Status
Not open for further replies.

tidegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Panama City, FL
So tell us, tidegirl, how do you like your Volt compared to your Infinity?

Sorry Murphy's Law has struck you on your first SI order though :(

I love it! As much as I have poo-poo'd the "It has to look like a cig" attitude of newbies, it is nice to have that feel to it. It puts out loads of vapor. The thing I was most worried about was the carto. I know you can get clearos, but for this I was mostly wanting the cig look, because I'm kinda tired of people staring at me like I'm an alien in public. :) I really don't give a flip what people think of me, but it does get old after a while. But I really wasn't fond of cartos before. If they weren't fully loaded, I wasn't happy with the flavor. The Volt cartos are so much better. I guess its that special design, which Steeljan showed so well with her model. (I really love that video!) As far as the whole VV thing, I did have one carto left when I got my I pro which I cranked up to full power on a couple of occasions. But I was in the process of switching to clearos, and they can't take as much. I can only get to just under half power on a clearo or it burns it. I'm sure my I pro will remain in daily use due to battery life, but my cute little Volts will be in daily use as well. And I definitely see at least a few more in my future. :D

And that is one cute puppy dog ya got there. I'm gonna get around to posting mine in the pet thread soon, but I'm still trying to make it all the way through the thread. I ran out of steam this morning when I was looking at them.

Kico- I have seen people smarter than I when it comes to batts post that partial charging is better. They say that the batts know the difference between a partial and a full, and I guess the full charge is worse for them. I still end up vaping mine dead most of the time though, cause I forget to change them. :blush:

Thanks again TideGirl!

Then I shall probably continue as I have for the most part:
Enjoy a particular flavor for an hour or so; change flavor & batt! :D

ETA: I with you on the Volts in public! Besides - they fit in the back pocket very nicely - and easy to reach for when I'm in the store!

I have come to the realization that I don't feel as up-tight as did with analogs. It used to require some pre-planning as to when and where that nic need would be addressed. (Especially after I banned myself from smokin' all over the house!) Now it's ... go with the flow! :vapor:

Last edited:

Amethyst_Star

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Southern Wisconsin
www.facebook.com
Good morning, Volties. It's Monday once again. I have coffee ready and waiting. Please have at it.

I have put it off about as long as I can. I am gonna have to go grocery shopping. :?: If I were only rich, I would pay someone to do it for me. I would "create" a job and help the economy. :unsure:

Good Morning! I hate grocery shopping, myself! My hubby works at Walmart and I usually make him buy groceries on his way home from work! Works out, nicely, that way! LOL!

Posted with Tapatalk for Android.

lilac7779

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2011
East Tennessee
Good Morning! I hate grocery shopping, myself! My hubby works at Walmart and I usually make him buy groceries on his way home from work! Works out, nicely, that way! LOL!

Posted with Tapatalk for Android.

It didn't use to be such a chore, Tina. Early in our marriage, I could talk Hub into doing it occasionally, but after 37 years, he knows all my tricks.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I love it! As much as I have poo-poo'd the "It has to look like a cig" attitude of newbies, it is nice to have that feel to it. It puts out loads of vapor. The thing I was most worried about was the carto. I know you can get clearos, but for this I was mostly wanting the cig look, because I'm kinda tired of people staring at me like I'm an alien in public. :) I really don't give a flip what people think of me, but it does get old after a while. But I really wasn't fond of cartos before. If they weren't fully loaded, I wasn't happy with the flavor. The Volt cartos are so much better. I guess its that special design, which Steeljan showed so well with her model. (I really love that video!) As far as the whole VV thing, I did have one carto left when I got my I pro which I cranked up to full power on a couple of occasions. But I was in the process of switching to clearos, and they can't take as much. I can only get to just under half power on a clearo or it burns it. I'm sure my I pro will remain in daily use due to battery life, but my cute little Volts will be in daily use as well. And I definitely see at least a few more in my future. :D

And that is one cute puppy dog ya got there. I'm gonna get around to posting mine in the pet thread soon, but I'm still trying to make it all the way through the thread. I ran out of steam this morning when I was looking at them.

Kico- I have seen people smarter than I when it comes to batts post that partial charging is better. They say that the batts know the difference between a partial and a full, and I guess the full charge is worse for them. I still end up vaping mine dead most of the time though, cause I forget to change them. :blush:

Great to hear you're enjoying the Volt "mini"! If you want still more vapor and flavor try using the CE3 on them. It is longer than a a regular carto, 53mm versus 38mm, but that length difference is well worth it, plus there is never a doubt about liquid level, you can see it very plainly.

Without getting too technical about batteries.....Lithium based batteries, and all batteries for that matter, generate power through a chemical action. During that action chemical changes occur that are unavoidable and begin to degrade the battery. Using, or discharging, the battery does the exact same thing. Bottom line is the life of the battery, assuming proper charging practices are used, is limited by the chemical consumption in the battery. Yes, you can recharge a partially used battery more often than a one that is fully discharged each time before recharge, but the overall life, how much use time, is not affected much in either case.

Amethyst_Star

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Southern Wisconsin
www.facebook.com
It didn't use to be such a chore, Tina. Early in our marriage, I could talk Hub into doing it occasionally, but after 37 years, he knows all my tricks.

Lilac, hubby knows it's either buy them on his way home from work, or go into work on his night off! He'd much rather do the former! LOL!

Thanks for the coffee, BTW! ;)

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Awsum- Just thought of this- I have also read that it is best to let the batts "rest" after use, before charging and after charging, before use. Any thoughts on this?

I haven't really seen, read or thought about waiting to charge them. It would make sense to wait a little while after they signal they need a charge, especially if they are used "hard" such as in vaping. The power output is high enough to cause some heating of the battery itself and the heat of an atomizer can add to that. That heat can effect the chemical action required to charge and discharge a battery. A cool battery, not cold, can operate more efficiently, both charge and discharge, so waiting a short while certainly can't hurt them.

Chookychuck

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2012
USA, GA
"Chooky - your brave to have kept a wild snake! Especially happy to hear you did the research. :) "
Many aussies keep snakes as pets with the appropriate licences. I like looking at them but thats as far as it goes. I have held a baby python but wouldn'nt dare a larger one. Your one has really nice markings! Do you still have him.
Congrats on brad's win. ( in tiny little lettering i better ask "is that your son?)

Good morning Liliac ... thank u for helping me in the "Ask Imagine" thread & i hope ur coffee's good.

Reptilr .... As a kid there was stuff on how to identify snakes but not much more & some stuff but not near the info as today. Back then they said they only ate live food.. now u can go to the pet store get dead forzen mice (u thaw ) anyway lots has changed. i caught lots of skinks too, but they are small here maybe 4 inches is the largest. i did read up ur Tommie yesterday & i was amazed how big they are .... if we had those, i would def want one. The only lizard that big over here is a Gila monster, which is venoumous and a desert creature. Anyhow, we got a few snake books, and i felt we never kept our cage clean enough, which was the kids job not mine, so maybe they would of lived longer, hard to say i dont know the age of the king snake. I really dont want keep stuff in captivity if its just gonna die, just seems cruel. ..... Also it said wild snakes dont do well on one hand, but on the other the Kings Snake is one the best for a pet. Over here catching snakes em is not as risky, we dont have the super venoumus snakes like in Australia & if u read up there very easy to identify, even for a 9 year old (me) .... i would never go near a poisonous snake ... i would just slowly go the other way. ...

Yes Brad is my son, Lindsey and him are 12 year old twins. David my oldest is 18 and Allie is almost 17.

take care and i hope work is fast.

Last edited:

Chookychuck

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2012
USA, GA
Here are my kids ... all my good pics on my dead mac, but here are some :) :)

66210_1703481587160_2060461_n.jpg 180758_188970561130971_537541_n.jpg 4987_1095359380629_3334501_n.jpg

Last edited:

Chookychuck

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2012
USA, GA
Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes! I got my Volts about 12 hours ago (after 6 trips to an empty mailbox :lol: ) and I have been happily vaping them between naps since. I got 2 78mm autos, one purple and one black. My purple is great, but I am having a bit of trouble with the black one, so perhaps some advice??? :) It has a very airy draw, and therefore is hard to activate. I feel like I am having to create hurricane force winds to activate it. Any simple fixes for this? (And I do mean simple. I am SO not mechanically inclined. :lol: )

Chookychuck- always happy to have someone to talk smack with! ;) I work some weekends, and the 3rd Sat in October is one of the "big three" that I absolutely refuse to work. LSU and the Iron Bowl are the others.

1st Officer- misfits, huh? I'll "fit" right in then. ;)

Oh ill be sure and talk some smack ;) Nothin like a good Tide-Vol game :D

mmmmm, both my Auto's need more air than an anolog, but they are not 2 bad. E-cigs need more air then anologs, i think i like a tighter draw than most but i like my Volt. i suggest u watch some of outlaws vids and if the black seems bad send Customer Service msg and i am sure they will take good care of u.

Outlaw vid with vapin a mini about 8 mins in Smokeless Image Volt Demonstration and CE3 Cartomizers - YouTube

Ou laws vid did not have much vapin with an Auto, so here is an older vid (2009), maybe before the Volts was out so as for comparison it means nothing. But it does compare 3 auto mini's and she talks about pros and cons of an easy battary activation with ur draw. Me personally i think by far the Volt is by far the best mini, so if urs is not working right, my guess is SI should be happy to fix it.
E-Cig Comparison - YouTube

take care :)

Last edited:

nightfell

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2012
Massachusetts
Good morning, Volties. It's Monday once again. I have coffee ready and waiting. Please have at it.

I have put it off about as long as I can. I am gonna have to go grocery shopping. :?: If I were only rich, I would pay someone to do it for me. I would "create" a job and help the economy. :unsure:

We have peapod in our area which a grocery shopping service. They're partnered up with the stop and shop grocery chain. I think without a get it free coupon delivery is 7 bucks if I remember right. I order from them so much I'm in their VIP club so I don't normally pay for delivery. It honestly is a time saver for me. I'd also take gave a hubby who worked at a super Walmart but until that happens i'll have to use peapod.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Good morning. Lilac. I took you up on that cup of coffee.

ChookyChuck, those are some great kids you have there.

Tidegirl, I like the Volt mini for vaping in public. I actually got two 78mm white batteries with the orange LED so it would look more like a cig. I do really like the cartos but I think the CE3's are super. Although the e cig is longer and they are clear, they are not super obviously different looking than a cig, IMHO. The mini fits in a back pocket nicely. Of course, one has to be prepared and keep those batteries charged.

Went shopping in Carson City. I usually don't shop on a Saturday and now I remember why. Everywhere I went I had to wait in line!!!!

As for the auto batteries. I think I may stick with the manual in the future. I have one 78 mm auto that works great and one that seems like it is trying to "burn" way long after I puff or for no reason at all. I cleaned it up but it still seems to "burn" longer than the other one. Although it is a bit easier to use auto when driving, I have actually become pretty good at finding and pushing the manual button without looking at the e cig.

I really need to break out the car charger and the long cord and try my white 650 auto battery while driving!!!!!

Got the horse shed base coated yesterday and the final bit of front wall on the long shed. We have so many sheds they have names:) Today, painting the top coat followed by working in the gardens doing some minor tree pruning and putting the tree borer insecticide into select trees. Generally, don't like to use insecticides but the tree borers are so bad in this yard that we have lost several trees. The desert is beautiful but has its challenges when it comes to gardening.

Have a great day, Volties.

lilac7779

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2011
East Tennessee
Chookychuck, that is a good looking group you have there.

If I was of help to you in the Ask Imagine thread, I was more than happy to do it. I am usually the one getting help.

Nightfell, I'm kind of in the boonies, a few miles outside a small town. We can get a pizza delivered, but that's about it. Seven bucks to have your groceries delivered sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Lizzie, I'll share my coffee with you anytime...that goes for all you Volties. :)

Konstantine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2012
Greece
www.niquidtest.com
I haven't really seen, read or thought about waiting to charge them. It would make sense to wait a little while after they signal they need a charge, especially if they are used "hard" such as in vaping. The power output is high enough to cause some heating of the battery itself and the heat of an atomizer can add to that. That heat can effect the chemical action required to charge and discharge a battery. A cool battery, not cold, can operate more efficiently, both charge and discharge, so waiting a short while certainly can't hurt them.
Volt batteries have over temperature shut off.
Shutting down the battery when it get's over 65C

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Volt batteries have over temperature shut off.
Shutting down the battery when it get's over 65C

Somehow I suspect that the chemical reaction, ion transfer, starts to degrade at a temperature lower than 65C though. An example is "don't leave them in a hot car", far below 65C or else things in the car might start melting :) (imagining a puddle of vinyl where the dashboard used to be, even though it won't happen)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread