Status
Not open for further replies.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
There's no definitive answer for either of your questions, sorry! "Chain vaping" is hitting the vape regularly, more than the average every five to ten min. time frame.
As for how many puffs equal a cig, there's another thread just on this topic right now, and again, know one really knows! How much nic do you get from a regular cig? No one knows! There are too many variables! How do you smoke it, how do you inhale it, how long do you smoke it? All of this applies to vaping as well, too many variables to even try to give a good answer.

Babu888

May 31, 2016
There's no definitive answer for either of your questions, sorry! "Chain vaping" is hitting the vape regularly, more than the average every five to ten min. time frame.
As for how many puffs equal a cig, there's another thread just on this topic right now, and again, know one really knows! How much nic do you get from a regular cig? No one knows! There are too many variables! How do you smoke it, how do you inhale it, how long do you smoke it? All of this applies to vaping as well, too many variables to even try to give a good answer.
Thanks, is it dangerous to do chain vape?

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Thanks, is it dangerous to do chain vape?

No, your body will tell you when to stop. You will get an upset stomach and maybe light headed. IF you continue past that you will throw up.
The only way to OD on nic is to either absorb it through your skin or inject it into your blood stream, those both can kill you. Otherwise your body has a defense mechanism that kicks in to prevent that.

Babu888

May 31, 2016
Since you were a smoker then you know what chain smoking is. Consider it the same as chain vaping when you are continuously vaping non-stop all the time. Remember the average time it took to smoke a killer stick is 5 to 7 minutes depending on the smoker.
Can u pls tell if chain vaping is dangerous

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Can u pls tell if chain vaping is dangerous

If you are using a mech mod and your battery is getting very hot, you may want to take a break and check the battery voltage.
    If you are vaping too much, you'll start to get nic sick...take a break.
    I've found after a couple years vaping, I don't chain vape as much.
    Can go hours without thinking about vaping.

SteveS45

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    As Sawlight posted you will know when you get too much nicotine but what do you mean is it dangerous? There can be certain dangers like if you were to overheat your MOD and it is not regulated or has thermal protection. If you get the tank too hot you could burn your lips. To really answer that question you need to consult a professional, a Scientist or Doctor. I do not know you Medical History and I am not qualified to tell you what could be a danger to you. Good Luck

I chain vape many days although I am at 3MG or lower nicotine so not getting Nic Sick here.

Last edited:

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 18, 2013
    Chicago
    • Deleted by retired1
    • Reason: Knock it off

dhood

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 30, 2014
    Georgia
    When I was first getting off cigs, I was vaping 18mg Frozen Tundra by E-Liq Cube. I was using a VV pen battery with a CE4 tank and that drip tip was pretty much glued to my lips. So yeah, I was chain vaping then. Now I still do mouth to lung but my equipment has matured. I still vape a lot (in my opinion) but not nearly as much as I did then. I will sometimes take 5-10 draws on my PV over the course of a minute but I'll eventually put it down and it will sit for maybe half an hour before I pick it up again. Sometimes, while watching TV, I'll take a hit every 10-15 seconds or so for about 10 minutes. That, to me, is chain vaping now. I generally vape around 12-15 ml of 12mg liquid a day and I don't feel sick so I don't feel as if it is dangerous. I seem to be VG sensitive (in large doses) so I don't sub-ohm anymore. Doing direct lung with high VG tends to tear up the back of my sinus cavity after about 5 hours and guarantees I'll be sick with a head cold within days. There are no studies that define if chain vaping is dangerous. Just anecdotal evidence from vapers that have over-done it and gotten nic-sick.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 18, 2013
    Chicago
    • Deleted by retired1

SteveS45

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    • Deleted by retired1

sawlight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 2, 2009
    Kansas
    Hey thanks

I'm specifically asking if it is dangerous to health

OK, you already knew smoking was dangerous and deadly, right? But you did it anyway! I vape 8-12 ml of 36mg juice, a day, every day! I'm doing alright and I "chain vape" regularly! So, is it safer than smoking? Absolutely! Is it safer than dipping? Absolutely! If you are that concerned about it, then you need to just quit cold turkey because I assure you, vaping is safer than using the patch or gum!

Reactions: Babu888

Wheats

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2014
    Union NJ
    • Deleted by retired1

tidegirl

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 21, 2011
    Panama City, FL
    I think OP may be an ESL member therefore your jokes are lost on them and confusing.

Most of us chain vape when we start out because we are fighting to stay off the cigarettes. There is no danger in the chain vaping itself. If you start feeling sick to your stomach that is a sign of too much nicotine. Put the vape down. Maybe consider going to a lower nicotine level so you can continue to chain vape. If your battery and/or tank are hot give them a rest and let them cool off.

I chain vaped from 12 mg all the way to 0 mg nicotine. 1 year off nicotine I still chain vape occasionally but not nearly as much as I used to.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reactions: Babu888

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Hi

Im new to vaping world

Started few weeks back, really liking taste

I'm vaping contiuously as I'm really enjoying vaping

Now question is, what is chain vaping?

How many puffs of vaping is equivalent to smoking one normal cigarette

How can we say if we are chain vaping

Pls answer?

Why is it I am suspect of a NEW member making this their First post? o_O

Welcome to ECF
    1) What type of unit are you using?
    2) How much are you consuming in a Day?
    3) What nicotine level?
    4) how many Puffs Per hour?
    5) How many hours per day?

6)* How much did you smoke over how many years?

Chain Vaping Cannot be Defined - due to simple, but significant differences in individual interpretation.
    Some may enjoy several pulls in a few minutes
    Some may take a puff or two every few minutes.
    Others may only vape Casually, but have several draws at a time in closer succession.

So, as you see, there is no real answer or reasoning and no clear reason for even asking when a simple search would reveal a multitude or answers.
    Google

*in my Defense, I was editing and did not see a warning:eek:

Last edited:

Vandal

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2009
    NE Ohio
    I quit smoking 6 1/2 years ago when I took up vaping. I chain vape a lot (or what I would consider chain vaping). My health has improved greatly in those 6 1/2 years. Would I have gotten even healthier, or healthier quicker if I was not chain vaping? I have no idea. But clearly, for me anyway, chain vaping has proven to be a great deal less unhealthy than smoking was.

edited to add: I have to agree with crxess that the term "chain vaping" might be open to interpretation.

Last edited:
    Reactions: bnrkwest
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread