CBS requests information from DC area vapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Was going to post some comments but would just be preaching to the choir

Not really. When I posted my YT video telling my friends there that I was quitting cigarettes within seconds I had a reply from a person I'd never heard from before.
You may not hear from them but a topic like this gets seen by more people than the e-cig choir.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
I've had non smokers claim it is overpowering as an excuse to get smoking banned in cars.

I guess I didn't word that right. Yes as a non-smoker I've picked out slight smells like weed whacking while I was driving through the neighborhood and nobody within sight was weed whacking. That's different than people who will start that fake cough because they think someone is smoking or they catch a whiff of some smoke.

I think it is perfectly reasonable to ban vaping anywhere that bans perfume. I've seen my daughter blinking and choking back tears and borderline-wheezing from nearby folks wearing the wrong perfume. And she's an adult!

I don't know if anyplace *does* ban perfume but really hospitals should, at least on some wards.

myxomatosis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
KC
www.facebook.com
For those of you following this, I saw this ran on my local morning news on KXII Channel 12, but CBS produced.

E-smoking...Is it worth it? - CBS News Video

I think that was a fair portrayal of what we as vapers are facing. I didn't find it leaning too far towards the FDA. I still wish some of the more factual data was mentioned, instead of the usual generic: "some ingrediants could cause cancer" without any evidence to support that hypothesis.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Yesterday, I was walking through a store and I could smell someone's body odor that was really strong and offensive. Will they start forcing people to bathe or wear deodorant, because I have a "right" to breathe "clean, fresh air?"

Just because you can smell smoke, doesn't mean it is actually causing any harm (and yes - that includes indoors.) If just smelling the odor of smoke was deadly, they'd have to ban open pizza ovens, smokers and charbroil grills in restaurants, BBQ grills, fireplaces and back yard fire pits from places where bystanders could smell them. Scientifically, smoke from cigarettes isn't anymore dangerous than other sources of smoke from burning organic material. Yet, most people walking past a restaurant cooking food in a smoker or a house burning a fire in the fireplace will take a big whiff and exclaim how good it smells and not fear for their health in any way. :blink:

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Excellent ...
This cost saving advantage for switching to vaping hasn't been reported.
We need a scientific study on this subject.
:p

Well if you buy from Green Nicotine, there won't BE any cost savings.

2pk Refill Cartridges (Equals 5pks of Traditional Tobacco) $14.95

Suuuuuuure 2 carts equals 5 packs of smokes. Uh-huh. And I just turned 29.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Well if you buy from Green Nicotine, there won't BE any cost savings.

2pk Refill Cartridges (Equals 5pks of Traditional Tobacco) $14.95

Suuuuuuure 2 carts equals 5 packs of smokes. Uh-huh. And I just turned 29.

You look awful young for your age.
(You may PM me for my address if you'd like to send thank you gifts :) )

Los Marauder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Iowa City
I always like the phrase-"Think globaly, act localy." What works in one spot of the U.S. may not be the approach to use in another. I feel You Tube and techno media is probably universal, but face to face conversations are what turn the tide localy. I can give money to organizations that have what ever planed to help, or I can order some extrta cartos, give 'em to a friend, and we have ourselfs another vaper. I realy like what MYK has ben brainstorming. I have a friend that does a lot of public access t.v. and I think I'll give Andy a call in the next day or two, and see if he's in on making a vid. and putting it on the public access. He has an entire studio, and does local music videos, and wedding video editing.

McDougal

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2011
Louisville, KY
After watching this CBS piece a few times, I don't think is was overtly slanted. They showed the Italian study of effectiveness first, and the Italian doctor talked about it being "revolutionary." Then, they interviewed the American Lung Association, where they got to give their side.

To me, 2 angles on the issue were given, one of reason and one of warped logic. It could have been better and more comprehensive, but it was definitely less negative than the e-cig pieces just 2 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread