Oct 19, 2012
Queensland banana bender land of OZ

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
The dogs dining video was excellent on so many levels. That IS art!!

Good morning Volties. :)

I've got Turkish coffee with cardomom this morning. Don't partake if you're sensitive to caffeine. This stuff will prop your eyeballs open for 12 hours at least! But - I needed it because I was up way too late working in CAD (Computer Aided Design) last night. I'm designing the home that my son is going to build on my property a few ravines over. I always think that I have this project done ... but then, there are revisions. And revisions. And revisions. :blink: That's okay. Better that he gets it the way that he wants it before he actually starts to build it.

Hope everyone is doing well today. :)

Last edited:

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
thanks sandy for squirrel vids...my favs the obstacle course, cat playing mummy....there such little sweeties...wish we had them here;)

I used to think they were cute, too, till when I lived in California and they got into the space under our roof. They were awful, like being infested with rats. They lost their cuteness then, and stopping up the holes where they were getting in didn't keep them out at all.

abracadebra

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2012
Queensland banana bender land of OZ
I used to think they were cute, too, till when I lived in California and they got into the space under our roof. They were awful, like being infested with rats. They lost their cuteness then, and stopping up the holes where they were getting in didn't keep them out at all.

oh maybe just one then..:unsure:

Raynes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Alabama,USA
Raynes! Another unsung hero! :thumb:

... the bolded statement above... How can people be so cruel? Well... first fact... they are hunters/killers in my book... I guess I already answered my question. They get these animals to work for them, helping them to track and corner other animals for them to kill.. then the poor hounds' reward is to be turned loose to starve while those hunters take the freshly killed animals home to feast on??!! Sorry for the rant... Oh! Sooo sad!

Thank God for people like you and Blues... and all others that do this great work!

Nope.No hero here.Just an advocate. Now Blues and Rave ARE heroes.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Woo - That Turkish coffee is so exotic. I gotta try that.

How cool is that! Designing a house from scratch. One winter I spent my loads of extra time designing the house of my dreams:) I did it on paper though. I wouldn't even begin to know how to use CAD. It was fun! Of course, I didn't have to get anything right since I am not going to be building it anyway.

Basically, the house I live in now is the house of my dreams. Peaceful and rural. Just big enough to hold the two of us comfortably without feeling isolated from one another. The back windows look out onto my goats and my horse. The front windows look out onto the road so I can see cars going by and if someone is at the gate:) We designed the landscaping and put in every tree and shrub.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana

They can do an incredible amount of damage! Debra - you've got sugar gliders over there. They are even more cute, and they aren't chewers. At least, mine aren't.

Nope.No hero here.Just an advocate. Now Blues and Rave ARE heroes.

WHAT?! I'll agree with Blues ... but, not me. Nope. Ain't buyin' it.

Blues is absolutely selfless in his stewardship of animals that have been mistreated/abused or rejected by others. :wub:

Last edited:

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
Woo - That Turkish coffee is so exotic. I gotta try that.

How cool is that! Designing a house from scratch. One winter I spent my loads of extra time designing the house of my dreams:) I did it on paper though. I wouldn't even begin to know how to use CAD. It was fun! Of course, I didn't have to get anything right since I am not going to be building it anyway.

Basically, the house I live in now is the house of my dreams. Peaceful and rural. Just big enough to hold the two of us comfortably without feeling isolated from one another. The back windows look out onto my goats and my horse. The front windows look out onto the road so I can see cars going by and if someone is at the gate:) We designed the landscaping and put in every tree and shrub.

You gotta have a jezve (a special type of pot) to make Turkish coffee properly. It's kind of a pain, but it's worth it to me. I got addicted to it decades ago.

It's wonderful to be able to say that you live in the house of your dreams. Sounds perfect for you Lizzie. :)

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Thanks, Rave. I guess my home isn't fancy but I think it is really nice and well laid out. I would add a room to the west end of the house if I could but we settled for a covered breezeway [it's a long porch that sticks out from the house and it is 10 feet wide and 24 feet long. We didn't want to have to move the air conditioning nor the propane so we came up with this design. I "enclosed" it with fence boards on the bottom and lattice on the top and some nice double gates. It looks pretty good. We get a lot of compliments on it. We needed a protecterd area so we could get in and out of the door when the wind was doing 70mph:) We have a BBQ and a table set up and Rusty the Red Dog has a kennel and a blankie. [He has a dog house, too, but that is out front just in case he gets locked out of the backyard he still has somewhere warm to go but he likes to be on the back porch near his peeps.] The breezeway keeps it fairly dry when it snows or rains. It gives shade on the hottest side of the house and helps the A/C keep up with the heat. And it is a windbreak for the back yard. I guess we are pretty practical people, if we are going to spend time and money then the items should serve several purposes:)

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Hey Rave, what CAD program are you using? I used to do support for both AutoCAD and Microstation, but that was ten years ago now. It was really handy having access to CAD, either one of those. I want to do a porch with a gable pulled off the front of the house and hate the idea of doing it by hand, on paper, with a scale ruler, pencil and eraser (maybe lots of erasers).

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
purple robe locust skinny but tall.jpg

Found a photo [of the breezeway]. So much easier than a description:)

You can just see the 70' wind fence coming off the back corner to protect the west side of the backyard from the wind and keep the wind from curling around the structure and making the backyard even windier! That is the only wooden fence we put up since the wind out here knocks a wooden fence over. We had to add stabilizers on the back side to keep the wind fence from rocking back and forth and eventually coming down.!

Last edited:

Raynes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Alabama,USA
I guess it depends on your definition of a hero, but in your own way, if you save animals from an unhappy life or death when they aren't in need of being put down, then you are a hero in my book.
Oh stop,you'll give me the big head and then you guys won't be able to put up with me.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Have a great day, RAynes. 8 degrees overnight and 11 degrees right now. I already hauled hot water out to the animals and fed them. I think I will read a book, bake some cookies and generally laze around today. The temps will hopefully be going up a bit starting Monday.

Oh, I meant to mention how wonderful it was to hear from Bluesman live and in person on the forum. Keep up the good work, Blues, but don't over do, okay?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread