Status
Not open for further replies.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
it really depends on the sourcing for the velvet bag. The ones made from a friend of e-pipeman's mom are definitely only for advanced users, but even new users might be able to successfully utilize the crown royal (and the bag it comes in).
I can't type just now as my hands are covered in spit and ash...

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
it really depends on the sourcing for the velvet bag. The ones made from a friend of e-pipeman's mom are definitely only for advanced users, but even new users might be able to successfully utilize the crown royal (and the bag it comes in).

That is probably true about utilizing the Crown Royal; however, from my past purchases (since I am an Ultra Member and fully aware of all of this stuff), when using in conjunction with Crown Royal, you tend to go through way more mls. of tobacco. Since a cig is approx. 3-4 mls. in length if measured equivalently next to a syringe in similar size, that's alot of mls. you would be inhaling all due to using too much Crown Royal. It really does increase your need for nicotine alot.

skyztheLynnit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
Wow - no offence meant (which means "Do I care?"). I'm done with this thread, too (no I'm not). Thought I'd start one on why Regal Kingsize are better than a Provari - that would be less controversial.
This thread makes me want to digilog. tho I'm still going to keep my TD around for those stressful times

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
I can't type just now as my hands are covered in spit and ash...

it's starting to sound like it's going to be complex to titrate the spit, ash, crown, and nic from a regular cig, let alone from anything larger. cigarettes are difficult!

That is probably true about utilizing the Crown Royal; however, from my past purchases (since I am an Ultra Member and fully aware of all of this stuff), when using in conjunction with Crown Royal, you tend to go through way more mls. of tobacco. Since a cig is approx. 3-4 mls. in length if measured equivalently next to a syringe in similar size, that's alot of mls. you would be inhaling all due to using too much Crown Royal. It really does increase your need for nicotine alot.

how much nicotine is in a ml of tobacco? is it different for pipes - they aren't quite as long doncha know.

Maggiemw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2013
Middle East
This thread makes me want to digilog. tho I'm still going to keep my TD around for those stressful times

I'm just so happy for the support y'all are giving me. Can I ask a question that has probably been answered a thousand times?

Has anybody tried DIY from the little bits left near the filter? Can I recycle other people's ends? I mean, I see them all over the place, and it seems just such a waste to leave them on the ground. Messy, too, but then I'm kind of a neat freak.

Can filters be recycled? Does the brown streak in the middle matter? Any help would really be appreciated!

razor4432

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Are you sure that what you're coughing up ISN'T old motor oil? Do you get a strange compulsion to go sucking on the sump? I'm sure that the Camels couldn't be the issue, Don't worry about the teeth - I'm from England and everyone's teeth look like that. Perhaps you could try Rothmans for a while - I've heard that your taste buds can get used to the same brand after a while.

I have been thinking about American Spirits. Additive free must mean it won't hurt me. I would like to make a device that will dispense a lit cigarette for when I am driving so I don't have to take my eyes off the road an both hands off the wheel(although this does show how talented I am). I just don't know where to start. Had thought about the mechanism that launches a pinball but I don't want to risk damaging the cigarette.

Have to say it again this thread is total win! Thanks e-pipeman :D

Bosco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
San Antonio
You have obviously chosen one of the many cig-a-like solutions. Since you are a newbie, you obviously didn't know that you should have spent the mega bucks on a high-end device:

giant-cigar.jpg

It's about 1000 times more expensive, and get's out of date, but ....it comes with an all-metal container too. You could drive a truck over it.

I've actually been looking for a new truck to drive over things. I want to be able to drive over all types of devices - mechanical, electronic, high-end, low-end, etc. What are you guys using? Is the kind of truck important - or just the tires?

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
I'm just so happy for the support y'all are giving me. Can I ask a question that has probably been answered a thousand times?

Has anybody tried DIY from the little bits left near the filter? Can I recycle other people's ends? I mean, I see them all over the place, and it seems just such a waste to leave them on the ground. Messy, too, but then I'm kind of a neat freak.

Can filters be recycled? Does the brown streak in the middle matter? Any help would really be appreciated!

I read on another thread that you can rebuild them. "Does the brown streak in the middle matter?" I would put them straight in the laundry basket.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
I have been thinking about American Spirits. Additive free must mean it won't hurt me. I would like to make a device that will dispense a lit cigarette for when I am driving so I don't have to take my eyes off the road an both hands off the wheel(although this does show how talented I am). I just don't know where to start. Had thought about the mechanism that launches a pinball but I don't want to risk damaging the cigarette.

There is a device called a "cigarette holder" which could be employed while driving. I believe that it is a kind of facial clamp.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA

Have to say it again this thread is total win! Thanks e-pipeman :D

I don't vape, I think it looks cool but I don't trust all the chemicals like PG, VG and everything that goes into flavorings. Do you think I should try American Spirits instead?

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida

Oh, I know all about cleaning carto/filter type devices! You can boil them! Oh, wait. That might make them melt since these are the "more" disposable types. I would say soak them in Everclear overnight and then blow them out good and let them dry out good. This procedure also adds amazing Throat Hit for future use.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
I read on another thread that you can rebuild them. "Does the brown streak in the middle matter?" I would put them straight in the laundry basket.

The brown is from either TA or WTA. If you don't want that, try a different vendor. Those e-thingy's often don't have it. They are not "natural" though. And as everyone knows, no matter what color it is, natural is totally safe. Like lead and arsenic. Nature won't kill you...science will. Just ask Grizzly Adams...he's an expert.

Maggiemw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2013
Middle East
Oh, I know all about cleaning carto/filter type devices! You can boil them! Oh, wait. That might make them melt since these are the "more" disposable types. I would say soak them in Everclear overnight and then blow them out good and let them dry out good. This procedure also adds amazing Throat Hit for future use.

Somebody said to soak them in pure vodka, but I've only got flavoured stuff. Absolut Cranberry, if fact. Would that affect the final result? So far I've only managed to make a brown gooey mess with filter fibers swimming in it. There has got to be a more user-friendly way to recycle this stuff.

If I don't find a solution this weekend, I'll just re-write my budget and go get some pre-made domestic Dunhills. It's summertime, do I really need electricity?

skyztheLynnit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
Somebody said to soak them in pure vodka, but I've only got flavoured stuff. Absolut Cranberry, if fact. Would that affect the final result? So far I've only managed to make a brown gooey mess with filter fibers swimming in it. There has got to be a more user-friendly way to recycle this stuff.

If I don't find a solution this weekend, I'll just re-write my budget and go get some pre-made domestic Dunhills. It's summertime, do I really need electricity?
the cranberry, I've found actually adds a nice balance when mixed with the brown goo.. let it sit for a week or two though.. this will enhance your smoking experience and get you completely drunk. If you try the off brand vodka they offer it with extra flavor shots!

skyztheLynnit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
You're wasting money. You should DIY. Just plant a few tobacco plants in your yard. Buy some zig-zags. You'll save tons!
I've been toying around with this method. I'm glad you brought this up!
I harvested 500 plants in my backyard without a hazmat suit.. amateur mistake.. i passed out for a couple of days but it allowed me to catch up on some much needed sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread