Charger Cable compatibility vapresso

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have no idea. :unsure: Maybe you can contact Vapresso online to find out.

However, your experience is a good example of why not to purchase mods which have an internal battery, or not to charge external batteries with the micro USB.

Yeah, charging via micro USB appears to be convenient. But if you really think about it, the tiny plug only fits in the mod a specific way. You've got a 50% chance to get it right on first attempt, and if you don't the daily wear and tear of trying to mash it in the wrong way is going to eventially work against the longivity of the plug or port.

The micro USB port is an ideal way to upload firmware updates from your computer to your mod's circuit board, and maybe charge your batteries once in a while. That's maybe a few times a year at most. But using it daily to charge your batteries doesn't make much sense to me. Just because you can, doesn't always mean you should.

Last edited:

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Does anyone know if the charger cable for target mini (vapresso) is compatible with the tarot nano (vapresso) ?

They look the same. The reason I ask is because i recently ordered a tarot nano, and the charge cable doesn't work properly unless I wiggle it around, it seems to be getting worse.

If it's not charging right:

1) check the cable, either see if the cable doesn't work well with another device, or try another cable with the device.

2) if you can establish that the cable itself is fine, then the problem is with the device, get an exchange or any step to replace it. If the port on the mod is defective, it should be replaced.

I've not tested Vaperasso mods yet, but most newer mods from the brands that I've got and tested (that are decent quality) can charge just fine, but like ANY device, you have to consider that the port can break with usage.

So if the problem is the cable, you're wiggling it could end up breaking the port... so again, test the cable first.

Edit: just to mention that these cables are not special, they are standard micro-USB, just use a good quality one.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Agree with the above - if u have to wiggle to get a connection you may have a faulty port.

I use magnetic micro USB connectors now on my tablet & phone. It at least stops me from putting a plug in the wrong way and damaging the port. Plus the connector keeps the port free of dust etc. If I was using an internal battery mod - I'd go with a magnetic connector on it. Magnetic-charger-Micro-Usb-Data-Cable-for-iPhone-6-6s-Plus-7-Charging-Cable-Android_grande.jpg

tara81

ECF Veteran
    Mar 13, 2014
    canada
    I have no idea. :unsure: Maybe you can contact Vapresso online to find out.

However, your experience is a good example of why not to purchase mods which have an internal battery, or not to charge external batteries with the micro USB.

Yeah, charging via micro USB appears to be convenient. But if you really think about it, the tiny plug only fits in the mod a specific way. You've got a 50% chance to get it right on first attempt, and if you don't the daily wear and tear of trying to mash it in the wrong way is going to eventially work against the longivity of the plug or port.

The micro USB port is an ideal way to upload firmware updates from your computer to your mod's circuit board, and maybe charge your batteries once in a while. That's maybe a few times a year at most. But using it daily to charge your batteries doesn't make much sense to me. Just because you can, doesn't always mean you should.

I am too worried about battery safety to buy my own batteries, and I rather enjoy small mods. Big mods that require external batteries I feel are ugly and feel awkward.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I am too worried about battery safety to buy my own batteries, and I rather enjoy small mods. Big mods that require external batteries I feel are ugly and feel awkward.
    You should be more worried about the LiPo batteries used in internal battery mods if you're worried about battery safety. LiPo's are more likely to cause flames and explode than the "safer chemistry" hybrid lithium batteries in a battery failure.

Deeper Understanding of Mod Batteries Part 1
    • For those who want to learn the differences between IMR, IMR/hybrid, ICR, and LiPo batteries. What do those numbers and letters on batteries mean? What's an amp rating and why is it more important than the mAh rating when choosing a battery for vaping?

Below video of a LiPo internal battery mod (SMOK Stick X8) which recently exploded into flames while charging on the kitchen counter, caught on security cam.

I enjoy small mods too. Is this little beauty ugly or too big for you? It's a single external battery regulated mod. JAC Vapor series B DNA75W

upload_2018-5-25_12-56-23.jpeg
    images
    images

Last edited:

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 10, 2016
    Ottawa area, Canada
    I second what Baditude stated...

Internal is not really safer, plus the fact that once the battery does die (and if it's faulty, that could happen at any time, usually the day after the warranty runs out), you have a worthless paperweight.

There are a LOT of very compact and nice looking mods, either single or dual batteries. For example, I have a few Eleaf IKoon 220, and they are very small, comfortable and work great (but note that for proper SS Temp control, you have to update the firmware to 1.4 (older version)).

As far as charging via the USB port, most decent quality mods are just fine now with balanced charging, but like any device, you have to be gentle with the port.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
    There are some very classy, smaller external battery box mods avAILABLE NOW. @Baditude's Jac is one. The Eleaf Pico 75 is another--its body is curved and has a really comfortable feel to it.

20180525_121409.jpg

I prefer mod styles and designs that aren't garish or have color combos that look like an angry fruit salad or have designs that pair well with a snap back cap and neck beards.

I do like having USB charge capability and only have two mods without it. It's not the best on your battery and it's true that internal LiPo batteries are less safe than Li-ion cells.

The tank on the Pico in the pic is a Wotofo Conqueror Mini. It's a rebuildable that is a battery hog when used as designed. When I take it out and about I usually carry a spare battery in a case. When the first one is discharged, I just swap the fresh one in ad vape on. If the second one is discharged, then I might look for a charger hookup.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I use magnetic chargers with my USB charge mods (I don't have that many of them). They can be convenient but the less wear and tear you can get, the better. My next plan (a couple of my mods, I would be very, very sad if the USB port died, they're radiuses) is to get a charger station set up where I can charge, say, 5 mods at once. That way I can have a dedicated area, I should probably just find and order one from fasttech that's where I got my first magnetic charger, I think they are fantastic.

There are definitely disadvantages to internal battery mods, mainly safety, and shelf life, and wear and tear on the port. If they are going to be your preferred, well, I guess warrantying the one you have, I would try. It may be difficult to do, depending on the vendor, as it would be easy for them to say the "defect" came from use, but you should absolutely attempt it.

Anna

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
    Oct 22, 2014
    Jenks, OK, USA
    You should be more worried about the LiPo batteries used in internal battery mods if you're worried about battery safety. LiPo's are more likely to cause flames and explode than the "safer chemistry" IMR hybrid batteries in a battery failure.

Huh. I wasn't aware that the internal battery mods were considered less safe. I should really work on educating myself on the different battery chemistries and technology that's out there. (What kind of electrical engineer am I supposed to be?) I just sort of assumed internal batteries would be safer just because there's less room for user error.

I'm really enjoying my Goby mods, which are internal batteries. Small, charge fast, enough power for what I'm doing (which isn't a lot of power). I bought them with an awareness that once the battery was done, they were done. And I don't have to worry about the amp rating of the battery or if it's a crappy rewrap. But I guess (as in the video you posted) that doesn't guarantee safety.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Does anyone know if the charger cable for target mini (vapresso) is compatible with the tarot nano (vapresso) ?

They look the same. The reason I ask is because i recently ordered a tarot nano, and the charge cable doesn't work properly unless I wiggle it around, it seems to be getting worse.
    If you don't feel like sending it back, there is an easy fix for the cable on YouTube. Worked well for me.

Reactions: stols001

tara81

ECF Veteran
    Mar 13, 2014
    canada
    You should be more worried about the LiPo batteries used in internal battery mods if you're worried about battery safety. LiPo's are more likely to cause flames and explode than the "safer chemistry" IMR hybrid batteries in a battery failure.

Deeper Understanding of Mod Batteries Part 1
    • For those who want to learn the differences between IMR, IMR/hybrid, ICR, and LiPo batteries. What do those numbers and letters on batteries mean? What's an amp rating and why is it more important than the mAh rating when choosing a battery for vaping?

Below video of a LiPo internal battery mod (SMOK Stick X8) which recently exploded into flames while charging on the kitchen counter, caught on security cam.

I enjoy small mods too. Is this little beauty ugly to you? It's a single external battery regulated mod. JAC Vapor series B DNA75W

View attachment 744461
    images
    images

Yeah its too big, I like a smaller mod =( Like the target mini and tarot nano. Most other small mods I don't really like. I am worried about not knowing how to spot a battery that has the wrapping falling off, or accidentally putting it in my pocket without the case etc... I am very forgetful and get distracted easily. I like colorful mods , rainbow colors , pink, something girly. :(
    CAAB8708-1FF8-47F6-A89B-874C40FDC074.jpeg
    527F229D-CE04-4346-BA7B-42AC67B2E924.jpeg 66E82D9F-AD39-4AAE-BF41-D4A6B98E27AD.jpeg

Last edited:

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Yeah its too big, I like a smaller mod =( Like the target mini and tarot nano. Most other small mods I don't really like. I am worried about not knowing how to spot a battery that has the wrapping falling off, or accidentally putting it in my pocket without the case etc... I am very forgetful and get distracted easily. I like colorful mods , rainbow colors , pink, something girly. :(
    View attachment 744489 View attachment 744485 View attachment 744487
    I wouldn’t panic about internals. I’ve had more of them than I can count, and still use them. I use external too, but I agree with what you’re saying, there’s just less you have to know and to worry about with innies. They’re cheap, and when they die, they die. Still cheaper than 4 batteries ( that may or may not be legit, that are heavy and a pain to carry around, and need to be replaced and babied) and a charger plus a mod that’s twice as much and can still go paperweight on you.

All of my vaporesso innies (2 nanos and a Revenger mini) charge with the same cord, and it does sound like you have a bad port. Hopefully it’s still under warranty and they can set that right for you.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    04889F97-3B53-40ED-A9BD-94C4B700BE2E.jpeg
    View attachment 744489 View attachment 744485 View attachment 744487

Yep, love the little guys!

tara81

ECF Veteran
    Mar 13, 2014
    canada
    I just got it a couple days ago so its still under warranty, canv
    I'm pretty sure that micro USB is the vaping industry standard.
    That makes them compatible with Android device chargers as well.
    Check the cable (try a new one) before you chuck the mod or send it back to the manufacturer for warranty purposes.
    So, the charger usb cord that came with the tarot nano works fine with my target mini. But when i plug it into the tarot nano it has to be moved in a certain position to work, barely working at all. The weird thing is , my usb charger cord that i got with another mod seems to work fine for the tarot nano. So i have no idea if its the cord or the mod port.

I only got the tarot nano in the mail yesterday. I ordered it on the 17th of may, so it has warranty and i can send it to canvape, the vendor i bought it from. Canvape said they can check it and replace it within 30 days of purchase if they feel it is not user error and something is wrong etc, and deal with the warranty themselves. I am not sure which is the best route.

Last edited:
    Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread