Status
Not open for further replies.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I've been an all-manual girl from the very beginning. When I first started, I ordered one of each and ended up exchanging the auto cuz I never got the hang of the "special breathing technique" to get a decent hit - I guess cuz I never really hit on analogs that hard. Autos were awful for me - it was worse than yoga breathing! :laugh:
A couple of my backups are autos, and even when I use those (hardly ever), I still feel around for a button! :lol:

Tail11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2012
nor cal
Nope, you're not the only one. I'm IN SF, and I vape too! But WE may be the only two, cuz I haven't seen anyone either! :laugh:
...sounds like Tasty Vapor...yummy, huh?

Cool Cindy! Yes, I made it to Tasty Vapor. They are so kind and patient with newbies. Thank goodness I have a GPS, otherwise I'd had never found the place! :)

I do find myself yearning to tell every smoker about vaping. I did turn a lady on to vaping at the dog park. Funny, she didn't like to smoke at the park "for the dogs health", but has no problem taking her dog home and smoking in the home with it! I'm happy I'm vaping now because I know my dog's health will be better too!

Tail11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2012
nor cal
i noticed i was able to laugh this morning and not cough up a lung... how freaking awesome!

I'm still coughing up some yuck, but not nearly as much as I did when I smoked. I'll be so happy the day I don't cough anything up and to have a dry cough. I always noticed how non smokers never had to clear their throats and I always felt stupid sitting in meetings with them and I'm hacking up stuff. <sorry to be so gross>

Yea for us vapers!

Tail11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2012
nor cal
I disagree with that statement... for me... NOT! I had to talk myself through the whole process of using a manual. Most of my X2's were auto's. Love them!! No thought to use... The only reason I got a manual was for dryburning and the Kanger T3 + adapter... did not like THAT combo.. too airy..

but I have a problem having something that I'm not going to use so I started practicing. Sometimes I would forget that I'm using a manual and almost pass out trying to take a draw before realizing... PUSH THE :censored: BUTTON! Then I started to like it more and more and also realized that if I wanted to try vv, I had to "like" the manual X2. Also there is a little more flavor that comes with the manual.

Now I have fully arrived! I am the proud owner of TWO ego twists and ONE mini ego, all manuals. My first love will always be my X2's though... ALL of them!

JoAnn - I was looking at the twists as a possible upgrade. I ordered a couple more X2's at 1300mah. I figured I'd use those with the new T3's. If I continue to vape, I may end up getting a twist too. Not sure how deep I want to get into this right now. Do you have any problems with them leaking?

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD
all that information would have been great before i ordered my auto x2 :p
No worries though, I'll give it a go, and if i dont like it, I'll order a new one with christmas money! :p

Question though... i thought dry burns were bad?

They are but that was my reason for getting one. Being a newbie, I watched a lot of youtube videos about vaping, this procedure was one of them. Of course for me it didn't work and I never tried again.

Don't be discouraged about ordering an auto, you may just like it. There are benefits from having both. Believe me, you will get many MMANY more X2's... different sizes... different colors.

There is room enough in this big vaping world for auto and manual users... carto users... clearo users... t3 users... get the idea! ;)

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD
JoAnn - I was looking at the twists as a possible upgrade. I ordered a couple more X2's at 1300mah. I figured I'd use those with the new T3's. If I continue to vape, I may end up getting a twist too. Not sure how deep I want to get into this right now. Do you have any problems with them leaking?

First, what do you mean IF!? Don't start thinking that! This is the beginning of your journey into improving your health. NO TURNING BACK!!! Unless you decide "cold turkey" meaning just stopping all methods, total cessation. If you don't mean to totally stop then there is no "IF". Ok, no more preaching :)

You don't have to rush into getting all the new gadgets right away. Get use to the X2's first, try different juice delivery systems to find out what fits for you. The SI T3's is new to all of us, that's why everyone is so excited and they are selling out so fast. Even those of us who got the Kanger T3's are excited about SI's version because we can use them on ALL our X2's, not just the manual.

As for leaking, the only problem I had was adding more juice. Some liquid was still inside and I wanted to add more. When I turned it upside down and took the bottom off, some liquid dripped out of the mouthpiece. Later from reading other forum posts, it was discovered that when you remove the bottom, juice that is in the coils may run down the airhole, hence dripping. So there will be a learning curve involved with topping it off, like holding it to the side before unscrewing... wiping off the inner tube before rescrewing. I'm sure others here can give you better advice on that. Other than that minor glitch, they are super easy to fill and clean and awesome flavor & vapor production. You'll love it!

Last edited:

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
........Now I have fully arrived! I am the proud owner of TWO ego twists and ONE mini ego, all manuals. My first love will always be my X2's though... ALL of them!

Congrats on moving up. Sorry to be late this morning anybody made coffee yet?:laugh: AND the world did not end, at least in my area and evidently not in yours.

Please give us a heads up on the Twist as you test it out. I am looking at the new "Vamo or Bamboo" whatever it will finally be called. Health Cabin has them at I think $39.00 and a local on line vendor near me has them for $45.00. The only advantage is that this local vendor "VaporAlley can get me stuff in 1 day in the mail because he is in my zip code, but he is Internet only, no actual storefront.

Hey anybody know what you call Santa's helpers?.............................Subordinate Clauses of course :facepalm:

Dumb joke and Dumb Me - I sit here a lot of the day on the computer, vaping of course and charge my X2 at night, then I thought Hey Dummy why not use the passthrough. Soooooo today I am vaping plugged in and then I won't have to charge every night.

Last edited:

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD
Good Morning Volties.

We are having a delicious Christmas blend coffee and some banana bread I got out of the freezer last night. Real butter is on the table.

Was in a blue funk yesterday but doing much better today.

A lot to do today so have a great day, Volties.

Oh thank you Lizzie for the coffee and I'm indulging in that banana bread and with REAL butter too! There goes my 23 pounds!! :)

Element_Baz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
I'm pretty sure the world is ending actually, simply because i have great news!!!!

My package was found, and tracked down to a post office here in fort worth!
I'll get it either today or tomorrow (really hoping today)
I should be getting all of my vaping stuff in the next day, except my christmas gift from the father in law, he said i have to wait for santa to bring it. haha

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
OK, nobody posting, so I will give you another dumb joke for your morning!

A farmer has three daughters. All three have a date on Friday night.

Friday night comes and the farmer hears a knock at the door. He opens the door and there's a young man on the front porch.
The young man says, "Hi, my name is Freddy. I'm here for Betty. We're gonna go have spaghetti. Is she ready?" And off go Freddie and Betty

About 20 minutes later, the farmer hears another knock at the door. He opens the door and there's another young man on the front porch.
The young man says, "Hi, my name is Joe. I'm here for Flo. We're gonna go to the show. Is she ready to go?" And off go Joe and Flo.

About 15 minutes later, the farmer hears another knock at the door. He opens the door and there's a young man on the front porch.
The young man says, My name is Chuck........And the farmer shoots him.:facepalm:

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
OK, nobody posting, so I will give you another dumb joke for your morning!

A farmer has three daughters. All three have a date on Friday night.

Friday night comes and the farmer hears a knock at the door. He opens the door and there's a young man on the front porch.
The young man says, "Hi, my name is Freddy. I'm here for Betty. We're gonna go have spaghetti. Is she ready?" And off go Freddie and Betty

About 20 minutes later, the farmer hears another knock at the door. He opens the door and there's another young man on the front porch.
The young man says, "Hi, my name is Joe. I'm here for Flo. We're gonna go to the show. Is she ready to go?" And off go Joe and Flo.

About 15 minutes later, the farmer hears another knock at the door. He opens the door and there's a young man on the front porch.
The young man says, My name is Chuck........And the farmer shoots him.:facepalm:

Oh maaan! That was great ---- And I needed that. Thanks!! *still chuckling*

Okay - Here's the Bluesman update. Sorry I've been remiss, but everything was kinda still up in the air.

Thursday, Blues had his surgery (double bypass). Looks like it all went well with one hitch. When they restarted his heart, his rhythm was "off". Dunno if that's supposed to just kick in to a regular rhythm or not, but they need to keep an eye on it.

This morning, he had a transient ischemic attack. That's a mini-stroke. It temporarily slurred Blues' speech and numbed the right side of his body. The doctor said those symptoms lasted about 20 minutes and now have passed. He seems to be normal now. They will need to maintain very close observation and take precautions to avoid further problems. It is not rare to experience a TIA after heart surgery, but they do not want Blues to suffer a stroke.

Frankly folks, I'm freaking out a bit because I can't be there with him. Please continue to send your positive thoughts and prayers his way.

:nun:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread