Not open for further replies.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Looking at a new car myself. Same make/model as I presently own, I've had three in the series. The service department at the dealer is stellar, and I get every single recommended service done through them (which is good long-term cash flow for the dealer), but jeesh the sales side is a pain.

I use their contact form to list the configuration I'm looking for, the option mix, let them known where I'm flexible, ask for the best price available (and note that I've done my homework, let them know that I work off Edmunds True Market Value), and to please do contacts by e-mail. The Internet sales associate comes back trying to get me to test drive one, I let her know that I've owned three, just had a 2012 loaner last Friday when I was getting a regular service, reiterate to use e-mail. Several days of silence, then she calls me again, plus there were multiple calls to home. I reiterate use email, that I know the car and options, know the reasonable price, need them to confirm. Last night I get another call, from the sales head I had seen last Friday when I picked up my car. She's trying to get me in to evaluate my car for trade, I explain once again that their offer price is a separate number from the trade part of the transaction -- they need to hit a fair price, and then separately an honest trade value (I know the car's condition, maintenance history, reasonable market value).

I'm pretty intelligent, I speak well, I can usually get what I want in working with people professionally, but in my private life I loathe negotiating. I find what I want to buy, research reasonable price, will walk (have done so) if someone makes a stupid offer, but I always let a salesperson get one free warning that that is how I am. The car make is one where the dealers are supposed to play well, they're salary not commission, and armed with knowledge on fair market price (and average time their products are sitting on the lot) it should be a no brainer.

Excellent service department, but consistently "special" sales people :)

Last edited:

lynleestar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2010
NW Indiana
Snapshot_20120802_1.jpg

My pretty new smile~! Had 18 teeth pulled yesterday. Owwww~! I'm hungry!!!

TravTech

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2012
PA
Just got a msg from a friend (far away) that they bought an Njoy at a gas station - I am happy and scared - do I flood them with info right now, or just hold my breath and hope they like it??????

Signed - resisting the urge to send vast quantities of gear and info - LOL

I'd offer words of encouragment for trying e-cigs. Then just let them know if they're not satisfied there are better options available and you'd be willing to help them cut through the jungle of options.

Vaping at almost 4am. :facepalm:
4am is my normal bedtime. :p

And yeah I usually have at least a mini vape session prior to sleepytime. :D

lynleestar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2010
NW Indiana
I went for a coffee flavored protein shake instead. Pretty tasty, and not as bad for me as a milkshake~!

today I actually managed to eat some french onion soup for lunch, and had waffles for dinner. I chewed the waffles okay, but now my gums are throbbing and aching pretty bad. vicodin, take me away~!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread