Oct 20, 2010
cincinnati, Ohio
Got pack today. Yeah

Well what was in the box?

1 drip tip

1 metal filling needle

5 Ce3

Tweezers

Yes, the whistle tip was ditched. Which from what I heard is a good thing.

Now comes the fun part! Time to fill them and vape.

All of the Ce3 had the little black micro cig plug we have all seen on the CE2.

Just used my needle to pop it off. Now hmm whats this a plug! awww tweezer time.!
Now I thought this would be a bit hard, but to my surprise removing the plug with the tweezers was pretty easy. Filled my syringe injected that bad boy and what? It filled great, none of that air bubble issue you get on the clearomizers. Now it was time to put the plug back, that was easy too.
Popped my black micro cig plug back on and screwed it into my box mod.

Well how did it vape. Awesome! Nice vapor production, good flavor and no burnt tastes.
I have yet to get a burnt taste and so far I am loving this.

Hopefully they can maintain quality control.

This is my first day impression so only time will tell, but I am praying they all work this good.

Zombitedesade

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2011
Plymouth, uk
Report back how you find them after a few days, especially if you take them out and about with you, that's where they showed their biggest failings for me. (leaking) They won't (or at least shouldn't) crack as the plastics are far, far stronger and seem more silicone based then the Ce2's.

It's a personal thing, but I didn't like the cold vapour and on testing, I found the vapour production wasn't as good as a standard CE2 XL with the same juice and I don't think flavour was on par either.

Glad your liking them though, it's still real early days with these, whilst I think they are better then the G4 (which they are very similar too) I don't think they are quite there yet personally.

cryptkeeper197

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
cincinnati, Ohio
I have refilled this one 3 times. So far no drop in performance. I have noticed a little liquid collecting under the rubber cap.
I took it out with me to the bar last night. So far no leaks.
I actually prefer a cooler vapor so I prefer them to the ce2.

I also let my grandfather use one of my Ce3 and he has had no issue yet.

Stay Tuned....

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The biggest advantage of the ce2 clearomizer IMHO was that it was so easy to take apart and clean. The coil was easy enough to get at that you could actually remove carbon directly with a pick. This made them last a really long time. i could commonly get 40-50 fills out of one.

Can the ce3 also be disassembled?

Trioxin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2009
Peoria, IL
I have one shorting out on me, so I just took it apart. Its basically a bridge-less atomizer with a tube stuck on it, so yes, they can be easily cleaned and easily re-assembled. After 3 fills a day for five days though, the coil still looked new. I was hoping that I'd be able to use the tube on a ce2, but it seems the internals of the tube itself are not removable.

TH goes to the ce2 with enlarged wicking holes, but the ce3s aren't all that bad. My observation is only based off the five days the one ce3 lasted. I'll crack open another in a day or so and see how it goes.

Last edited:

ma811

Feb 13, 2011
Northeast US
I have one shorting out on me, so I just took it apart. Its basically a bridge-less atomizer with a tube stuck on it, so yes, they can be easily cleaned and easily re-assembled. After 3 fills a day for five days though, the coil still looked new. I was hoping that I'd be able to use the tube on a ce2, but it seems the internals of the tube itself are not removable.

TH goes to the ce2 with enlarged wicking holes, but the ce3s aren't all that bad. My observation is only based off the five days the one ce3 lasted. I'll crack open another in a day or so and see how it goes.

I just got my Smokeymizers and I love em so far, but how did you get them back together easily? I can't get the effin wick back through the effin hole! Any help MUCH appreciated!

Mary Ellen

dawghouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Wish I could share the positive thoughts. I got a 5 pack from Totally Wicked, 3 of the 5 leaked immediately...right through the center hole at the battery. Nothing like watching 1ml plus drip right out of the cartomizer. Lemons? Perhaps, but the battery that got killed...hmmm. Not happy. I reported it to Totally Wicked. We'll see what they say. I did take one apart to see if I could figure out what the issue is and it isn't fun to get the wick back through the little hole, but it can be done with patience. I never could determine what was causing the leaking but I suspect where fluid was leaking around the breather tube at the atomizer.

MichaelOz

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2010
Czech Republic
Just ordered these smokymisers.

Firstly I tried the CE2v4's and I still have 1/2 a pack of them left - to be honest they were rubbish. I was skeptical to even try the E3's.

BUT... and I'm saying this after just cracking one open, filling it and been vaping it for 30 minutes.

It is an absolute pleasure to vape. Zero burnt taste. Right off the bat an excellent TH. No leaking, and looks really cool too.
If these things can keep this up, I'll be switching from atomizers and stop dripping altogether. Been vaping now for a while, since the days of the high ping mod hitting the scene. So far I think these are the best thing to hit the vaping scene. I'm absolutely loving this. Let's see how it goes after using up the pack and refilling, etc. But right off the bat, haven't had a better vape.

Worth noting, I'm using my Provari at 4.2 volts. It gives a healthy crackling sound. Also you should know the CE2v4 thread didn't fit the provari. These E3's fit perfectly.

Overall 10/10 - if I could rate it 100/10 so far I would. I can't stress enough how happy I am with this product.

sixstring

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2008
SW Ga. USA
www.kdpconline.com
Wish I could share the positive thoughts. I got a 5 pack from Totally Wicked, 3 of the 5 leaked immediately...right through the center hole at the battery.

Got my 5 pack from TW today. First fill attempt went as follows:

1.Remove end cap - not that big of a deal

2.remove "bung" plug with included tweezers - easy

3.Inject fluid S L O W L Y as instructed - notice hands and battery now covered in fluid and tube half filled :(

4.Wipe up mess, wash hands, dry all components.

5.Screw CE3 back on battery - a little tighter than I'd like to make it not wobble.

6.Attempt to re-insert plug back into filling hole - curse tweezers seemingly made of tin foil - get hemostats and complete the job with reading glasses.

7.Vape away, slightly ...... about wasted juice and ensuing mess.

On a positive note, vapor production is good, TH is good, flavor is better than a used atty and much less plastic tasting than the previous generation. If my next one leaks this badly, I'll return to attys with a drip tip.

dawghouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apparently the only way to keep them from dumping all the fluid out through the bottom hole is to plug it while the top filler plug is out. Would've been nice had there been some instructions with that said as much from the vendor. Someone earlier had recommended putting the atty end in a ecig condom...had I read that before dumping fluid all over the table with 3 different CE3's my life would've been a lot better. You live and learn. On a positive note, after .....ing at Totally Wicked they gave me a credit - but of course never asked or suggested plugging the bottom during filling. Guess they don't know how their own products work.

richetts

Feb 27, 2011
Perrysburg, Ohio
I have the same problem with filling.. I think it's easier to fill the CE2 and with a lot less mess. I have not found anything to plug the hole efficiently to prevent the mess. To me, that is one more step to make these inconvenient.

On a positive note. Once filled and mess cleaned up.. They are a dream to vape even on my EGO batts at 3.7v. I did have some XL cones that do fit over them. Standard EGO cone does not fit over this cart.

Quitter

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2009
Cleveland, OH
Wish I woulda read this thread before I filled mine! I got a 5 pack today, watched the TW site video (you knw, the one that doesn't show putting the condom on for the fill) and watched 1.8 ml of juice flow out the battery end onto my desk. Was so excited to try it.

Then I turned to ECF to find out the REAL way to do this. Shame on you TW!!!

JimmyJ

Jan 9, 2010
South GA
Out of the 25 I have used so far 3 have had the leak right through issue. 18 have had very little, like 1-2 drops, leak during filling, and the other 4 had no leaking. The ones that did not leak had slow wicking. If 1-2 drops leaks before I get the plug in I know they are going to taste and vape great.

I have my plug and tweezers ready to insert, the trick is to grab the plug at an angle. Then when inserting do not try to push all the way in but get it started quickly then push down from the top with tweezers.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread