Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
So you're using these on a standard 510 batt? They carry +_ 3ohms at V.Junction so that would produce a more mellow vape w/ that voltage, so that may explain your weaker TH. Most people found 2.5ohms to be a bit harsh on most devices. Everyone's looking for a different hit.

As for the taste being 'off', how would you describe it; burnt, acrid, etc. Even though the r4 isn't suppose to have primer some do. A thorough dry/burn is recommended to be sure before filling.

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
If you've got the time Zoey, give them a rinse out with water before doing the dry burn. There is some thoughts the atomizer wire may have a protective coating as well, and this can cause a slight 'taste' if it isn't washed before dry burning. Not everyone will pick up on that taste though.

I lay them out in the sun all day if there is a good breeze (with the plugs removed) and they are dry by nightfall.

'Turbo' is right though. Even if it doesn't look like there is any 'primer' its still good practice to go through the 'pre use cleaning' procedures.

SOmetimes the problem can be that they aren't wicking properly. Give it a shake back and forth. Take out the clear silicone ring (the one under the mouthpiece) and carefully put one little drop (from your syringe) directly on the coil before replacing the ring. Almost like dripping. When you vape it tilt the end up a tiny bit higher than your mouth.

Thick juices will not vape as well because they won't wick fast enough. Stay lean with your mix.

It takes a little getting used to. But when you get it dialed in you likely will not go back to vaping stuff with filler.

Zoey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2010
kansas
I have to say they are beginning to grow on me. I think mine did come with primer? I did clean one and now its fine. Its vaping pretty good, yes I do notice that the wicking is an issue as long as i dont vape consistently and let it rest its fine. Turning it helps. I have had a problem with filling them I am assuming its the crappy things they come with, i have yet to get a blunt needle so juice was going everywhere, i figured out putting like .5ml in let it sit and put another 5ml helped when filling otherwise it really just would come out. Im vaping a 80%pg 20% vg mix so its not thick. But i do like not having to mess with carts its less to worry about losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread