Not open for further replies.

Prism

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wisconsin
King is Aussie wolf mix is half high energy and half low, when you take him for a walk you have to watch it or he will power walk himself into exhaustion. But if he is not on a walk he is pretty low energy. I agree with Jazz, smartest dog I have ever owned. I spent 6 weeks trying to get him to roll a ball back to me with his nose, every time I did it he just looked at me funny. One day John tossed it to him and he hit it back in the air with his nose. He liked real ball not baby roll ball.

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA
Have you noticed that King "thinks" about what you've told him to do (or not?) - smart dogs. But sometimes the "thinking about it" gets him scolded. Everyone laughed at me when I had what are considered to be the "intelligent" dog toys ready for him when he arrived......until they saw him with them. My daughter thinks I should have his sperm preserved so I can have a puppy of his some day. IDK though.....that was a massive stroke last year and I don't know if that's genetic. On the other hand he had the MRI and has nothing else going on :)

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Totally unconnected to the pooches (Jasmine has smoke come out of her ears when she thinks, but she's a labby :) ), anyone else going through the joys of time warner starting leasing modems? I'm actually earthlink, but expect TWC to pass the requirement through to them pretty soon, ended up picking up a reconditioned DOCSIS 2 5101U modem for $24. We're relatively low speed cable internet, so I couldn't justify shelling out the current inflated cost for one of the very few TWC-approved DOCSIS 3 units.

Prism

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wisconsin
King's hip problems were genetic due to the cross-breeding?

Yes, when we got him the rescue thought he was a purebred Aussie and said 45-50lbs. He was found with a bunch of other ones on an Indian Reservation in Minnesota and he looks just like a tri color. Then when he kept getting bigger and bigger we figured maby he was mixed with lab or something. When his acls broke the vet told us that they had been trying to breed the Aussie with wolves up there because they thought they would make good sled dogs but a lot of them came out wrong with back legs to skinny to hold their weight so they started dumping the puppies that had skinny back legs. Because of the combination of the breaks and skinny legs anyways he does everything with his front legs and chest so using primarily those muscles to lift his 110ls when he gets up he is massive in front with skinny back legs. We thought it was kind of weird when he went out and howled a really mournful howl at night but the wolf explains it.

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA
Well the Aussie is known to be a smiler and they are furry! :blink: They can be as small as 40 lbs and as large as 80 or so. ----> Dakota - big moose. Most are around 65 lbs. Dakota's mommy was 70 lbs and while his daddy was a smaller one - his grandfather was an 80 lb'er - his puppy paws told the truth :)

Prism

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wisconsin
Lol, Ava's head is the same color as the pumpkins

45289_425589377505805_1354518181_n.jpg

Darkwitless

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2010
KY
Face Book post of the day! This is my friend's status today.

"just learned a very valuable life lesson. Always, always check the rinse cup for the bathtub before filling it and dumping it on your baby's head. There could be a very large spider in there. And then it's crawling on your baby's head. And then you have 3 children looking at you with complete panic in their eyes because they do not see why you are screaming and flailing about like a psychotic fool. And then they all cry. Particularly the baby who you just whopped upside the head trying to get the spider off.

Yes, Erica Dxxxxx, you were the first person I thought of! I believe I told you I would have smacked the baby - turns out I know myself well!"

flarg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2012
Here
Face Book post of the day! This is my friend's status today.

"just learned a very valuable life lesson. Always, always check the rinse cup for the bathtub before filling it and dumping it on your baby's head. There could be a very large spider in there. And then it's crawling on your baby's head. And then you have 3 children looking at you with complete panic in their eyes because they do not see why you are screaming and flailing about like a psychotic fool. And then they all cry. Particularly the baby who you just whopped upside the head trying to get the spider off.

Yes, Erica Dxxxxx, you were the first person I thought of! I believe I told you I would have smacked the baby - turns out I know myself well!"

Oh my gosh. I have no idea what I would have done in that circumstance. I'm sure I would have screamed--that's my usual reaction to spiders, anywhere (saw one on the floor of the checkout line at the grocery store and jumped back and screamed...)

Gosh. I like to sometimes suck them up with a vacuum...wouldn't that have been funny...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread