CHIT CHAT in VOLTVILLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tail11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2012
nor cal
RY4 takes some time to grow on you. Personally I like tobacco flavors, meaning that they smell or seem to taste like fresh tobacco, not burned cigarettes. Black Magic from EC Blends is somewhat sweet and complex. I can now reproduce a good RY4 with Wizard Labs flavors but I can't seem to mix anything else worth vaping yet. You are fortunate to have a vape shop near your home. Most of us need to do everything mail order, and yes there are hundreds of flavors, some sound really gross to me.

I don't know if I want to start making my own juice yet. It does sound fun, but as a cook I always add a little of this and that to a recipe and can never recreate it perfectly the next time. :(

I live in the outskirts of the SF bay area, so there are a few shops that I can take a day and drive to. The one shop I have visited is cool - they let you try their flavors and they mix everything to order. I did splurge a bit and now have a huge bottle of Atomic Fireball that I figure will be a long time to run out on.

I still buy all my equipment online. All of the smoke shops here carry disposables and the cheap rechargables. I have been asking my old analog supplier to start carrying some vaping equipment. He doesn't have a clue about it and I try to teach him what little I know. I'm hoping he will take the plunge. He'd corner the market in my town if he did. But then again, I've not found any vapers here either. I might be the only one! :)

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
I don't know if I want to start making my own juice yet. It does sound fun, but as a cook I always add a little of this and that to a recipe and can never recreate it perfectly the next time. :(

I live in the outskirts of the SF bay area, so there are a few shops that I can take a day and drive to. The one shop I have visited is cool - they let you try their flavors and they mix everything to order. I did splurge a bit and now have a huge bottle of Atomic Fireball that I figure will be a long time to run out on.

I still buy all my equipment online. All of the smoke shops here carry disposables and the cheap rechargables. I have been asking my old analog supplier to start carrying some vaping equipment. He doesn't have a clue about it and I try to teach him what little I know. I'm hoping he will take the plunge. He'd corner the market in my town if he did. But then again, I've not found any vapers here either. I might be the only one! :)

Maybe you can make some converts. Others here have. Maybe it's time for those who have to share their stories and inspire Tail11.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA

Nope, you're not the only one. I'm IN SF, and I vape too! But WE may be the only two, cuz I haven't seen anyone either! :laugh:
...sounds like Tasty Vapor...yummy, huh?

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD
RY4 takes some time to grow on you. Personally I like tobacco flavors, meaning that they smell or seem to taste like fresh tobacco, not burned cigarettes. Black Magic from EC Blends is somewhat sweet and complex. I can now reproduce a good RY4 with Wizard Labs flavors but I can't seem to mix anything else worth vaping yet. You are fortunate to have a vape shop near your home. Most of us need to do everything mail order, and yes there are hundreds of flavors, some sound really gross to me.

For me, RY4 was love at first vape. I start my day with it with my coffee. Love the caramel undertone. That might be because I'm not a tobacco vape person.

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
The kindness and generosity of this wonderful group will never cease to amaze me. Seems that I have a Secret Santa who has just sent me a very generous gift. And just when I was feeling like I couldn't seem to catch a break. I love you guys!

christmas_treethankyoufoxyMA1120350.gif

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I took a nap this afternoon and dreamed about watching a movie called "Flavors Gone Wild". It was X2 rated and boy was it vapin! :ohmy:

I know that was probably the worst of my Sinefield type of thinking. My Bavarian Cream and Hershey Chocolate mix has NO TASTE? I started with 5% of each flavor, then 10%, then 15% and finally 20% of each. I finally got a very sweet taste, but no Chocolate flavor what so ever. In desparation I put in 1 drop of Coconut, then 2 and got a hint of flavor, but I just can't believe this DYI is so crazy frustrating.

Hey anybody caught in the massive snow storm in the middle of the country? It looks BAD!
If it's TFA Milk Chocolate you're playing with, you're right - it's very subtle. So is Bav Cream. Careful about going above 25% TOTAL though - sometimes you can go so far that taste disappears completely. Best to try it at about 15-20% total, then let it sit for a couple of days. And adding a little ethyl maltol and/or sucralose (like maybe 1-2 drops per 5ml) does wonders. Maybe that's what you're missing. ;)
Hang in there, Bunny!

Last edited:

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
I'm doing my TFA tobacco flavors at 4% Which is 4 drops in 5 ml. I add 1% or 1 drop of tobacco absolute into my 5 ml. They I use 5 drops caramel and 5 drops etho malto. That is 15% total only one third of that is tobacco. The ethyl malto helped but when I added the caramel, wow, helped a lot.

I may try this recipe with 3% tobacco flavor 4% ethyl malto and 4% caramel and 1% tobacco absolute so I can have a bit more room for some other additions like vanilla or fruit.

The one drop in 10 ml almost seems ridiculous..

I'm still experimenting since I am really new at this. By the way, I steeped for 10 days before even trying my tobacco flavors. Out of them all, Marlboro is the strongest tasting.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I'm doing my TFA tobacco flavors at 4% Which is 4 drops in 5 ml. I add 1% or 1 drop of tobacco absolute into my 5 ml. They I use 5 drops caramel and 5 drops etho malto. That is 15% total only one third of that is tobacco. The ethyl malto helped but when I added the caramel, wow, helped a lot.

I may try this recipe with 3% tobacco flavor 4% ethyl malto and 4% caramel and 1% tobacco absolute so I can have a bit more room for some other additions like vanilla or fruit.

The one drop in 10 ml almost seems ridiculous..

I'm still experimenting since I am really new at this. By the way, I steeped for 10 days before even trying my tobacco flavors. Out of them all, Marlboro is the strongest tasting.
I don't do tobacco flavors, but yeah, I heard you have to that with those...with some creamy flavors too. When I do cheesecake, I have to let it sit for 3+ weeks. Non-citrus fruits seem to be the only ones I can get instant gratification from.

Element_Baz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Fervently thinking happy thoughts for everybody going through stuff...storms, surgeries, illnesses...my problems seem so miniscule in comparison to what some of you are going through...

same here, after remembering what some people here are going through, i feel ashamed about my whinnyness about not getting my shipment in. i publicly apologize.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
same here, after remembering what some people here are going through, i feel ashamed about my whinnyness about not getting my shipment in. i publicly apologize.

No, Baz - that is legitimately something to whine about. :laugh: I think I would have a few choice words as well. I'm so bummed out for you. Hope you get to experience Volt Nirvana soon! :)

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail

Nope, it's legitimate to whine when it comes to vape supplies:) After all, one of the main reasons most of us are here is to quit smoking. A tall order and a worthy goal.

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD

I'm in agreement with Cindy and Lizzie. You are not feeling any different then we would be feeling. Really hope it comes tomorrow... oh wait... I mean today. Think positive! It will be today.

Basilor

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
haha i wasn't talking about you when i said that!

My next dilema is trying to figure out if i want a manual x2 or automatic

I only have auto x2..............but im thinking of maybe its time for a manual............

Definitely go manual, everyone should have at least one.

4 advantages:

1) If you ever need to dry burn, manual is the way to go. From what I understand, about the only way to dry burn with an auto is to blow through the other end while standing in front of a mirror...explain that to a passerby.

2) You can release the button before you finish drawing on it, thereby enhancing the wicking (I usually release at least one second before I stop drawing, very rare to get a burnt taste.

3) The button stops it from rolling off tables and countertops!

4) Because I use them!

It does become very natural to use a manual (speaking of the X2, never tried a 78mm manual.)

I took a nap this afternoon and dreamed about watching a movie called "Flavors Gone Wild". It was X2 rated and boy was it vapin! :ohmy:

I know that was probably the worst of my Sinefield type of thinking. My Bavarian Cream and Hershey Chocolate mix has NO TASTE? I started with 5% of each flavor, then 10%, then 15% and finally 20% of each. I finally got a very sweet taste, but no Chocolate flavor what so ever. In desparation I put in 1 drop of Coconut, then 2 and got a hint of flavor, but I just can't believe this DYI is so crazy frustrating.

Hey anybody caught in the massive snow storm in the middle of the country? It looks BAD!

Heh, to sound like a broken record....try Capellas. I ordered chocolate fudge brownie, mixed it at 15%, wow it's so dead on. Same with Vanilla Custard, and Caramel.

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD
Definitely go manual, everyone should have at least one.

4 advantages:

1) If you ever need to dry burn, manual is the way to go. From what I understand, about the only way to dry burn with an auto is to blow through the other end while standing in front of a mirror...explain that to a passerby.

2) You can release the button before you finish drawing on it, thereby enhancing the wicking (I usually release at least one second before I stop drawing, very rare to get a burnt taste.

3) The button stops it from rolling off tables and countertops!

4) Because I use them!

It does become very natural to use a manual (speaking of the X2, never tried a 78mm manual.)

[/b]

I disagree with that statement... for me... NOT! I had to talk myself through the whole process of using a manual. Most of my X2's were auto's. Love them!! No thought to use... The only reason I got a manual was for dryburning and the Kanger T3 + adapter... did not like THAT combo.. too airy..

but I have a problem having something that I'm not going to use so I started practicing. Sometimes I would forget that I'm using a manual and almost pass out trying to take a draw before realizing... PUSH THE :censored: BUTTON! Then I started to like it more and more and also realized that if I wanted to try vv, I had to "like" the manual X2. Also there is a little more flavor that comes with the manual.

Now I have fully arrived! I am the proud owner of TWO ego twists and ONE mini ego, all manuals. My first love will always be my X2's though... ALL of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread