Cinnamon juice and degradation of plastic components of atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Still watching and waiting to hear more about this. I think there might be more vapers that just think they are tough on atomizers when in fact their juice may be melting them. To me this is a scary and important issue. I'm surprised more folks aren't worried about this. Cinnamon oil is VERY potent stuff!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Side note: Being an idiot I once, I repeat once, took LorAnn's cinnamon oil and rubbed some on my lips. Felt nice and warm for about 10 seconds, felt like hell for about 10 minutes. Ow. Sure made them red though!

Just a reminder for those who haven't read it on ECF. Oil based flavorings are dangerous to vape. The lungs can' remove oil very well at all and it builds up and causes damage over time.

Last edited:

byggd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2011
So Cal
Yes.. we do. This thread has a color coded chart. You can see which have ingredients we want to avoid vaping.. oils, artificial colorings, etc.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...rs-color-coded-complete-ingredients-list.html

You can also download as a PDF
In trying to save/open the file my computer says the file is invalid.

Edit: The thread speaks directly to LorAnn Super Strength Flavors (some of which are oil based) but you can get the same flavors water based. None of the 40+ ejuce flavors I've tried appear to be oil based. It seems they are the exception?

Last edited:

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oh man.. the file must not be where it was hosted... but you can still read the list in the post which is also color coded for easy reference.

There are many flavorings (other brands too) that contain oils but generally you won't run into them at ecig vendors that sell DIY supply as they know what's appropriate generally. When we're looking outside ecigland for flavorings, we need to read labels carefuly.

Most every flavor under the sun can be found in a non oil base. Generally the oils were real oils used for flavorings and there is usually an artificial version used in it's place.

byggd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2011
So Cal
Oh man.. the file must not be where it was hosted... but you can still read the list in the post which is also color coded for easy reference.

There are many flavorings (other brands too) that contain oils but generally you won't run into them at ecig vendors that sell DIY supply as they know what's appropriate generally. When we're looking outside ecigland for flavorings, we need to read labels carefuly.

Most every flavor under the sun can be found in a non oil base. Generally the oils were real oils used for flavorings and there is usually an artificial version used in it's place.
Thanks. Good info! Do you or anyone know if cinabomb from VB is oil based? I hope not :vapor:

cr12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2009
Im not positive but i believe so. I recently had a friend of mine soak a couple of new attys in fire n ice to see what happened, after a couple of days he took them apart and said the cups were really soft and pliable and he believes that mixed with the heat of regular atty usage would cause the breakdown like you saw at the beginning of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread