CHIT CHAT in VOLTVILLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tail11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2012
nor cal
No snow yet here on DelMarVa (Eastern Shore of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia for those out of our area) but you know very well it is coming south soon.

Catch you all later, after a small lunch and a big nap :laugh:

I used to live in Maryland, in Bowie. Bowie is a suburb of the DC area, but close to Baltimore. I miss the beaches on the eastern shore!

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Last edited:

Tail11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2012
nor cal
It's cold and wet here. I'm still in my PJ's but have been busy this morning/early afternoon. Had to update our club's website, and did some laundry. Got to get into the kitchen now and make a nice bean vegetable soup. That way, I can eat leftovers for the rest of the week!

Whisper dog is ensconced in her blankets sleeping blissfully! Sometimes I wish I was a spoiled little dog! But, I don't think I'd fancy having to use the bathroom outside when it's cold and raining! ;)

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I used to live in Maryland, in Bowie. Bowie is a suburb of the DC area, but close to Baltimore. I miss the beaches on the eastern shore!

I live 25 miles inland from Ocean City, Maryland. The signs around my hot tub have arrows one pointing east saying "Ocean", the other pointing west saying" Bay". In the center a sign says "Another Day in Paradise".

Actually we don't go to the beach in the summer, it is toooooo crowded. Spring and Fall and even winter are great.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I had a 5 HP Craftsman chipper/leaf grinder for years, and it finally died (did not owe me one cent). They are wonderful for making mulch and save on bagging or hauling away leaves. If your budget and yard are sufficiently large, I would recommend one of those covered carts with a grinder that pull behind a riding tractor. My yard is not quite large enough to expend $1000 or more on one of those, but they are convenient. Since I had 29 trees taken from my front yard and 45 from my back lot, I do not have a lot of twigs anymore, but tons of leaves still from surrounding lots.

No snow yet here on DelMarVa (Eastern Shore of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia for those out of our area) but you know very well it is coming south soon.

Catch you all later, after a small lunch and a big nap :laugh:

I'd love one of those tow behind lawn vacs but they're too expensive to justify with just over an acre. I do have a vac attachment on the tractor but it doesn't have its own blower and relies of the output of the blades to blow the spoils into the bags. What I do is run the mower without using the vac to mulch everything up pretty good, then put the vac back together and run the lawn again. It does clog after a while but not very often and does do a good job. The downside is that it doubles the amount of time needed. I just want a chipper for the branches and twigs. My neighbor, right next door, has a commercial Vermeer but I hate asking him to bring it over and do my stuff. He hasn't even let me pay for the gas when he has and that's a pretty pricy machine.

We've always composted the leaves and after three years are getting some decent fill back from the huge pile that's accumulated. I'll be spreading it around the low and irregular spots this spring and getting some more seed out.

Raynes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Alabama,USA
I hear ya, White Rabbit. I'm being good and not spending any money this month:) Fortunately, DIY is working out for me but I don't think DIY is for everyone.
Your so right Lizzie. I'm one of those who like strong liquids and the more nic the better, I'd probably over dose myself with nic if I DIY.
Sad but true.My job is really stressful right now. It won't last,but like last night I was choked by a patient. I'm OK. Neck is sore and the poor lady couldn't help she was hallucinating. The voices were telling her to kill me as I was going to hurt her. I've had to go to the hospital three times already to reassure her I was fine.
My neck is bruised pretty bad and my trach is sore but I'm Ok. Ronnie is throwing a fit and wanting me to resign but I just can't do it.

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
Your so right Lizzie. I'm one of those who like strong liquids and the more nic the better, I'd probably over dose myself with nic if I DIY.
Sad but true.My job is really stressful right now. It won't last,but like last night I was choked by a patient. I'm OK. Neck is sore and the poor lady couldn't help she was hallucinating. The voices were telling her to kill me as I was going to hurt her. I've had to go to the hospital three times already to reassure her I was fine.
My neck is bruised pretty bad and my trach is sore but I'm Ok. Ronnie is throwing a fit and wanting me to resign but I just can't do it.

I'm so sorry you were injured, and I'm glad it wasn't serious. As for resigning, IMHO, life is dangerous, and just because a horse injured me doesn't mean I'm going to give up on horses, though I guess it helps that it wasn't my horse who was the guilty party, so I can just avoid the horse who hurt me. But I think it's the same with your job. You just have to figure out if there was anything you could have done to avoid it. I thought about that with my situation, and I plan to make some changes because of it.

Dovahkiin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Mechanicsville Va
WHAT?

Dovahkiin in the Dragon language, is a rare individual who has been born with the blood and soul of a Dragon, but the body of a mortal.

See Dragonborn: Dragonborn - The Elder Scrolls Wiki

Yes and my avitar is my game character. Good job Rabbit!!!!!
I did the name change before some politician says you have a drug reference for a username. I don't want that headache!!!!!

Last edited:

KitKat2

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2012
michigan
I'm so sorry you were injured, and I'm glad it wasn't serious. As for resigning, IMHO, life is dangerous, and just because a horse injured me doesn't mean I'm going to give up on horses, though I guess it helps that it wasn't my horse who was the guilty party, so I can just avoid the horse who hurt me. But I think it's the same with your job. You just have to figure out if there was anything you could have done to avoid it. I thought about that with my situation, and I plan to make some changes because of it.

I would sure like to apply this to my job too!!!!!

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yes and my avitar is my game character. Good job Rabbit!!!!!
I did the name change before some politician says you have a drug reference for a username. I don't want that headache!!!!!

You do have the heart and blood of a Dragon :laugh: While you are playing, take a deep vape and blow a huge vapor puff at your enemy.
View attachment 166801

And here is the Dragon Rabbit :ohmy:
View attachment 166807

Last edited:

marlou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2009
SW Ohio

Oh Raynes! That gave me such a chill, knowing you were in that dangerous situation. I'm so glad that other than bad bruising you're alright. Your job has dangers but I'm sure it's rewarding helping those who so badly need it.

At one time I worked a second job, two nights a week for a psychiatrist. It was an eye opener to discover there are people who live in their own private little hells due to mental problems. I was never in any danger, but had a couple of frightening experiences there. I salute you for the work you do.

abracadebra

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2012
Queensland banana bender land of OZ
That might be so, but some people are just unconscious. I think if Tail11 asked them very politely to rake their leaves and explained how not raking them causes a problem, maybe the people would wake up and realize it was important when they never knew what trouble it was causing if they didn't rake the leaves. I'd at least start by giving them the benefit of the doubt, that they just didn't realize, before attributing more selfish motives to them.

so true.....I tried the benefit of the doubt approach....well it backed fired big time....renters next door...hadn't mowed there lawn for 6mths....old mate even offered to lend them the lawn mower..they turned nasty...said mind your own business..its all comes down in my books to the person them selfs....good and bad lives everywhere...

abracadebra

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2012
Queensland banana bender land of OZ

oh raynes....I can relate to being choked...ive helped out in many mental wards....I have many stories of those days....ive cared for a lady with dementia ....and with my sons mental illness....I have ptss....now...because of it....oh well what don't kill ya makes you stronger

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
I hear ya, White Rabbit. I'm being good and not spending any money this month:) Fortunately, DIY is working out for me but I don't think DIY is for everyone.

I totally blew my resolve and ordered the blemished silver Provari, the Vivi Nova tankey thingeys and some batteries and a charger and a couple of adapters:)

I had to do it. Penny Poo Poo made me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread