Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
As the War of Words and Misleading Information continues, I came across this from another member.

http://www.ecigadvanced.com/blog/wp...Campaign-Recruitment-Flyer-All-Conditions.pdf

Is this what we pay the CDC to do these days? Make Skewed TV Ads to promote an Agenda instead of doing Science for the Advancement of Public Health?

I for one have taken the Opportunity to Contact the CDC and tell them Exactly How I Feel about this kind of Tactic.

CDC- Contact CDC-INFO

Or via a Land Line at: 1-800-232-4636

I Urge Everyone Else to Do So Also.

You might Also want to Contact the e-Mail address in the PDF Flier and Voice your Displeasure Also.

Last edited:

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Ya know, we could do a counter video (or 10) that spins this in another direction. Ya know, and honest one. Our criteria could be:

IN ORDER TO QUALIFY FOR THIS PROJECT, YOU MUST BE:
• An ex-smoker or smoker, that has reduced usage via alternative tobacco/nicotine products
• Willing to submit to a background check, to make sure you're not associated with CDC, ACS, ALA or FDA
• Able to operate a camera or have access to video recording device to tell your story
• Willing to have your doctor sign a statement verifying that alternative tobacco/nicotine products contributed to your improved health. Bonus points for those persons who started using these alternative products at the urging of their doctor.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Well, CASAA has a collection of written testimonials...
E-cigarette User Testimonials

And #IMPROOF I thought was doing video testimonials, but not sure...
http://www.improofmovement.com/

And the We Are Vapers project appears to have drastically slowed down...
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/we-are-vapers

Your idea is great, sure would be nice if we could get something like that done and get the media to care.

I just wish that More People would spend 1/10th of the Time and Energy that they Do Arguing about Sub-Ohm Vaping or whether a Provari is worth the Money on Getting Active by writing e-Mails and Letters.

We are in a Fight for Our Lives here. And the Lives of Future Vaper's. Apathy is our Enemies Greatest Ally.

10,000 Times More People are Going to see a CDC Propaganda AD on TV than ALL the Active Members here on the ECF. Are we going to Lay Down and let them Do This to Us?

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
As the War of Words and Misleading Information continues, I came across this from another member.

http://www.ecigadvanced.com/blog/wp...Campaign-Recruitment-Flyer-All-Conditions.pdf

Is this what we pay the CDC to do these days? Make Skewed TV Ads to promote an Agenda instead of doing Science for the Advancement of Public Health?

I for one have taken the Opportunity to Contact the CDC and tell them Exactly How I Feel about this kind of Tactic.

CDC- Contact CDC-INFO

You might Also want to Contact the e-Mail address in the PDF Flier and Voice your Displeasure Also.

Done. Thanks.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
No. Thank You!

You're welcome.

I used the contact link that you provided. Gave my email etc. Blasted them with my thoughts.

After I called the number you provided, however, the woman on the other phone didn't know what I was talking about. She took my name, number and email and said they will get back to me if they have any further questions about my call.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
You're welcome.

I used the contact link that you provided. Gave my email etc. Blasted them with my thoughts.

After I called the number you provided, however, the woman on the other phone didn't know what I was talking about. She took my name, number and email and said they will get back to me if they have any further questions about my call.

Even if the Person you talked to Didn't know what was going on, I'm sure that your Message will get Passed to Someone who Does.

And that is the Goal, to let the CDC Know that we are Aware of what they are doing. And we Do Not Approve of it.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va

CDC- Contact CDC-INFO

Done.

Thanks for getting this going, sir.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I still say lets get a class action suit against anyone that has violated our rights to health and has forced robbery upon us! It's going to affect us RECOVERED people in a great way!

I'm to the Point Where I Don't Really Care what e-Cigarette Users Do. As Long as they DO SOMETHING.

Sitting around the ECF Talking about things Isn't getting Anything Done. It's Time People Started Voicing their Opinions to Policy Makers, the CDC, News Outlets, Anyone who Will Listen.

Were getting the Snot Beat Out of Us in the Media. And there are Thousands of Post here about How Terrible it is.

So If a Person is Bent and Has the Time to Post on the ECF, why Don't they Have the Time to Write an e-Mail to the News Outlet Publishing these Skewed and Biased Articles?

Running a TV Ad is Going to Reach More People than Every Slanted News Article ever written Combined. Are we just Going to Sit Back and Wait for It to Happen?

And then have a Thread about How Terrible that TV Ad was I saw Last Night?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

tombaker

Moved On
Oct 21, 2013
The are looking for people who always smoked, and never were not smoking analogs up until they quit.
and
"were diagnosed with a serious health condition while smoking"

This is an ad being created that saying that using means to reduce smoking Analogs be all you need to do. The Cutting back, and not quitting Analogs is enough theory.

Why E-Cig users are ...... off about anti-analog smoking stuff, just because it mentions chewing tobacco or E-Cigs while a concurrent ACTUAL smoking is going on.....is beyond me.

Proceed to spaz out on anything ..... SQUIRREL SQUIRREL

"were diagnosed with a serious health condition while smoking"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread