Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
Thinking about it since it seems like the last manta run is upon us. The more I think about it...The manta might be right up my alley. I think 2 posts would be easier to build on personally not that my current attys are hard. It also seems like it'd be a good single or dual coiler. It also sounds like the flavor is incredible.

You people are the worst enablers I've ever met. I mean best.
You are a fine one to talk, Sloth. :). I had zero desire - none - to try Wakonda. I seem to recall that it was you who sent me over to the side of the sacred vapor ...

I am a quite recent convert to BF'ing. I'm also quite mediocre at building; I have to ask for guidance with every new atty. The Manta is a very easy build for single or dual coils, produces gobs of flavor, and has pretty versatile airflow. Except for forgetting to squonk a few times, I haven't messed up yet. That's saying a lot! I have five and am getting a sixth with this last run. It's that good. And it really does like Wakonda :)

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Tom, I just rebuilt my Authentic Manta, but when I put it back on my mod there is an arch right at the bottom of the deck, and the coil won't fire. Any idea what could've caused this, and what can I do to fix it?

EDIT: After tinkering with the pin on the bottom, I got the coil to fire, and the arch is gone. Seems to be fixed. Still kind of confusing though, not sure what would've caused it to start with. Any input?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The center pin may have been a hair too long and the mods 510 was pushing it up to take up the slack. Tighten the screw to fix. If it doesn't fix it let me know and I will send you a shorter screw.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
What is the alternate list??
Each run has an alternate list in case of back outs. There is also back up list for the Facebook list of nanos. If we end up with 5 or more on the micro list I will ask for more.

Magaro

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2015
Corning, NY, USA
Manta 2.2 list...$110
1. motabrownie
2. Rule62
3. Steven445
4. Steven445
5. distortoblotto
6. Sheerlucksherlock
7. NatGasMan
8. inspects
9. inspects
10. EZinTN
11. Magaro
12. Rule62 (2nd)
13. Fairtradesloth
14. Papa_Lazarou
15. Steven445
16. Steven445
17. LittleBird
18. EZinTN
19. Bottomfeeder
20. Magaro (2nd)
Alternate

Magaro

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2015
Corning, NY, USA
Thinking about it since it seems like the last manta run is upon us. The more I think about it...The manta might be right up my alley. I think 2 posts would be easier to build on personally not that my current attys are hard. It also seems like it'd be a good single or dual coiler. It also sounds like the flavor is incredible.

You people are the worst enablers I've ever met. I mean best.

Better hurry. :)

joecarroll42

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Virginia
The center pin may have been a hair too long and the mods 510 was pushing it up to take up the slack. Tighten the screw to fix. If it doesn't fix it let me know and I will send you a shorter screw.

Thanks for the response.. I've got it working right now. I'm gonna rebuild it tomorrow just to see what happens. I'll let you know what I find then.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Thanks for the response.. I've got it working right now. I'm gonna rebuild it tomorrow just to see what happens. I'll let you know what I find then.

See boys and girls if I screw up and you don't try to create a Supreme Court case and leave it where I have to respond violently you get taken care of quickly. I make mistakes, I am not perfect but when you attack me I attack back. Joe Carroll: this is how it gets done. Kudos!

I learned a lot about myself in my Anger Management class Wednesday. Apparently I go into what they referred to as "Fight or Flight" mode and I'm to fat to fly. Not making excuses but just coming to terms with my personal issues. Wasn't a bad trait when I was a bouncer in girly bars, here it causes issues. Time to grow up I suppose. I do miss bouncing drunks off their own cars however but that's a story for another day....

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
See boys and girls if I screw up and you don't try to create a Supreme Court case and leave it where I have to respond violently you get taken care of quickly. I make mistakes, I am not perfect but when you attack me I attack back. Joe Carroll: this is how it gets done. Kudos!

I learned a lot about myself in my Anger Management class Wednesday. Apparently I go into what they referred to as "Fight or Flight" mode and I'm to fat to fly. Not making excuses but just coming to terms with my personal issues. Wasn't a bad trait when I was a bouncer in girly bars, here it causes issues. Time to grow up I suppose. I do miss bouncing drunks off their own cars however but that's a story for another day....

damn that is hilarious....lmao.....:lol::lol:

beez0527

SQUONKAHOLIC
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2014
Etna,OH
I have to say that was the 1st time I had ventured to this thread as I had heard about CH doing great work on bf atties and since I had just ordered my 1st reo I decided to come on over and check it out as i wanted a derringer for my new toy and the 1st comment I see is the beginning of said fury of idiotic and crazed posts, even never had been here I could tell someone was way out of bounds in the handling of his issues and after going back and reading several pages into the thread I knew this was the place to get great service and very reasonable prices thanks for all that you do CH it is appreciated.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
I have to say that was the 1st time I had ventured to this thread as I had heard about CH doing great work on bf atties and since I had just ordered my 1st reo I decided to come on over and check it out as i wanted a derringer for my new toy and the 1st comment I see is the beginning of said fury of idiotic and crazed posts, even never had been here I could tell someone was way out of bounds in the handling of his issues and after going back and reading several pages into the thread I knew this was the place to get great service and very reasonable prices thanks for all that you do CH it is appreciated.

You assumption was correct, not only is Tom a stand-up man, he also makes the best bottom-feeders available anywhere.

If you don't like the derringer, I'll buy it for the same price you paid.

Have four now, need four more....they produce incredible flavor what intense fog....:)

beez0527

SQUONKAHOLIC
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2014
Etna,OH
Love my derringer and the vector both and Tom has been great with everything I know it must be frustrating for him at times and I was just giving him some thanks for all that he does even with the short amount of time I have been here I can tell he genuinely cares about his customers and his products.

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
It's true I don't have any good single coil RDAs - RM2s but I honestly don't dig the quality of those even though it's a pretty good vape. I'm thinking the Manta would be good for that style of vaping, with airholes closed down...but who knows x.x

I'm running a Single Nichrome 80 26g, 2mm ID 0.48 ohms, ~1.5 holes, tasty with good clouds if you need the visual effects.

I just tried the single coil with one hole on each side open. I like it better the with 1.5 on the same side, slightly different vapor & flavor-wise, mmmm...

Last edited:

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Manta 2.2 list...$110
1. motabrownie
2. Rule62
3. Steven445
4. Steven445