Chain vapers look here please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichelleDen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Denmark
So I wanna get to the bottom of my batt issue, if it is an issue, and have you state how long your 65's go if you chainvape them, cus Im not even getting an hour anymore.

What I do: take 5-10 drags and set it down, but only for 5-10 minutes, then I'm at it again. Sometimes maybe 10-15 drags before it sits...

My drags last: 3-4 sec
How long batt lasts: under an hour now.

Would you guys make a list like that with yours, I'd be much obliged. Thanks:)

Last edited:

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
On weekend nights, when I may consume several adult beverages, I chain vape.

I might not put it down for a few hours at a time. Playing cards, talking, watching movies...I'm dragging on it nearly constantly. It's the only thing that keeps me from lighting an analog.

Even vaping them like that, I'm getting a minimum of 2-1/2 hours out of a charge. Maybe two hours if I'm really pushing it.

So, I'll give you my worst-case-scenario for killing a battery when I'm drinking:

What I do: Chain vape constantly.

My drags last: 3-5+ seconds, depending on cutoff (one of my batteries has a 7-second cutoff, and I've been known to hit it).

My batteries last: Minimum two hours.

As a side note, none of my batteries is older than 30 days.

Last edited:

Kembial

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2011
United States
If I can cut in, here, I just put 2 and 2 together.

Perhaps the same issue that is causing/allowing your cartos to get hot, is the same issue that draining your batt so quickly?
While I know basically nothing in regards to electronics, my guess would be some "regulator" is busted and the batt is putting out more power than normal.

MichelleDen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Denmark
If I can cut in, here, I just put 2 and 2 together.

Perhaps the same issue that is causing/allowing your cartos to get hot, is the same issue that draining your batt so quickly?
While I know basically nothing in regards to electronics, my guess would be some "regulator" is busted and the batt is putting out more power than normal.

Frick your using the wrong colour.. haha no just kidding, thanks..

Dont think its that, or i dunno, but have used cooler carts on them, and they still only go an hour...

Griffin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Taking a quick look at the math, a 65mm BMF battery at 3.7v with a BMF carto at 3 Ohms should put out about 4.5 watts so, with 220 mAH rating on the battery, that's about 10.7 minutes of total "on" time. Assuming a 4 second draw and about 1 drag per minute (as per OP), that works out to about 2 1/2 hours of vaping.

Those numbers are all ideals though and it would never work out that perfectly.

My understanding is that the BMF batteries maintain a constant voltage from fully charged until the battery is drained so that shouldn't be a factor. Things that are likely to affect the actual "up" time of the battery would include the actual capacity of the battery (I believe batteries tend to hold less charge as they get older), the exact resistance of the carto (it varies from one to another, and even the same carto will change as it is used more), and your perceptions of how much you're actually vaping.

If we change these numbers a little it can make a big difference; let's say your battery is now only good for 180 mAH, your carto's resistance is actually 2.7 Ohms and you're actually taking 5 second draws about 80 times per hour. That comes out to just over an hour of vaping, on paper.

Disclaimer: bad at math, not an electrician :)

On mine, though, 4-5 second draws about twice a minute and I get about 45-60 minutes out of a brand new 65mm battery. (And 72 minutes is predicted by my bad math/observations.)

MichelleDen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Denmark
voltage drops quickly on these.. Actually i love how they go until dead without really having breaks, but i do feel they have less umpf than my reg autos...Thats also why the cartos go burnt tasting on the reg and not the 65's

My riva lasts me so long that i havent ever kept en eye onit... to be fair i use it inbetween when all else is out of power.. but when i got it and used it much, I was over 4 hours, but it has 750mAh so....Thats why i wish for a short fatter autobatt...

Nice colours Frick : ) So I have one yey and one ney.......hm

Dark.Angel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm a new vaper, about 2 months now. I purchased an eGo because battery matters. Well my Ego is a NOGO!!! 3-4 hours on a 650 mAh. Granted I can suck a golf ball through a garden hose, I EXPECTED much more, so where do I go from here? What can rectify this issue. All I wanted was a unit that can handle the way I vape?

nycsublimegirl

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
NYC
need an all day vape without changing batteries....as a chain vapor to the degree you stated...you would need a mod...check out altsmoke...ask for rob he is a friend of mine and has several mods to choose from...the trade off here is its not really analog like... big big battery no led...have to hold with your whole hand...and you have to drip juice alot....

If you don't mind changing/charging batts... and or want an analog experience.... I think others here would agree the Bloog MF ...is as good as it gets..lots of vapor and throat hit
I'm a new vaper, about 2 months now. I purchased an eGo because battery matters. Well my Ego is a NOGO!!! 3-4 hours on a 650 mAh. Granted I can suck a golf ball through a garden hose, I EXPECTED much more, so where do I go from here? What can rectify this issue. All I wanted was a unit that can handle the way I vape?

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
Thanks Frick! I'll do some hunting to see if I can track that down.

No need. Look at this post.

From Leaford:

It turns out, and I was totally surprised by this as they had not told me before, that their integrated IC/switch also includes a voltage regulator which limits the voltage to 3.6v output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread