Status
Not open for further replies.

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
The Original ModFather, USA
My friends .. so good to be back, even if sporadically .... been busy 24/7 .. no time for my fav hobby (modding) .. in looking at all the new equip they're making now, I would be hard-pressed to come up with anything original anymore :(

Jes sittin' here watchin "Major Crimes" and suckin on my good old VAPOR-51 .. loaded with Kona Coffee (yummmmmm)

Alan

Cam0Pic12-10-15_20.09.33.jpg

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA
My friends .. so good to be back, even if sporadically .... been busy 24/7 .. no time for my fav hobby (modding) .. in looking at all the new equip they're making now, I would be hard-pressed to come up with anything original anymore :(

Jes sittin' here watchin "Major Crimes" and suckin on my good old VAPOR-51 .. loaded with Kona Coffee (yummmmmm)

Alan

View attachment 142670

Always welcome around here even if it's a "fly-by" :)

So I have an inquiry for those who might know... (mods and admins please chime in if you're reading, or shoot me a PM). My father and I run a clothing (coats, blankets, socks, gloves, hats, shoes) drive every fall-winter for the Homeless in the Greater Philadelphia Area, we try to get as many donations as possible, and load up on December 25th around 8am to head up to city hall to distribute the clothes to the homeless. We've established relationships with some local businesses, and are working to get the paperwork sorted out to form an official Not for Profit organization. Last year we raked in about 500 articles of clothing which were quickly disbursed at City Hall, and what couldn't be directly used was given to Homeless Shelters and City Team (a local organization here, they may be elsewhere, I'm not sure). My question is, would I be breaking any rules in posting (when we get everything all set up for the year) with information about what we're doing, and contact/address information for members? Are there any hoops I need to jump through beforehand? I'm posting here in PIF because I figure the people who hang out around here are the most generous out of a massive number of generous members in this community here!

Thanks for reading, looking forward to feedback.

Enid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2010
Greenville, SC
Omg, Becky. The page actually loads and stuff.

There were a few times that I came in just to read some updates (ya know, snoop) but quickly left because each page loaded so slow. Anywhoo, still not vaping. This Sept was 2 years smoke free. Heather is still smoke free. Jeff is still smoking. :evil:

I got a new kitteh. It's been almost 2 yrs since we had to put Daphne down. I've been waiting on a kitty to wander up to the house or in the library but we found him in the Petco adoption center. His name was Tyger. His new name is Pixel. He's almost 3 and he likes it here. Well, except for the chipping, shots and the ear mite drops but other than that, we'z good people.

1stday.jpg

I've been hanging out on myfitnesspal with Darkwitless and Daisy, counting calories and stuffz. I hope that everyone is doing well.

loxmythe

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
pa
So I have an inquiry for those who might know... (mods and admins please chime in if you're reading, or shoot me a PM). My father and I run a clothing (coats, blankets, socks, gloves, hats, shoes) drive every fall-winter for the Homeless in the Greater Philadelphia Area, we try to get as many donations as possible, and load up on December 25th around 8am to head up to city hall to distribute the clothes to the homeless. We've established relationships with some local businesses, and are working to get the paperwork sorted out to form an official Not for Profit organization. Last year we raked in about 500 articles of clothing which were quickly disbursed at City Hall, and what couldn't be directly used was given to Homeless Shelters and City Team (a local organization here, they may be elsewhere, I'm not sure). My question is, would I be breaking any rules in posting (when we get everything all set up for the year) with information about what we're doing, and contact/address information for members? Are there any hoops I need to jump through beforehand? I'm posting here in PIF because I figure the people who hang out around here are the most generous out of a massive number of generous members in this community here!

Thanks for reading, looking forward to feedback.

This is something that has to be taken up with ECF mods and would probably have to be done in the classifieds. I'd suggest you contact Joker or one of the other main ECF mods. I don't see the feasibility of shipping clothing. If I were you I'd work out the details before you approach the mods.

Last edited:
This is something that has to be taken up with ECF mods and would probably have to be done in the classifieds. I'd suggest you contact Joker or one of the other main ECF mods. I don't see the feasibility of shipping clothing. If I were you I'd work out the details before you approach the mods.

Believe me, this I know, it's just an idea I thought I'd present here in the PIF thread.. considering the subject matter... I'm still hoping that J0ker or one of the other forum admins sees it and shoots me their opinion...

loxmythe

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
pa
Believe me, this I know, it's just an idea I thought I'd present here in the PIF thread.. considering the subject matter... I'm still hoping that J0ker or one of the other forum admins sees it and shoots me their opinion...

Just trying to help. They're not likely to see it here. The mods generally have their hands full and don't venture here very often. It's impossible for them to read every post. You really need to contact them directly.

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption

Alan

View attachment 142670

My friend, you can make a mod out of anything, have you considered, ummm, vibrating massagers? :D

Darkwitless

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2010
KY
I know here in the greater Cincy area there are several organizations collecting coats and other winter gear as well as sleeping bags, blankets and shoes. Most of the grocery stores have a large box to accept donations and all of the schools too. The loacl Tv stations will each run a bit on the morning news or noon news as well.

Shipping clothes just isn't very practical.

Is there a Philly area vape group? Maybe talk to some of them about helping out.

I know our local blanket/sleeping bag group just started up a couple of years ago. For a city as large as we are, we have very few cold shelters for the homeless... DS#1 & I have spent some time volunteering at one of the newest ones.
DS#2 just did some work with some of his classmates getting the same place ready for the "season". Painting, scrubing and sorting clothes and bedding.

Darkwitless

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2010
KY
Jazz - I wish i could say it was a freak accident (about the light bulb) but really it's par for the course of my life lol.

I was taking stuff out of the dryer and walked out, turning off the light ( an miracle of sorts, I never turn that light off lol) As soon as I left the room the the washer ended. So I open the washer and turn the light back on...bulb blows...get the step ladder, remove the light fixture cover.....yadda yadda - shattered glass.

I knew I should have played dumb blond and asked DH to change the bulb (I hate changing them on this light fixture, it makes a loud snap noise when you pull it off or snap it back on, like you're breaking the fixture.)

Laundry rooms are evil! (Even nice one's between the kitchen and garage and not in the subterranean underground)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread