Choices, choices!! I cant decide!! Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkeyeCS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
United States
Great info Hawkeye, thanks. Im still having trouble understanding watts vs. Volts. What voltage is 7,8,9 and 10 watts. Thanks! Sorry for my ignorance!!!

Watts are basically the power you put through your atomizer or cartomizer... When you vape @ 3.7 volts, and use a low resistance 1.5 ohm atomizer, the vape is good. Now if you took that some voltage, and used a 3 ohm atomizer instead, you'll get diminished taste and vapor. Reason being is that the watts, or total power getting to the coils is less due to a higher resistance... Now take that 3 ohm atomizer and turn it up to 5 volts and you've got a similar quality vape, because the wattage is about the same.
There are devices out there such as the kick or the darwin, that you actually set the wattage on, and it adjusts the voltage for you so that the same power is going through your coils no matter what is attached. We may see more of these types of devices in the future, but for now that's it. Most people tend to like between 8-10 watts for their sweet spot... (which is typically just under where the juice starts to taste burnt) To figure out the wattage, take your voltage squared and divide it by the resistance of your atomizer.

Hopefully that makes sense, if you're still having an issue understanding, the best analogy I can think of is a car one, voltage is to horsepower as watts is to torque... People buy based off the voltage number (or horsepower), but in reality what you feel is the watts (or torque). There are tons of ohms law calculators on the internet (do a quick google search) and you can play around with different voltage and resistance combinations to see how many watts you are at and also when you will hit your amperage limit of the device (lavatube v1 and v2=2.5A, lavatube v1.5=3.2A, ProVari=3.5A, Lavatube v3=4A). Hopefully that helps...

Cowboy Cru

Moved On
Mar 24, 2012
Watts are basically the power you put through your atomizer or cartomizer... When you vape @ 3.7 volts, and use a low resistance 1.5 ohm atomizer, the vape is good. Now if you took that some voltage, and used a 3 ohm atomizer instead, you'll get diminished taste and vapor. Reason being is that the watts, or total power getting to the coils is less due to a higher resistance... Now take that 3 ohm atomizer and turn it up to 5 volts and you've got a similar quality vape, because the wattage is about the same.
There are devices out there such as the kick or the darwin, that you actually set the wattage on, and it adjusts the voltage for you so that the same power is going through your coils no matter what is attached. We may see more of these types of devices in the future, but for now that's it. Most people tend to like between 8-10 watts for their sweet spot... (which is typically just under where the juice starts to taste burnt) To figure out the wattage, take your voltage squared and divide it by the resistance of your atomizer.

You know, I have an LT V.1 and I run a 3.0 SC cart on it. I find it hard to find the sweet spot. It seems like according to the calculations I should be hitting it somewhere between 4.8 to 5 volts. Now the throat hit is there, but almost no flavor. However, if I am willing to sacrifice TH for the flavor, then that seems to be best at like 4.2. Kinda weird, maybe it is my juice? I always vape a 50/50, so it should have some thickness. I don't know.

-CC-my avatar is Uranus

Stereomojo

Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
I spent 3 years messing around with lots of different mods, always looking for the best bang for my buck. I kept reading about people buying a Provari and saying how they had been through the same thing, but they had found what they were looking for in the Provari. I held my breath and bought one. Best decision ever. The thing just works. The quality gives me so much confidence and peace of mind. I thought I'd just use it at home because i was araid to take it out for fear of damaging it.
Not now. I've dropped it, had it fall off tables, all kinds of things. it still looks like new and performs the same way. If going cheap was the best way, we'd all be driving yugos.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I ordered my V8 from Discount Vapers yesterday and Eric got it shipped out the same day! Im so excited!!!!! :)I

Looks like a nice little mod :) If it works as advertised and holds it's correct voltage it will be a super super nice deal at that price. Let us know what you think when you get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread