FDA Cigar Smokers Just As Angry As Vapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tufur

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2014
San Jose, Ca. usa
Agreed. Let's be clear, cigarettes cause all sorts of problems because of the regular use. If ANTZ were being truthful (I know, I know, quit laughing) they would admit that an occasional smoker doesn't have nearly the risks that a regular smoker does, and smokeless tobacco users have hardly any risks at all.

Back when smoking was becoming popular, the average number of cigarettes smoked was around 40 per month, or closer to that of a cigar smoker, and smoking related diseases were rare. Brad Rodu, who has championed our cause almost since the beginning, lays out the risks for each tobacco using population in one of his blog posts: Tobacco Truth: The Health Risks of Cigar Smoking
I remember working with an older Romanian immigrant through Manpower temporary work as a kid in the seventies. He bummed cigs off me all day. He told me they smoked ten cigarettes a day there max. LMAO What are those old sayings about releasing the common man to do good? e-liquid is so cheap, it will release the enslaved worker from the bourgeoisie regime. I made $20 a day and that was enough to pay my $125 apartment rent with swimming pool. Cigs were $0.25 a pack from the military commissaries. Gas prices were a concern at 35-60 cents a gallon.

Last edited:
Reactions: StormFinch

Tufur

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2014
San Jose, Ca. usa
Well that will surely stop pipe smokers from using them to clean their pipes, causing their pipes to become completely clogged with tars, rendering them utterly useless, and forcing all the pipe smokers to give up their filthy, disgusting habit. Right?

o_O
Amazon sells sonic cleaners cheaper than a mastodon made from pipe cleaners. LOL

Possibly another worry about nothing.

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
In the past, I was a serious pipe smoker, in between cigarettes. I'm still an occasional pipe smoker with a continuing interest in that hobby, so I'm also on a couple of pipe smoker forums.

Many serious pipe smokers have their "cellars" of pipe tobacco. I have one myself: about 50 pounds laid down to age into remarkable smokes. I bought my last "cellaring" tobacco in late 2010, shortly before I became a vaper. And many have collections of antique pipes: I also have many, some over a century old, that I've restored to near-new condition. (If you're interested, PM me to see an online museum of some of my "senior citizens.")

Sadly, the pipesters' reaction to the Demon Regs is simply to continue stockpiling. Here's a typical attitude: "Total agreement on the need to stockpile as much as you can and the sooner the better. I think I am in good shape overall but will spend the next few months adding depth to some of my favorites." And you'll find a bunch of similar posts.

Actuarial studies over the last century have shown clearly that pipesters and cigar-smokers live on average somewhat longer than the never-smoker part of the population. The FDA must be aware of this: pipesters have shrieked this fact to the FDA for many years now, and backed it with reams of statistics. So, as we all know, the Demon Regs are not about health.

As with e-cigarettes, new hardware will disappear. The pipe craftsmen can't prove substantial equivalence when each new pipe is carved from a different briar bole. New tobacco blends will disappear. The artisanal blenders clearly can't prove SE, since every new blend is different from what came before. The secondary market in aged pipe tobaccos, and antique and "estate" (i.e., used) pipes will soon disappear. And so on.

As with e-cigarettes, thousands of Americans catering to the pipe-smokers are now out of work.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Sadly, the pipesters' reaction to the Demon Regs is simply to continue stockpiling. Here's a typical attitude: "Total agreement on the need to stockpile as much as you can and the sooner the better. I think I am in good shape overall but will spend the next few months adding depth to some of my favorites." And you'll find a bunch of similar posts.
Why is this sad? I'm not at all saddened by individuals thumbing their noses at the goobermint, saying "Heck no, I won't abide by your restrictions!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread