Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
Do you use this stuff like silaca wrap on the outside or do you put mesh on the inside then wrap? :confused:

Unless I'm mistaken, you use it like Silica... but it has the non-burny (highly technical term, i know) properties of ss mesh.

Silica:
Pro- Flexible, non-conductive, cheep,
Con - burns, not durable

SS Mesh:
Pro - Heat resistant, durable, cheep
Con - not as flexible, conductive

Nextel:
Pro - Felxible, Heat Resistant, non conductive, durable
Con - EXPENSIVE / requires difficult heat treating before use

Last edited:

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
McMaster-Carr ,you can get it here and at https://www.minsealorder.com/Default.aspx?logout=true .Both places have them in stock.And yes it does not get that burnt silica taste like regular silica wick does.The taste is 100% better(my opinion) been using the ceramic rope in my RBA's for the past month and a half and love using this wick.It works extremely well with ribbon wire and wrapping dual coils.I have not been able to get a wick made up with this to use in my smok RDA yet because the ceramic is thick(even after unravelling)and i can't get the cap back on.This is still a work in progress for me to get a wick for this particular RDA.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Unless I'm mistaken, you use it like Silica... but it has the non-burny (highly technical term, i know) properties of ss mesh.

Silica:
Pro- Flexible, non-conductive, cheep,
Con - burns, not durable
I have no idea where you get your silica, but I've never had it burn. I usually light it on fire to clean it, comes out white and like new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread