be found here: Become a CASAA Regional Representative Form

Thanks to everyone willing to step up and help protect smoke-free alternatives!

Last edited:

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Anyone from anywhere can be a Rep. Just bear in mind that those outside of the U.S. will have to step up and be more involved and proactive, since the CASAA board is only really familiar with U.S. legislation and regulations. We'll help any way we can, though! Provide research links, letter writing tips, etc.

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
I just signed up on your website. I live in Columbia MD (Howard County) which is pretty much equidistant between Baltimore MD, Annapolis MD and Washington DC.

I would LOVE to be a regional rep for MD. I have extensive experience testifying before legislators for my other pet cause--Second Amendment rights--and have testified before the House Judiciary Committee three times in the last 4 years in MD. I also have participated in "Lobby Days" in VA and NC for pro-2A issues.

I'm an enthusiastic new convert to vaping (20 years as a smoker, I bought a 901 kit for my birthday about 2 weeks ago and haven't even been tempted to light up an analog since I opened my new kit!) and I REALLY enjoy engaging our legislators on issues like this. I am a RABID researcher, a graphic designer with over 25 years of experience, and I worked as a contractor for the DOJ, CDC and EPA for nearly 10 years back in the 1990s, so I'm familiar with the "inner workings" of the way they do things in the Federal agencies.

You can count on me as an enthusiastic, well-spoken, well-prepared, and meticulously-researched spokesman if the need arises in MD, Northern VA or Washington DC.

--Richard

Joey Red

Oct 4, 2012
Brookyln, NY
I have signed on as a member. I would like to know if there is a local rep for the NYC area so that I may offer my assistance to them.
I am currently finishing my graduate degree in public policy and have some knowledge in policy analysis, research/writing, and the use of quantitative data analysis that I hope can be useful to this cause. I smoked my last analog on September 10, 2012 at 2:30PM and I never wanted another cigarette. I cannot imagine not being able to vape, just as I cannot imagine ever smoking a cigarette again for the simple reason that I have no desire to do so.
Cheers,
Joanne B.

jlew

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2012
WV, USA
jspcrepair.angelfire.com
Are there any reps for the Roane or Jackson County WV Areas?

I have noticed in some news about how legislation and law makers have left it up to each
local authority to permit individual business owners and such the ability to govern e-cig use
their own places of business (et. al.)...
Jackson County though, from what I understand, has a County Wide ban on them in public
places just like they have on cigarettes.
Another issue I saw was in Kanawha County, Charleston WV, in the news (article from 2011
I think) where County officials were trying to ban them completely from any and all public
places. Not sure if that ever went through or not...

People need to be made aware of the reality of E-Cigs and need to stop finding and listening
to the propaganda in the news, media, and other materials that spread fear and create ignorance.

I cannot say I could be a Rep for any area just now because I know how it can be to be a Rep
or spokes-person for an organization... Tons of calls from people all the time, eyes from authorities
looking at organizational leaders/reps as a possible trouble makers, and so forth.

I did however sign up at CASAA not long ago (under my personal email)... :)
I will also put a banner or something on my business site :)

Last edited:

Luisa

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
harlingen,texas
Are there any reps for the Roane or Jackson County WV Areas?

I have noticed in some news about how legislation and law makers have left it up to each
local authority to permit individual business owners and such the ability to govern e-cig use
their own places of business (et. al.)...
Jackson County though, from what I understand, has a County Wide ban on them in public
places just like they have on cigarettes.
Another issue I saw was in Kanawha County, Charleston WV, in the news (article from 2011
I think) where County officials were trying to ban them completely from any and all public
places. Not sure if that ever went through or not...

People need to be made aware of the reality of E-Cigs and need to stop finding and listening
to the propaganda in the news, media, and other materials that spread fear and create ignorance.

I cannot say I could be a Rep for any area just now because I know how it can be to be a Rep
or spokes-person for an organization... Tons of calls from people all the time, eyes from authorities
looking at organizational leaders/reps as a possible trouble makers, and so forth.

I did however sign up at CASAA not long ago (under my personal email)... :)
I will also put a banner or something on my business site :)

You just need to keep CASAA aware of any proposed bans in your area. No one is going to harass you. Casaa really needs as many reps as possible. Should a ban be proposed in your area,it is your choice if you want to lobby against the ban. We need reps in every area of the US.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Jlew - when you joined, did you also check the Regional Rep list box? That will automatically put you on our list for your area. (If not, just log back in with your email and add yourself to that list.) It doesn't matter if there are already Reps in your area - there can never be too many! Thank you for joining! :)

More about being a Regional Rep: Become a CASAA Regional Representative Form

jlew

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2012
WV, USA
jspcrepair.angelfire.com
Jlew - when you joined, did you also check the Regional Rep list box? That will automatically put you on our list for your area. (If not, just log back in with your email and add yourself to that list.) It doesn't matter if there are already Reps in your area - there can never be too many! Thank you for joining! :)

More about being a Regional Rep: Become a CASAA Regional Representative Form

Hi Kristin,
When I put my name in to be on the mailing list, there is no check-box on that page to be a rep.
At the top of the page, it says "Become a CASAA Member". Lower, there is a box with a couple of
paragraphs about the list and a photo of 3 figures holding hands on the top of a globe.
Then there is "Sign Up" and "Please enter your email address below to sign up for our mailing list."
Then a text field: "Your email address: ......................"
Nothing else.

I looked at the page for actual sign-up to being a rep and will do that instead.

I am not sure exactly how effective I can be because I have a lot on my plate with a
computer business, watching my son, and a few other things.

I will do my best to help as much as possible :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread