Status
Not open for further replies.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
I just got it back today. and it's like night and day. I still don't know exactly what the issue was but they rebuilt the whole thing: Cart, Switch, and ribbon cable the runs up the inside. It's making some awesome clouds of tasty vapor.

Awesome, that's what I wanted to hear. Now all I need is the atomizer with the reservoir. They tell me it's in the works and should be available soon.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Awesome, that's what I wanted to hear. Now all I need is the atomizer with the reservoir. They tell me it's in the works and should be available soon.

Although I've seen the design blueprint TET sent me for the Cera atomizer with an integral reservoir, I've come to the conclusion that it's not going to be available soon. I was hoping to report on how it performs but that's not going to happen in the near future. With that in mind I have returned the prototype atomizer that came with my device to TET to have it updated to the current production model they now sell with the e-liquid model Cera. Once I receive it I'll give a report on how it works and go from there.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona

The Cera Liquid Vaporizer is the ideal unit to use with your preferred vegetable glycerol, or propylene glycol fluids. The core is completely insulated and covered with porous medical grade Ceramic cylinders to filter your choice liquids. Featuring a redesigned single coil vertically positioned core. This vaporizer has superior heat tolerance and virtually indestructible components. *CURRENTLY UNDER REVISION* (Approximately 4 weeks ETA)
Hope they get it right this time:oops:

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
The Cera Liquid Vaporizer is the ideal unit to use with your preferred vegetable glycerol, or propylene glycol fluids. The core is completely insulated and covered with porous medical grade Ceramic cylinders to filter your choice liquids. Featuring a redesigned single coil vertically positioned core. This vaporizer has superior heat tolerance and virtually indestructible components. *CURRENTLY UNDER REVISION* (Approximately 4 weeks ETA)
Hope they get it right this time:oops:

I did get my Cera atomizer back and it now produces the same amount of vapor as an AVA LR with a comparable battery. However, TET tells me the new Cera atomizer/reservoir combo will produce more vapor, we’ll see. They also say the reservoir ceramic is press fit into the housing, not loose like the Alpha Ultra design, so it is much less prone to damage from impact. It is also a more durable ceramic. Even if it develops cracks, there is nowhere for it to go. Most likely if it does get damaged there will also be damage to the atomizer. As far as 4 weeks out, 4 weeks from when?

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Now a good question? Mabey 4 weeks from labor day 2013.....

I think they put an expected date (like 4 weeks) to let people know that it's past the design stage and scheduled for production. I don't think they really have much control over the production time frame. I also think they are still putting their emphasis on manufacturing parts for models that are selling well.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
I think they put an expected date (like 4 weeks) to let people know that it's past the design stage and scheduled for production. I don't think they really have much control over the production time frame. I also think they are still putting their emphasis on manufacturing parts for models that are selling well.

I agree with you, Thermovape has put all their emphasis into the Loose Leaf/ Essential Oil Cera...With all the high end rba's along with the HH357's, what they really need to do is offer a top cap that will accept 510 threads-then the Cera E-cig would be in business!
An E-cig gets vaped constantly through out the day vs a Loose Leaf vaporizer....
There is no coil that can last for months on end without loosing its flavor/vapor production....Thermovape stop trying to over think it......

Last edited:

vaptamist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
FL
I don't see the point in adding a 510 cap to the cera body. I don't see wanting to put atomizers on top of the cera other than what's designed for it. The atomizer itself on the other hand would be great to have a 510 adapter for use with your PV of choice.

The Cera body is just a battery holder, albeit one made out of a unique material. It's useful to have it made out of this material for non e-cig use. What makes the Cera unique is the e-liquid core, and if they can get the specs on that right, especially with a tank/reservoir system then they will have a unique, feature rich e-cig product.

Last edited:

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
The “unique” feature the Apex Vapor Alpha devices offered was the RES. Without the RES they were just another mod device. Sure the design of the switch with the movable battery sleeve was different (and arguably not a great design), but it still basically did the same function as similar mods. The RES however, when it worked the way it was supposed to, was unique and convenient.

So taking that RES concept to the next level, it only makes sense to build one for the Cera. While the ceramic design of the Cera body is already unique, it doesn’t really have any advantages for an e-cig user. The RES would be an advantage for the e-liquid model, and since the Cera is already a monster (big & heavy), the extra weight would be insignificant.

While it is possible to make a 510 interface for the Cera, there are pros and cons to manufacturing it. TET will have to wait and see how well the new Cera atomizer/reservoir works and more important, how it sells. The ability to put anything with 510 threads on a Cera may not be worth the expense of manufacturing the interface.

I think TET should stick with the proprietary Cera atomizer/reservoir for now. The design of the Cera mouthpiece has a nice feature for e-liquid. The indirect airflow works great to prevent e-liquid from getting in my mouth.

The Apex Vapor Atomizer (AVA) did the same thing that other atomizers do but its design and construction were unique. Since the Alpha devices had 510 threads, it had to have 510 threads. Apex Vapor also knew there was a market for the AVA separate from the Alpha devices. I think TET should build their version of the AVA with 510 threads (since they own the patents) and sell it separate from the Cera. Then e-cig users could once again have the AVA technology and InnoVapor could go back to selling them separate. We still get emails and phone calls from people wanting to buy them.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
The “unique” feature the Apex Vapor Alpha devices offered was the RES.
I think TET should stick with the proprietary Cera atomizer/reservoir for now. The design of the Cera mouthpiece has a nice feature for e-liquid. The indirect airflow works great to prevent e-liquid from getting in my mouth.

Thanks SloRyd......I see your point in keeping it unique...

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
I don't see the point in adding a 510 cap to the cera body. I don't see wanting to put atomizers on top of the cera other than what's designed for it. The atomizer itself on the other hand would be great to have a 510 adapter for use with your PV of choice.

TET is going to make an atomizer with 510 threads. It will basically be the same components as the Cera atomizer which is basically what Apex Vapor called an AVA.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Cool, I still have an AVA, but it's an SR, which limits what I can use it on. Looking forward to getting another LR.

They haven't told me what resistance they are going to make them but I'm guessing they will make the same LR, SR, and HR that Apex Vapor made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread