Chip/Processor in New High Watt Boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
i keep seeing these 50, 100, 150, 180W boxes drop. one after another. however, i think the more important thing to look at rather than how many watts they can do, is what type/quality of a chip are they using.

im seeing the YiHi and also SX-3300. are they the same chip? if not, which is better? are there any other chips being used that might be even better? i remember back in my Vamo days what happened. sure, it could do 15W (which was on par for devices at the time) but the 33hz chip left much to be desired. the stutter vape / rattlesnake action was... unfavorable.

i guess essentially what im asking is which reasonably priced high wattage box mod(s) out there are using the best chip?

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Evolve chips are top shelf but YiHi makes excellent chips as well and those two chip makers are my choice for any mod i would be considering. I don't trust Cloupor or other brands to spend good $$ on at this point.

Even though my iPV chip is fine something screwed up on the actual mod that prevents me from using it so just choosing on chip alone is ill advised.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Evolve chips are top shelf but YiHi makes excellent chips as well and those two chip makers are my choice for any mod i would be considering. I don't trust Cloupor or other brands to spend good $$ on at this point.

Even though my iPV chip is fine something screwed up on the actual mod that prevents me from using it so just choosing on chip alone is ill advised.

you make a great point. build construction was lower down on my priority list, but you just bumped it up. thanks for sharing that perspective. i also appreciate your opinion of the YiHi chip. i personally have zero knowledge of that particular chip so to hear it being described as excellent is great news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread