Chef on Hell's Kitchen seen using electronic cigarette...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2011
New York, USA
Heh, I saw it last night on Hulu. Looks like a Bloog.

I would have guessed that California would have an indoor smoking ban. Maybe they have an entertainment exception for performances...

Big advantage using an e-cig over the other smoking contestants, taste-wise. It boggles my mind also that so many chefs smoke on that show.

BHam

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2011
Chicago, IL
www.vapor4life.com
Nice stuff! My buddy is a chef and he said in culinary school non-smokers were the minority. Almost everyone in that industry smokes...but he still won't try my pv. :mad:

I wasn't sure if anyone had posted about this, or even saw it...
But on the last episode (Tuesday) one of the chefs (at 50:50 into the show) was using one.

By the way, if you've ever watched that show, it is absolutely amazing how many of the chefs smoke!

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
Have you ever worked in the restaurant business? It's super stressful for fairly low pay. Customers are picky and cranky and generally miserable. Sometimes the only way to get a break is to smoke too, that doesn't help much.

I work in a truck stop, so most of what I deal with are truck drivers. The e-cig has taken away my breaks...and mostly my need for them too.

mwplefty

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
Chicago, IL
I have a friend who was in the restaurant industry and is now studying to become a gourmet chef. He smokes, and it's very difficult to find an area that allows smoking. They don't like that he returns to the kitchen smelling of burnt tobacco and tar either. I'm trying to get him to vape because he's currently paying over $10/pack of Marlboros.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
I hadn't realized that Hell's Kitchen was back on again. Luckily my DVR knew to record it.

It seems like lots of nurses smoke as well. That's also a super stressful job. I don't know if a larger percentage of nurses actually do smoke, but you'd think the percentage would be a lot lower than the general public with them being in the health field and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread