CHIT CHAT in VOLTVILLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
You are right. One of the reasons that Maltese don't shed is because they have a single coat of hair not fur.

Do dogs that don't shed get a winter coat and then a summer coat? If so, do they shed in spring and fall? I know my horse does. Then again, I think she had more than one haircoat like some dogs. In winter, she has longer, outer hairs with an undercoat of fluffier hairs. But I think both shed in the spring, and a whole new, shorter coat grows in for summer.

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
I've thought about clicking the back button, but I wasn't sure if I "liked" the post that I responded to would be "unliked"... if that makes any sense... Normally I'll keep track of the post# and page and have no problems returning to my last read post. Well catching up also has fun aspects to it.

I just used the "back button" method, and my Likes were kept.

Raynes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Alabama,USA
oh dear........I must be such a hard person to understand.......as far as the end of the world...who knows when...ok to put things straight....what put me in a tail spin.........was this what I read...............the answers to everything is within every individual,that its behaviour determines its future..engery that is received from the center of the galaxy is causing an increase in the vibration of the planet & brain waves ,altering their behaviour,their way of thinking and feelings....im sorry if im a freak.....but reading this did my head in.......so I just think as a human race talking about these end time events..creates some weird engery..for its future....anyway I never meant to upset anyone....I think to deep about things...and was hoping someone was on the same page....forgive me.......lets hope we all find what where looking for..........

Debra,I'm not sure what you are reading or if I understand what you are trying to say,but let me take a gander at it. What you are saying is that all the talk of end of time prophecies could possibly create an energy source that causes a united self fulfilling doomesday prophecy? Is that correct?.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I've thought about clicking the back button, but I wasn't sure if I "liked" the post that I responded to would be "unliked"... if that makes any sense... Normally I'll keep track of the post# and page and have no problems returning to my last read post. Well catching up also has fun aspects to it.

When you "Reply With Quote," you'll see a little blue box with two arrowheads after "Originally Posted by ...". Click on that little blue box and it takes you back to the post you were replying to; then you can just continue on with your reading. ;)

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD
Do dogs that don't shed get a winter coat and then a summer coat? If so, do they shed in spring and fall? I know my horse does. Then again, I think she had more than one haircoat like some dogs. In winter, she has longer, outer hairs with an undercoat of fluffier hairs. But I think both shed in the spring, and a whole new, shorter coat grows in for summer.

No, Maltese do not have an undercoat. I was told not to take him out on very cold winter days without a coat or thick sweater and if I did take him out... not for long periods. He would let me know when it got to cold for him by increased shivering. Just thinking about him...

His name was Buttons because he looked like a little white stuffed dog with little black button eyes... he weighed about 5 lbs at his heaviest... never sick a day in his life until the end... testicular cancer. He was not neutered... died naturally at home because I couldn't bring myself to have him put to sleep. I don't think he suffered, at least I don't think he did. I pray that he didn't. For the longest time I lived with that guilt. When I got Spanky, as soon as he was old enough I had him neutered. My baby now.

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD
When you "Reply With Quote," you'll see a little blue box with two arrowheads after "Originally Posted by ...". Click on that little blue box and it takes you back to the post you were replying to; then you can just continue on with your reading. ;)

Thanks Cindy! I'm caught up now.

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
Your evening serenade, another golden oldie: The Animals - House of the Rising Sun (1964) HD/Widescreen - YouTube

If you're interested in the history of this song, Wikipedia, as usual, has a comprehensive discussion. It's an old folk song, so no one really knows where it originated -- someplace in Great Britain, then was brought to the US and set in New Orleans. They said this was the start of the folk-rock movement.

Dovahkiin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Mechanicsville Va
Chief... I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious Rocky. Before I got my boy Spanky (my avi <--), my heart was broken by the loss of my little Maltese. Had him for 15 years and I swore I would never get another pet, but after a number of years of grieving I had to fill that void left by his loss that only another furry friend could fill. He was never replaced but now I realize that I gave him my all while he was here and that my heart had enough room left to love another. Just know, one animal lover to another, I definitely feel your pain. But also know this, Rocky felt and knew your love.

Yes I know that very much. The biggest problem for me was waking up the next morning and no Rocky. MY HOUSE WAS NOT A HOME:cry:
I live alone!!!! The house is empty and just can't stand it. Went looking for another puppy. I saw another pug, The pug just looked at me
no matter where I was in the room. The other dogs were either barking or playing with each other. Every time I look at the pug, it was looking back at me. I ran out of there crying, WHAT WAS I DOING THERE, I HAD NO MONEY TO buy HIM/HER.(No job) If I had the money I would have bought him in an instant!!!!!!! Later I decided to get another, I did not care if I was going broke. that is when I found
Elektra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY HOUSE IS A HOME AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know Elektra can not replace Rocky. But I do not want her to replace him.

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I don't know how to start this conversation because we normally are all smiles, chatting about our dogs, horses and hobbies, but today in a small town in the State of Connecticut an insane gunman killed 20 small children and 6 teachers at an elementry school before taking his own life. I followed this story all day of TV and shed a few tears as I am doing now as I type. If any of you believe in GOD, now is the time to pray for the grieving families and friends. There can be nothing worse than burying your own child. If you don't already know, Heaven Is Real ! Tonight there are 20 little children and 6 teachers in the arms of GOD, and one young gunman burning forever in the bowels of Hell.

In my mind this is almost unimaginable.

Connecticut shooting: They were just children

Last edited:

Dovahkiin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Mechanicsville Va
I don't know about that. Bo is a short hair but sheds like a log hair. Every time we vacuum, like twice a week, we get enough hair to knit a sweater. Maybe it's a function of a dual coat.

Most short hair dog have two to three coats. That is why they shed so bad.

Dovahkiin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Mechanicsville Va
Good Morning, I thought I would perk you all up with this list my wife gave to me today:

Perks of reaching 50 or being over 60 and heading towards 70!*
01. **Kidnappers are not very interested in you.
02. **In a hostage situation you are likely to be released first.
03. **No one expects you to run --- anywhere.
04. **People call at 9 PM and ask, "Did I wake you?"
05. **People no longer view you as a hypochondriac.
06. **There is nothing left to learn the hard way.
07. **Things you buy now won't wear out.
08. **You can eat supper at 5 PM.
09. **You can live without sex but not your glasses.
10. **You get into heated arguments about pension plans.
11. **You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.
*12. **You quit trying to hold your stomach in no matter who walks
into the room.
13. **You sing along with elevator music.
14. **Your eyes won't get much worse.
15**. Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to
pay off.
16. **Your joints are more accurate meteorologists than the national
weather service.
17. **Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can't
remember them either.
18. **Your supply of brain cells is finally down to manageable size.
19. **You can't remember who sent you this list.
20. And you notice these are all in Big Print for your convenience.
:laugh:

Oh great another thing to look forward to :lol:

Dovahkiin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Mechanicsville Va

If dog have a winter coat and a summer coat, then the dog will shed its winter/summer coat.

Dovahkiin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Mechanicsville Va

Dovahkiin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Mechanicsville Va
I don't know how to start this conversation because we normally are all smiles, chatting about our dogs, horses and hobbies, but today in a small town in the State of Connecticut an insane gunman killed 20 small children and 6 teachers at an elementry school before taking his own life. I followed this story all day of TV and shed a few tears as I am doing now as I type. If any of you believe in GOD, now is the time to pray for the grieving families and friends. There can be nothing worse than burying your own child. If you don't already know, Heaven Is Real ! Tonight there are 20 little children and 6 teachers in the arms of GOD, and one young gunman burning forever in the bowels of Hell.

I heard about this. My prayer go out to the familys tonight. There is a saying: The parents should not out live their children.. I can't imagine the horror the familys are going thru.......:cry::cry::cry:

Dovahkiin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Mechanicsville Va

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY

Thanks for letting us know about this tragedy, White Rabbit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread