CE2 cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
THE MAIN PROBLEM PEOPLE ARE EXPERIENCING IS BECAUSE OF THE OHMS, YOU COULD HAVE A GOOD WORKING R2 R3 OR R4 BUT IF THE OHMS ARE AT 2.5 AND YOUR USING IT AT 3.3 OR 3.7 YOUR GONNA DRY THE WICK AND GET THE BAD TASTE.

so it doesnt matter if you got the real r4, if its not in the ohm range of 2.9 and above your going to get thats taste eventually unless you mod it with ptb.

(( unless you have a varaible device))

Last edited:

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
THE MAIN PROBLEM PEOPLE ARE EXPERIENCING IS BECAUSE OF THE OHMS, YOU COULD HAVE A GOOD WORKING R2 R3 OR R4 BUT IF THE OHMS ARE AT 2.5 AND YOUR USING IT AT 3.3 OR 3.7 YOUR GONNA DRY THE WICK AND GET THE BAD TASTE.

so it doesnt matter if you got the real r4, if its not in the ohm range of 2.9 and above your going to get thats taste eventually unless you mod it with ptb.

(( unless you have a varaible device))

All 2.5Ω versions work pretty good for me on a 510 or any other battery with that voltage, but you're right about 3.7 volts and above.

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
Wow, thanks for all the suggestions!

I'm going to be getting the 3.0ohm regular Kr808's.

What I have now is the R3 XL 510's at 2.5ohm. I haven't had significant problems with wicking, but I'm only using them on standard 3.2v 510 devices. And since I'm going to be kicking it up to 3.7v on my Kr8, and I don't like lower resistance at that voltage, I want a higher resistance anyway. And I can also see how the higher voltage would make wicking issues much more pronounced.

I've been using light-colored FSUSA juices in mine. Pina Colada (50/50) and Hypnotic Mist (90/10). Both of them are sort of a light pinkish-orange color with the Pina Colada being slightly darker, and both are very transparent. After 4 refills each, I'm not noticing any significant decrease in performance. If anything, I think the taste is actually improving. The "sharp" note they had at first is diminishing. I can now see myself putting something other than sweet flavors in them. Though the vapor production may be slightly less than it was at first.

I'll try cleaning them after 6 refills each. I will probably go for a hot water soak (distilled), and a short dry burn even though it kind of freaks me out... Wish me luck!

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
It helps clean old juice flavors off of the wick and helps it not to build up more gunk while dry burning.

Okay, I can see that. For myself I don't use any extreme juice flavors that I couldn't get rid of using the cleaning method I use. I guess if I used some atomic cinnacide or something I might be moved to do something more to get rid of the old flavor.

warbdan

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
Somerset, Kentucky, United States
Someone is just going to have to invent a carto with a removable tube. What I mean is, one where the tube can be unscrewed from the atty/battery connector. Then cleaning with a bristled brush would be a snap. I'll tell you why it won't happen though.... carto sales would drop too much. Use one till it's nasty, throw it away and twist on another. Vape yourself silly. Repeat.

Krickster

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2009
texas
www.thecommerceguild.com
If they have filler like this on 510 xl r4 its not going to dry that easy.

That's what bothered me in another thread. The R4's are NOT supposed to have ANY filler material. It appears that some mfr screwed up and sent some vendors the R4's WITH filler material.

One of the advertised benefits of the R4's are NO FILLER MATERIAL.

So, If you got ones with Filler, then I would bring that up to your vendor. Mine refunded my money and I order from COV the New R4 XL's (with NO filler)

Ken

Krickster

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2009
texas
www.thecommerceguild.com
Someone is just going to have to invent a carto with a removable tube.

Better yet, a design with a replaceable coiled wick. Contact grooves can be on the cup that connect to the stem and casing. You order 50 pack of coil wicks and simply unsnap old one and snap in the new one into the contacts of the cup.

Try this design on for size for the E2 Cartos:

CoiledWick Replacement Design

Last edited:

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
Someone is just going to have to invent a carto with a removable tube. What I mean is, one where the tube can be unscrewed from the atty/battery connector. Then cleaning with a bristled brush would be a snap. I'll tell you why it won't happen though.... carto sales would drop too much. Use one till it's nasty, throw it away and twist on another. Vape yourself silly. Repeat.

I have been saying that for a while now, we need a transparent plastic carto available too, and at least the top half needs to be able to be unscrewed

2h5mtk0.jpg

Will carto sales really drop?
Or is it more like cartos would improve?
To me it's like fearing that moped sales will drop if they invent motorcycles, so I'm going to guess first of all that the cost of making rebuildable cartos will be more.

Right now the e2r4 is about a dollar a piece, and many people would be more than willing to pay 3 to 5 dollars a piece for the rebuildable ones.. I hope no one thinks these new ones won't sell for that much, because I and a lot of people were buying the nasty ineffecient old school atomizers and paying as much as 7 to 10 bucks a piece sometimes!

Last edited:

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
Some have also wondered what causes the blakc gunk, and although it seems that flavoring may have a lot to do with it, I just found a thread on diacetyl, and started to wonder about different temps in ecigs.

The diacetyl thread is here:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-diacetyl-their-e-liquids-10.html#post2022209

Also, according to wiki it has a boiling point of 190.4 degrees F, and some temperatures have been tried to be measured, but I haven't heard of the e2 coil yet. Would an infrared thermometer be able to measure it? Has anyone done that yet?

Knowing a lot of details about the black gunk on the coil could help make liquids, coils, and ecigs that can be gunk resistant I would hope.

(Diacetyl is not good for people, by the way, a multi-million lawsuit was awarded in Illinois iirc, dunno all the details, but click on the links I provided for further info if interested about diacetyl.)

Last edited:

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
...Diacetyl, in the amounts found in some juices, has NEVER been found to cause harm to people.

Cases of people being harmed by diacetyl were at concentrations at least many thousands of times higher than that found in some e-juices.

The lowest amount known to cause harm is 20ppm, at a constant, every-breath rate for at least several years on end. The highest amount that could realistically ever be in any juice is .225ppm after vaping 5ml.

So, let's please not start another completely unsubstantiated freak-out over this. If you want to not vape diacetyl on the "off chance" anyway, fine. But there is no *realistic* reason why it's dangerous.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I posted this in another thread:

I've been playing with something cleaning my R2's & 3's that might be worth trying for some of you. I haven't tried it with the filler ring in place yet, but I don't see why it wouldn't work that way just as well (or on the R4's for that matter).

The wick inside the coil on my E2's gets black and gunky after just a few refills. When I cleaned the last batch I put about 3-4 drops of white wine vinegar on the coil and let the cartos "pre-soak" overnight. After a quick rinse I did a dry burn. At first I couldn't tell any difference but as I continued the dry burn the mass on the coil eventually turned to white ash. I scraped the ash off the coil using one side of a pointed tweezer, and tapped it out on the desktop. I didn't need to do a second rinse, and the wick inside the coil came out nice, white and fluffy (keep in mind most of these have been cleaned already multiple times). I'm vaping one now and the flavor is much better than when I just used water to clean them, almost like new. If you have a little vinegar in the cabinet give it a try and let me know what you think.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
heres my question, the more your juice gunks up on the coil, is that a sign that your juice isnt that great, meaning its not as clean as juice should bem the more additives and sugars and flavorings the less pure a juice is , isnt it? the more it gunks up the less clean the juice is right??, i dont know im actually asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread