Ce3 smokeymizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved the CE3 at first. It worked very well even in a 180 mAh 510 battery!

No liking issues. Great vapor, TH and flavor.

But when I started to use the 3rd one, it scrambled a 650 mAh battery. As this was my everyday bat for the last 9 months, I thought it could be a "natural death". Then I plugged the same carto on another battery. After a while, one more loss.

When I was going to complain to TW, I read that they are having "a small number of reported incidents where the Smokymiser is believed to have been responsible for the shorting of a tornado battery". Such a "small" number of complains, that they are selling their remaining stock at a 50% discount.

Did it happen to anyone of you? What kind o flaw can cause this? Is it predictable?

Last edited:

gr82cu2

Sep 15, 2011
Indiana
I'm new to vaping (2 weeks) and got these. I was so excited because I thought how nice it would be to know exactly how much juice is in them and not feel like I constantly have to top them off or fear burning them up. I had no problem filling it, not even with the little rubber bung thingy and the cheap tweezers. But, I'm sad to say, it was like sucking air. Just way too airy for me. And I detected a slight plastic taste too.

Gibby!

Oct 23, 2011
ABQ, NM
I bought a box of these after a good experience with the CE2's and was ready to quit vaping period. 1st one was awesome great vapor prod and flavor (if a little messy learning to fill them), but 3 of the 5 leaked straight out the pack. Last one seems to be holding up so far. Ordered some more and will try some experimenting with why they leak because I like them so much. The cool and massive vapor production is awesome. Much easier and convenient versus the Boge's and atty's I have used.

Couple of tips I have learned, you get an extra bung plug and condom in the pack, but keep the old plugs before you toss them. You will lose more than one. The tweezers aren't the greatest but suffice. Someone else said it first, but I will repeat, fill slowly! Any drips down your needle will cause the top to fill up and leak down the center tube. IME Gurgle vape = Bad vape.

I sure would appreciate anyone with some knowledge of how these work helping in figuring out why they leak so badly out of the box, and posting back. Mine leaked even using the condom. When I pulled off the condom, it just started pouring out.

lewstherin69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2011
Marietta, GA
I sure would appreciate anyone with some knowledge of how these work helping in figuring out why they leak so badly out of the box, and posting back. Mine leaked even using the condom. When I pulled off the condom, it just started pouring out.

Honestly it sounds like you have a break in the seal around the black bung the caps it off. it creates a vacuum in the res. and prevets leaking, try shoving the bung in there tighter or checking the bottom seal around the coil for breaks, had one of min come slightly pulled out of tube and just shoved it back all the way in and fixed leak.

Gibby!

Oct 23, 2011
ABQ, NM
Honestly it sounds like you have a break in the seal around the black bung the caps it off. it creates a vacuum in the res. and prevets leaking, try shoving the bung in there tighter or checking the bottom seal around the coil for breaks, had one of min come slightly pulled out of tube and just shoved it back all the way in and fixed leak.

I don't know about that. I thought so too at first, but this latest batch seems to be doing much better out of the box. I did notice that if I push the tube down a little it usually stops any leaking. If I shove that bung down any more its going to fall inside lol (just kidding).

The 2.4's on a KGO always seem to taste burnt after the first few puffs. So I am sticking with the 2.8's for now.

SirPluto

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO
I have had the WORST luck with these things lately. I had bought a pack of them previously and they worked great. The were a little finicky on the filling, but it was worth it for the vapor production. So I ordered 4 packs of them. Every single one of the cartos I have tried so far has had horrible leaking problems. I've probably used 5 or 6 at this point. When I first fill the carto up it vapes like a champ. No leaking, great vapor production. Then when the carto gets about 1/3 full its like someone flips a switch and it starts leaking like crazy out of the bottom. I have it tightly screwed onto my pv yet it continues to leak. It doesn't leak a ton, but enough to cause a mini mess. Doesn't matter what I do either. I'm am at a complete loss on what to do.

I'd stay away from these until these leaking issues get solved. Yikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread