• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Cinnamon Juices and Plastic Tanks/Clearos.... Something doesn't add up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
No intention to offend, zapped. And as I say.... I *believe* you, just wonder if my experience would be the same. After all, I keep hearing experienced folks talking about fruit flavors they like, so I try them, and they ALL taste like perfume/flowers/soap to me. Who's wrong? No one! We're just individuals, and this is all subjective. I'm curious about cartos, and intrigued by those who swear by them, but considering how picky I've been to date, I suspect you're right, and the sooner I'm ready to make the jump to an entry-level rba, the happier I'll be. Thanks for all the info though, I *do* appreciate it.

Im not offended.Maybe a little frustrated that Im having trouble getting my point across but its definitely not personal.

Im one of those people who like fruit juices...currently Im vaping my all time favorite of Hype from Alien Visions.Tastes like Peach Schnapps or Peach Rings candy....it can get a little perfumey especially before it steeps.

Good luck on the rba's I plan on jumping in after Christmas with a Cobra and speaking of the holidays hope everyone have a happy Thanksgiving.

Last edited:

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Ok.... I've been reading lots about these and am interested.... thinking about an Eternity RBA in the mid-range future. But I have a hangup..... I'm NOT excited about trying anything that uses cartos. I like tanks that wick juice, I LOVE dripping.... but the idea of having my juice sitting soaked up in a wad of stuffing simply grosses me out. I like to have as little between juice and me as possible, and the whole idea of a carto.... well.... let's just say the mental image it conjures for me is entirely too disgusting to put into type here. Also, I'm REALLY picky about flavors. I'm even mad at my Stardusts for how much flavor they pre-enjoy for me, and I fear the cartos would be vicious flavor-muters. I think I was born to drip, but convenience and ease of use force me to compromise on tanks for the most part. Dripping is my relaxing, evening ritual, but it's somewhat spoiled me. Now if only they would make a pyrex tank for, say, a mini nova, I'd be alllll over that!

There may be a alternative you might be interested in. I'm just testing out the SmokTech U-DCT right now (just arrived last night so I haven't had enough time to really evaluate it), but it comes with fillerless cartos -- basically, it's set up kind of like the old school first-gen CE2s in that it's a steel carto body with a CE2 cup/coil/wick arrangement, but it's a bottom coil with two holes to let juice in from the tank. Although I'm having some mild wicking issues using it like a standard carto (i.e. no tipping), its performance is surprisingly good and flavour is quite robust. Plus, the cartos can be used in any tank system.

Now as I said, I'm still evaluating them so I don't know what they're like over a longer term (say, a week) but so far I'm quite enjoying them.

Oriana871

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
Toronto
Chiming in here as a firm supporter of carto/tanks. Have tried alternatives and some are ok taste wise but not as good IMO. However here's the thing: I understand that some people have a strong aversion to smoking juice in a filler, however I'm from the other end - I do NOT want to smoke out of plastic. End of story. I feel the filler is less dangerous to my health. Maybe that's wishful thinking but I'm sticking with it :).

Plus, on a more superficial level I do not want to smoke out of a "measuring cup" - aesthetically.

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada
There may be a alternative you might be interested in. I'm just testing out the SmokTech U-DCT right now (just arrived last night so I haven't had enough time to really evaluate it), but it comes with fillerless cartos -- basically, it's set up kind of like the old school first-gen CE2s in that it's a steel carto body with a CE2 cup/coil/wick arrangement, but it's a bottom coil with two holes to let juice in from the tank. Although I'm having some mild wicking issues using it like a standard carto (i.e. no tipping), its performance is surprisingly good and flavour is quite robust. Plus, the cartos can be used in any tank system.

Now as I said, I'm still evaluating them so I don't know what they're like over a longer term (say, a week) but so far I'm quite enjoying them.

That sounds very interesting! I'll look into them more..... I'd dismissed them as part and parcel of the "carto" family. Thanks, and let us know how you like it when you've had more chance to put it through its paces :)

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
That sounds very interesting! I'll look into them more..... I'd dismissed them as part and parcel of the "carto" family. Thanks, and let us know how you like it when you've had more chance to put it through its paces :)

Will do. I've been vaping it on and off all day and I must say that so far it's holding up to my Key Lime Pie quite well in terms of performance. Again, still get some wicking issues that require a tip and/or primer puff to solve periodically, but it's beating standard cartos quite handily thus far. The cartos that came with these are LR, around 1.7ohms, so I've got mine bolted on the Silver Bullet right now. My main complaint -- and this is more to do with the lock ring at the bottom of the U-DCT itself -- is that it doesn't make proper contact with all of my devices. Which is a shame because it looks fantastic on the iTaste MVP, but it won't fire, even with the lock ring removed. :( (WEll, it fires on one of them, but not the other.)

Qcaj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2012
Calgary
I thought I heard someone requesting 2 cents in here!
I love the carto tanks and prefer them to the Vivis. The taste is much better, imo.

BUT, I keep my Vivis round because I'm the laziest person ever and I hate getting juice on my hands. The filler tool for tanks is really easy, but the tool itself is all yucky when you're done. I'll take a hit on flavour for the ease of unscrewing and dripdripdrip topups.

Oriana871

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
Toronto
I love the carto tanks and prefer them to the Vivis. The taste is much better, imo.

BUT, I keep my Vivis round because I'm the laziest person ever and I hate getting juice on my hands. The filler tool for tanks is really easy, but the tool itself is all yucky when you're done. I'll take a hit on flavour for the ease of unscrewing and dripdripdrip topups.

Must use kleenex/paper towel with the tank filler for sure!

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012

I hate that too qcaj.... I find I wash my hands even more than usual since starting vaping, just because I never want to take the chance of picking up or playing with my little boy with juice on my fingers. It's why dripping is pretty much a naptime or post-bedtime ritual for me. When he's up and about, I stick to nice clean pre-filled tanks and cartridges. I also seem to go through more tp, as there's always a roll on my desk now for quick drip catching lol.

Jables

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Alberta, Canada
That is very interesting, as it strikes me as counter-intuitive. It would *seem* reasonable that the more "stuff" the juice has to come into contact with, the more flavor could be muted.... but then things are not always as they seem! Still, I have the carto stuffing hangup, and they just strike me as a dirtier option than wicks.... maybe it's just that-- a hangup.

I believe it was Pbusardo who said that he thinks that you get more flavor from a carto tank too, and his theory was that pulling the air through the soaked cartomizer kind of perfumed the vapor even more so than normal.

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Ok Ok Ok *giggles*...... y'all won me over and I decided "don't knock it 'til you've tried it" applies.

I'll be putting a carto tank on my next wishlist, and when I eventually get it I promise to give it a fair and reasonable chance to impress me. But here's something I found that intrigued me, and perhaps totally negates what I just said *chuckling*..... I found on VaporGeek's site that there are "fillerless" cartos! The insides have a coil and wick system. Assumedly, the wicks "line up" with the holes in the carto? Anyone tried these? Thoughts?

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Ok Ok Ok *giggles*...... y'all won me over and I decided "don't knock it 'til you've tried it" applies.

I'll be putting a carto tank on my next wishlist, and when I eventually get it I promise to give it a fair and reasonable chance to impress me. But here's something I found that intrigued me, and perhaps totally negates what I just said *chuckling*..... I found on VaporGeek's site that there are "fillerless" cartos! The insides have a coil and wick system. Assumedly, the wicks "line up" with the holes in the carto? Anyone tried these? Thoughts?

Ahh .. I think that's what Mindfield was telling you about earlier in this thread.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Ahh .. I think that's what Mindfield was telling you about earlier in this thread.

I think I was talking particularly about the new SmokTech fillerless cartos that come with the new U-DCT (which I'm on the fence about now -- excellent performers but require active participation in keeping them that way), but I do swear by carto tanks too. A carto whose filler is always soaked is a well-performing carto. :)

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012

I think I was talking particularly about the new SmokTech fillerless cartos that come with the new U-DCT (which I'm on the fence about now -- excellent performers but require active participation in keeping them that way), but I do swear by carto tanks too. A carto whose filler is always soaked is a well-performing carto. :)

ahhhhhhh..... thank you chagrin and my apologies Mindfield!

When I first read your message I confess I didn't really understand the idea and was picturing something more along the lines of a bottom feed tank with coil wick.... (I had the wicks sticking out of the carto in my head)..... now that I've seen the picture (I'm a very visual person) it took chagrin's comment there to draw the line from one to the other in my head. Now I see. Thank you.

Well now, I'm inclined to try both when I get the chance.

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Get the stubby tank from canvape and 2ohm single coil cartos. They can withstand cinnamon and even pluid im sending package today tygertyger:)

Aha! The stubby! That's the other one I was eyeing up.... I don't need a 6ml tank ever, so the smaller tanks and the stubby appealed to me. Thanks for the recommendation..... and for the pkg :) Next week will be fun!! ;)

bk78

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Aha! The stubby! That's the other one I was eyeing up.... I don't need a 6ml tank ever, so the smaller tanks and the stubby appealed to me. Thanks for the recommendation..... and for the pkg :) Next week will be fun!! ;)

Ya I have 4 6ml tanks and when he came out with the stubby I switched rite away. Looks better on my proV I don't really mind filling once a day. I couldn't get cheap shipping so I stuffed the package with a bunch of extra goodies for ya :toast: image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread