CDC Says to Stop Vaping as Fifth Person Dies

Status
Not open for further replies.

iVapeDIY

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Vaping’s Plausible Deniability Is Going Up in Smoke

Legal e-cigarettes have reversed a decades-long downward trend in teen tobacco use, and no one knows with any certainty what picking up that habit might do to those kids. By the time researchers do, it might be too late.

Now that's an ANTZ (in the voice of Crocodile Dundee).

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Vaping’s Plausible Deniability Is Going Up in Smoke

Legal e-cigarettes have reversed a decades-long downward trend in teen tobacco use, and no one knows with any certainty what picking up that habit might do to those kids. By the time researchers do, it might be too late.

Now that's an ANTZ (in the voice of Crocodile Dundee).
It’s a standard manipulation issue. Taking a vagary in the data and assuming a minimum or maximum of that vagueness. One common one is saying “e-cigarettes release X chemical without saying how much of that chemical is released. They’re saying “less harmful” and implying only slightly less harmful. The numbers released I have seen though say e-cigarettes are between 100 and 1000 times less harmful. That’s a whole lot less.

NiNi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
Paulden, Arizona
Lone wolf vaper checking in with the pack...........remember when the issue was exploding batteries? Good times.:thumbs:
There have been 8 Tide pod deaths (well, since 2012) but no one thought "Tide Pods MUST be banned!!!" Hot pepper and cinnamon challenge? Fun in the ER, several willing idiots ended up on ventilators..... Where was the outrage?:shock:
With all the issues that truly plague the Nation and the world, a few deaths and numerous ill people who vaped sketchy stuff are enough to get the Nation's panties in a bunch.
You'd think the FDA, and the political powers that be would have much more pressing and important priorities......
Just my :2c:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Lone wolf vaper checking in with the pack...........remember when the issue was exploding batteries? Good times.:thumbs:
There have been 8 Tide pod deaths (well, since 2012) but no one thought "Tide Pods MUST be banned!!!" Hot pepper and cinnamon challenge? Fun in the ER, several willing idiots ended up on ventilators..... Where was the outrage?:shock:
With all the issues that truly plague the Nation and the world, a few deaths and numerous ill people who vaped sketchy stuff are enough to get the Nation's panties in a bunch.
You'd think the FDA, and the political powers that be would have much more pressing and important priorities......
Just my :2c:
It’s all about the money. The tide company was money against tide pod issues. BT & several large pharmaceutical companies are money FOR killing e-cigarettes. Hence a lot more pressure even though the actual facts are even weaker.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It's not really about actual risk It is next to impossible to choke off the supply lines, they are everywhere.

This "contaminated" juice that no on seems to know where it is from and I am STILL not ruling out the Gafia) is getting people all up an excited because it a is a LOT easier to choke off supply lines with juice bans.

I don't think the government really CARES if it's a different substance entirely and a contaminated one at that. The public has already been "told" its vaping. Etc.

Anna

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
It's not really about actual risk It is next to impossible to choke off the supply lines, they are everywhere.

This "contaminated" juice that no on seems to know where it is from and I am STILL not ruling out the Gafia) is getting people all up an excited because it a is a LOT easier to choke off supply lines with juice bans.

I don't think the government really CARES if it's a different substance entirely and a contaminated one at that. The public has already been "told" its vaping. Etc.

Anna
Even though what they were told is so close to an oughtright lie as makes no difference.

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
Choking off legally available nicotine juice will have zero effect on what is available on the street. This is a scapegoat furthering special interest agendas. If anything the problems will increase as people turn to the black market for questionable goods to replace safer ones. Banning is a piss-poor option and is ineffective. Doesn't anyone in office study history even superficially?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Uh... No. No they do not.

I have often wondered why a) prospective parents should not be required to take an exam and b)why politicians do not have to learn history, and answer questions about the constitution CORRECTLY.

I realize this infringes on our freedoms and whatnot, but like, I still wonder it sometimes.
Anna

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
  • Agree
Reactions: stols001

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
If you insist on visiting fear mongering, Vaping Kills! clickbait articles at least drop these in the comments:
E-cigarettes around 95% less harmful than tobacco estimates landmark review
and
https://www.rcpe.ac.uk/sites/default/files/jrcpe_48_4_mathur.pdf
and
https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consu...-avoiding-....................-...-containing

pass those around in all the FB & IG ad nauseum reposts and drop them in comments at OP
What the everloving fux ECF?
OK we can't share the FDA's warning because the ECF bot is set to protect ?kids? ?snowflakes? what? :facepalm:

words hurt y'all be careful out there

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
As i have said elsewhere here - if vaping was indeed lethal, how come we are all still walking about and not pushing up daisies?
...and have been doing it without I’ll effects for many years no less.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread