Status
Not open for further replies.

Algernon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2010
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
www.flickr.com
You probably are vaping more then you smoked, this is partly because the nicotine delivery on vaping is alot slower, and takes longer to absorb into your system... Vape your face off, it's better then the 4000 chemicals in analog smoke ...

I beg to differ. When I get up in the morning I walk over to my Lavatube, crank it on high and take a big drag.

I feel it chill from the top of my head, to my arms, to my back, to my legs. It absorbs just as quick. It probably isn't as much nicotine at one time but it sill absorbs in me rather fast.

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
I've decided it's time to get a good water filter for my kitchen faucet so I can make sure I drink more water. I talk a lot at work, so I'm always drinking some kind of liquid. Water the most, but still some sodas for the caffeine on longer days. But I did make the switch there to Coke Zero, so at least no sugar. Being of southern descent, I also go for iced tea. I have a Mr. Coffee tea maker and it's great. Tea is good for you, so there's that benefit as well. On a long day of work I'll easily go through 2 quarts. I must say, this particular maker was well built. I've had it since 1995. Had to replace the pitcher once when I accidentally froze it and it cracked when the tea expanded (Was trying to rapid cool when I was out of ice).

But yeah water ... I personally have no problems drinking lots of it as long as it doesn't have bad flavors ... my apt isn't super bad, but could be better, thus the investment in a filtration system.

h4ilthethief

Verified Member
May 11, 2012
South Florida
I've decided it's time to get a good water filter for my kitchen faucet so I can make sure I drink more water. I talk a lot at work, so I'm always drinking some kind of liquid. Water the most, but still some sodas for the caffeine on longer days. But I did make the switch there to Coke Zero, so at least no sugar. Being of southern descent, I also go for iced tea. I have a Mr. Coffee tea maker and it's great. Tea is good for you, so there's that benefit as well. On a long day of work I'll easily go through 2 quarts. I must say, this particular maker was well built. I've had it since 1995. Had to replace the pitcher once when I accidentally froze it and it cracked when the tea expanded (Was trying to rapid cool when I was out of ice).

But yeah water ... I personally have no problems drinking lots of it as long as it doesn't have bad flavors ... my apt isn't super bad, but could be better, thus the investment in a filtration system.

say hawkeye how's that tea maker work? does it make the tea cold from the get-go? i love me some tea i just hate waiting on it to cool off

I have the Mr. Coffee tea maker as well and I ust say its friggin awesome. I grew up in Ocala, but moved to South Florida and the two things that never changed over the years was BBQ and sweet tea!!!

Its still hot coming out of the maker though, jbankston, but I highly recommend it. When I see my tea getting low, I get a big cup and pour the rest either to drink right then or for later and make the new batch so when Im out of the old batch I have the new one chilled and ready to go.

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread to talk about my tea!

I beg to differ. When I get up in the morning I walk over to my Lavatube, crank it on high and take a big drag.

I feel it chill from the top of my head, to my arms, to my back, to my legs. It absorbs just as quick. It probably isn't as much nicotine at one time but it sill absorbs in me rather fast.

Wow where are YOU getting your juice???!!!

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
To answer your question, chain vaping is in no shape or form anywhere as near as bad as smoking. If I were to chain smoke, as much as I vape, I would be coughing up my entire lungs and they would run away to Aruba to hide from me!!

Worst part I have experienced is a small allergic reaction. Once in a while, if my PV is not vaporizing the e-liquid completely due to flooding or low battery, I will get some wheezing. I have slight asthma, so I am sure that has a lot to do with it. Might be the flavorings. It's really the flavorings that no one knows if they are good for us or not. PG and VG have a ton of studies and to me they seem safe to vape. Taking the flavoring out, at least for me, would make vaping no longer fun.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Realize that vaping dehydrates the body and coffee and/ or tea above 4 cups per day further dehydrates. Also most sodas contain caffeine. I drink 1 1/2 litres water per day some of it mixed with fresh squeezed lemon to rinse the PG coating away. As for chain vaping much better than chain smoking and as others have said eventually you'll be able to tone it down naturally. Don't forget there are other analog chems your system is in withdrawal from...WTA chem withdrawal happens for the first 2-3 weeks and scientists believe they are far more potent than nicotine.
Good Luck.

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
say hawkeye how's that tea maker work? does it make the tea cold from the get-go? i love me some tea i just hate waiting on it to cool off

It brews it hot just like a coffee maker, but you have ice in the pitcher that the hot tea then goes over and as it melts it cools it to drinkable temperature. So in about 5 minutes there is drinkable iced tea. That's basically from the manual. Over the years I have changed it up some. I now use a coffee filter and 3 of the large bags of tea to give me good flavor (Heh, wonder if it'll be too much flavor now that my taste buds are in recovery :) ). I brew it without ice and add that after the fact. The only reason I do this is I find that it helps the sugar dissolve. The standard method has the sugar at the bottom and by the time the tea gets to it, it's already cooled. Walmart usually has them for around 20 bux, so try it. I also have a Keurig coffee maker and they sell brew over ice packs for it, but the amount of tea I drink in the summer time, it would not be cost effective. But I do love my kcups in the morning for a couple glasses of iced coffee to start the day right. :)

Okay, enough thread jack about tea (Tho ... we are talking about hydration as well right??? :) )

alamor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2011
idaho
I have been vaping now for over a year. I vape non-stop if i'm somewhere I can openly vape. I never drank much water when I was a smoker, now I drink almost 3 liters of water a day. It's funny I use to drink Mountain Dew all day long. I haven't had a mountain dew since I started vaping (only drink water now) So vaping has helped me quit smoking and drinking soda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread