ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Might I suggest that if a Member has a certain number of positive feedback that this might be enough to become a Verified Member?

I have good news and I have bad news :)

We now have verification via the old feedback thread. Instructions can be found here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-swaps/259614-how-become-verified-member.html

Bad news....well the requirements have been set a little high and you would not qualify.

Yeah sorta works both ways, When I start a for sale have it under some kind of Anthony's for sale and then my links for the items under it.

Imo it would be easier for me to keep track of them. and to see what others have for sale without searching for it.

Just an opinion I like the say its set up already though good work!

This would most likely require hard coding the feature into the forum, so not so sure this would be an acceptable project. I will present it to the coders though. I may be able to construct a search link that could be included in your signature, would that be acceptable?

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
j0ker.....love your avatar!

Thanks K-man. There's actually more to it than most know. It's actually a trace of my first tattoo. On a smoke break more than 15 years ago I hand drew this picture of The Joker and the very next morning went to Queen of Hearts Tattoo in Nashville TN and had it inked on. So I figured for my avatar I would take a picture of the tattoo which is on my left arm, then traced it in Photoshop. So that's the history of my avatar :)

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks to the help of oldsoldier, I now have a search link for members to include in their sig if they like.

HTML:
[URL="http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/search.php?do=process&searchuser=j0ker&starteronly=1&exactname=1&include=709,710"]My For Sale/Wanted[/URL]
You must edit the part in the link that says "searchuser=j0ker" and change it to your username. You can also change the text "My For Sale/Wanted" to what ever you like as well.

Would look like this in your sig: My For Sale/Wanted

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
First, we aren't sure yet if we are starting over with feedback. This has yet to be determined.

The wanted and sell/trade separation was done because a lot of people complained that when they were looking to buy something, they would see the title stating the item, then see WTB. It's a little disappointing when you realize it's someone wanting instead of selling. Also, it's just logical to place the selling/trading in one location and the wants in another.

Soon, the Classified section will only be available to Verified members, meaning no one but Verified will be using it, so making feedback only available to Verified Members was the right way to configure it. If you aren't Verified, feedback won't really matter once the Classified section goes exclusive to the Verified member. When this will be? That's undecided, I would like more options for becoming Verified but unfortunately there just aren't many ways to do this. So we are giving members ample time to use the current methods and hoping maybe we can come up with a new method or two in the meantime.

Thanks j0ker! I'm the opposite. I usually go to the classy's not necessarily looking to buy or sell. Just window shopping... Or seeing somebody that is looking for something I have. But, whatever works for most works for me. And, with the "today's classifieds" link, I get that anyway.

But.. I just sold to somebody that is not verified... and now won't get feedback... <grumble> <grumble>>. Ok. I'm done.

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks j0ker! I'm the opposite. I usually go to the classy's not necessarily looking to buy or sell. Just window shopping... Or seeing somebody that is looking for something I have. But, whatever works for most works for me. And, with the "today's classifieds" link, I get that anyway.

But.. I just sold to somebody that is not verified... and now won't get feedback... <grumble> <grumble>>. Ok. I'm done.

Encourage them to become Verified. :D

Sheyna

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We all know PayPal is the usual method of payment for the classies.

Is there a field on the form that can be added as to who pays the payment-processor fees?

Not sure why, but only 1 or 2 ads out of 10 (and I'm being generous) denotes who pays the fees, which to me seems to be important information.

I'm hoping this might save me from always having to ask. Tends to get old after a while.

Thanks, appreciate it.

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
We all know PayPal is the usual method of payment for the classies.

Is there a field on the form that can be added as to who pays the payment-processor fees?

Not sure why, but only 1 or 2 ads out of 10 (and I'm being generous) denotes who pays the fees, which to me seems to be important information.

I'm hoping this might save me from always having to ask. Tends to get old after a while.

Thanks, appreciate it.

On the form where the asking price is requested it says "This should be total asking price, including PayPal fees, minus shipping."

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks, j0ker.

I will just keep playing it safe, and keep asking, since some people are not quoting price with fees and not stating one way or the other in the ad. It's never good to assume.

That's fine if you like but it is a rule it be included with the price. So members not including it in their asking price may receive a reminder that it's a rule.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Rating - 100%
153   0   0
I'm seeing more and more people putting pics of their sale items in their avatar. The avatar images are too small to really see the condition of the item they are selling. I thought the image box in the ad form was a requirement but I guess I was wrong about that but I think it should be. People want to see larger pics so they can see the condition of the items being sold.

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm seeing more and more people putting pics of their sale items in their avatar. The avatar images are too small to really see the condition of the item they are selling. I thought the image box in the ad form was a requirement but I guess I was wrong about that but I think it should be. People want to see larger pics so they can see the condition of the items being sold.

Yes the image is required now and should be in the ad, not as avatar. The image should either be in the image location of the form or as an attachment. If you find these ads with no image, please report them because we don't see every ad posted.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Rating - 100%
153   0   0
Yes the image is required now and should be in the ad, not as avatar. The image should either be in the image location of the form or as an attachment. If you find these ads with no image, please report them because we don't see every ad posted.

Thanks j0ker. That will help a lot.

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Yay! That cleans it up a lot. Thanks. Any info on getting that too light font in our "Likes" fixed so we can read who "Liked" us? Easy now, just askin. :)

Not sure what you mean. I can see the "Liked" just fine on the Blackened and the Default theme. This is a little out of my area, so you might post that in "Site Feedback", if it hasn't already.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Rating - 100%
153   0   0
Not sure what you mean. I can see the "Liked" just fine on the Blackened and the Default theme. This is a little out of my area, so you might post that in "Site Feedback", if it hasn't already.

Here is a pic of what I'm talking about: The font in the title of each "like" is so faint it's really hard to read.

I think this problem has been addressed in the site feedback but I haven't heard any response about it. I'll check again though but it still hasn't been fixed. This happened after one of the many upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread