Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Personally I'm a mtl , 2 pulls then 5 minutes later another 2 pulls, then perhaps 15 minutes later another 2 pulls....anyways I have always thought chain smoking was 2 to 3 cigs in a row without stopping, then perhaps 10 or 15 minutes later another 2 or 3 cigs in a row and continuing that the rest of the day. So is chain vaping basically the same? From the very first time I heard the term chain vaping, I imagined it the same as chain smoking , but maybe I'm wrong...It use to take me about 15 drags to finish a cig, so is chain vaping like taking 30 to 45 puffs in a row, then a 10 or 15 minute break, then repeating that through out the day? I always thought chain anything was bad so whenever I heard people say they chain vape, I thought that's crazy to vape that much, but maybe it's not like I imagined.....how do you chain vape?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
When I first switched, I was using 48-55mg in a 10w pod device. I went through 10mL a day. Always had it in my hand, and any craving resulted in a puff. Got a nord, dropped down to 35mg, and was going through 8mL or so a day. Once I got a mod, I dropped to 6mg, then 3, but upped my intake to 30mL a day. I no longer have the vape constantly in hand, but it's always in reach. For extreme cravings, I grab the Rx2, which is set to 160w, and 2mg juice.

I also know people that ALWAYS had a lit cigarette in hand. ALWAYS.

Last edited:

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
I'd say I chain vape. If I'm not physically doing something, my mod is my hand the whole time. It's been a lot more often since switching to 3mg DTL but my math says I'm taking in less nic than when I was MTL at 24mg, so there's that.
I don't constantly hit it, but every coupl'a minutes there's a cloud.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
It's taking one puff after another, often without achieving satisfaction.

Last night I was distracted, playing a computer game that requires a lot of concentration and clicking with my mouse hand. My free hand clutched my mod and I vaped unconsciously. Then I noticed the tank was uncomfortably warm and I had been chain vaping for an hour.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
Normally I vape like you do, a few draws and rest for a while. Chain vaping, to me, is what I do during a stressful situations. Mainly happens when watching football/hockey/baseball games lately (life's been pretty good lately). It's when I sit there and vape like a madman until commercial break. Not vaping for the nic but vaping for the compulsion of vaping. Probably why I used to bite my nails when I was young, a nervous habit.

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
If your coils look like the pic on the left, you might be a light chain vaper ... if your wire spool looks like the pic on the right, you are a heavy chain vaper:
chain-vaping.jpg

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
If your coils look like the pic on the left, you might be a light chain vaper ... if your wire spool looks like the pic on the right, you are a heavy chain vaper:
View attachment 829857
That's definitely a chain vaper...I like that one

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I'd say I chain vape. If I'm not physically doing something, my mod is my hand the whole time. It's been a lot more often since switching to 3mg DTL but my math says I'm taking in less nic than when I was MTL at 24mg, so there's that.
I don't constantly hit it, but every coupl'a minutes there's a cloud.
I do have to say that there's a potential for me to vape more. If I didnt work and was home all day, or had a desk job where I could vape, I think my consumption would be higher. I guess because I'm out of the house from 7 to 7 and really cant vape alot during the day, it keeps my consumption down. I probably vape 1 ml of juice between 7 & 7, but then vape 2 to 3ml in the next 3 hrs....

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
Chain smoking describes smoking one cigarette after another without a break.
Chain vaping describes vaping frequently, puff after puff, generally causing heat to build up without enough time for coils to cool.
Hotboxing a cigarette is when you rapidly take puff after puff in quick succession. When I hotboxed, I would take a heavy drag into mouth, inhale, exhale through nose at the same time I was drawing another heavy drag into mouth. That's more like chain vaping than chain smoking.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
To me chain vaping is taking drags every couple of breaths. Say 1 outta 3 breaths per minute for a whole minute. Hot vaping (like hot boxing a cigarette) would be like 3 or 4 drags in a row without breathing in between. By drag 6 your lip says "enough of that nonsense" from a non temp controled device.

My normal MTL is about 2 drags, maybe 3 in about 5-6 breaths, then wait a minute or so and repeat if need be. If not needed to repeat some 15-45 minutes passes before I repeat. Usually those 2 drags gives enough nic to satisfy.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I think maybe I'm doing too much vaping ~ sometimes it's almost constant in order to simply avoid the thought of lighting up a cig ~ but it's probably still better than smoking 3/4 pack per day.
Yes, vape and vape, better then smoking...

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
To me chain vaping is taking drags every couple of breaths. Say 1 outta 3 breaths per minute for a whole minute. Hot vaping (like hot boxing a cigarette) would be like 3 or 4 drags in a row without breathing in between. By drag 6 your lip says "enough of that nonsense" from a non temp controled device.

My normal MTL is about 2 drags, maybe 3 in about 5-6 breaths, then wait a minute or so and repeat if need be. If not needed to repeat some 15-45 minutes passes before I repeat. Usually those 2 drags gives enough nic to satisfy.
One out of 3 breaths? I think that would be about 8 thousand breaths a day, no one vapes that much.........I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread