PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
not complaining because the classies are such a bonus and gift for us who use it, but just wondering if there was a way to categorize the items i.e. PV's - Juices - atomizers - rebuildables - or just accessories... etc.
Then if you have extras you can add them in there too.
With the brand new Classifieds, comes a brand new suggestion thread. Please post recommendations and concerns here. I will be subscribed to this thread and will respond to you as soon as I can.

You may also consider seeing the FAQ and discussions here, mainly pertaining to the new Classifieds http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...elcome-new-classified-classified-2-0-a-4.html

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Here is a pic of what I'm talking about: The font in the title of each "like" is so faint it's really hard to read.

I think this problem has been addressed in the site feedback but I haven't heard any response about it. I'll check again though but it still hasn't been fixed. This happened after one of the many upgrades.

I referred this up to the coders. It's probably a theme issue, not sure what can be done. We'll see though.

not complaining because the classies are such a bonus and gift for us who use it, but just wondering if there was a way to categorize the items i.e. PV's - Juices - atomizers - rebuildables - or just accessories... etc.
Then if you have extras you can add them in there too.

This has been suggested in the past and we really want to avoid having a dozen or so different sub-forums. It's more complicated to navigate and a nightmare to administer. The current breakdown is as far as we'll go.

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I think the coders need to check there software, it seems some members are able to skip the form and just post like they would in the old classifieds.

Yeah, we are fully aware of this issue. These are mobile users, normally using Tapatalk, which does not support the forms we have in place. We are considering the possibility of blocking Tapatalk from posting new threads. Tapatalk will still be able to view and reply but won't be able to start new threads. Anyone who has a smartphone and using Tapatalk will have to use their browser to start new ads in the Classifieds, so they won't be totally closed off for using Tapatalk. This is really not a forum issue, it's more a Tapatalk issue, so there's very little we can do about their software.

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
How do you post feedback? I went through the steps on the tutorial.

When I got to the right page I typed in the member's name:
1.jpg

Pressed "Enter" and got this page!
2.jpg

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
If that's the user you're looking for you can click the username to go to his profile, then click the "classifieds feedback score" tab on their profile and there is a link to "leave feedback for XXXXX"

Alternatively, if he started the deal thread in question, you can go to the thread the transaction was made in and there's a button under the first post to "rate seller". If you click that, the deal thread link will automatically be filled in on the form it takes you to, so you won't need to paste it in

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I started the deal thread, and wanted to leave feedback for the buyer. Perhaps because I closed the thread, there is no button to rate the buyer?

You reference the Tutorial but it seems you missed the first line in the tutorial.

Keep in mind the following, leaving feedback requires the member be a Verified Member.

rober36 is not a Verified Member. You cannot leave feedback for non-verified members.

Mr. P

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Ga.
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
j0ker,,,,is there a way some sort of note can be added to the form when a Seller fills it out to sell something as there are still many, many Sellers who are still requesting Paypal fees. There are even those who are still requesting payment be sent via gift, both of which clearly violate the classified rules.

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
j0ker,,,,is there a way some sort of note can be added to the form when a Seller fills it out to sell something as there are still many, many Sellers who are still requesting Paypal fees. There are even those who are still requesting payment be sent via gift, both of which clearly violate the classified rules.

You mean like this:

"This should be total asking price, including PayPal fees, minus shipping."

This is right below the "Asking Price".

I hate to put it like this but some people just don't read. I could post if all over the Classified section and it will still get overlooked. The best thing to do is report it when there is an offense. The rule reminder usually helps.

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
hi

I have noticed a few people who have feedback scores, but they are not verified members. how does that happen? and do we know yet if the old feedbacks will be moved to the new system?

thanks

ps, just noticed the unverified person I saw today with a feedback score is a supporting member...could that be why? I have been refraining from buying from unverified persons because I want feedback

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
cags, when the new feedback system was first implemented, very early on, I was able to leave feedback for non-verified members. I don't know how long the ability to do so lasted, but it wasn't very long. I've since dealt with a couple of other non-verified members and not been able to give or get any feedback, unlike those couple of early transactions.

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
cags, when the new feedback system was first implemented, very early on, I was able to leave feedback for non-verified members. I don't know how long the ability to do so lasted, but it wasn't very long. I've since dealt with a couple of other non-verified members and not been able to give or get any feedback, unlike those couple of early transactions.

ahh, that must be the reason then! thanks, now I can stop wondering :)

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0

Your theory sounds correct. In the beginning we didn't limit feedback to Verified only, that came shortly after implementing it, so you might look at the date of their feedback to determine if it might be the case.

Vaping4Sanity

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
Centerville, Ohio
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
People keep telling "traders" they need to post a price per the classified rules. Per the rules it states you must post a price for the items you are trying to sell. It does not state anything about posting a price for items you are trying to trade. It makes no since to post a price if you are trading only, but people constantly try to be self appointed moderators and misquote the rules. Can the rule be clarified to state a price if selling or no price needed if trading only. It gets quite annoying reading wannabe mods misquoting the rules. Unless that is the way you want it to be of course.

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
People keep telling "traders" they need to post a price per the classified rules. Per the rules it states you must post a price for the items you are trying to sell. It does not state anything about posting a price for items you are trying to trade. It makes no since to post a price if you are trading only, but people constantly try to be self appointed moderators and misquote the rules. Can the rule be clarified to state a price if selling or no price needed if trading only. It gets quite annoying reading wannabe mods misquoting the rules. Unless that is the way you want it to be of course.

So you are saying these members don't read the title that says the ad is "For Trade" but you think we should put a rule in place stating that trades do not require a price? :D

If they don't read the title, what makes you think they will read the rule? I'm not trying to be snide. If members don't understand that trade doesn't require a price, they probably wouldn't understand a rule explaining it either. That's not to say they shouldn't stop making these statements but reporting them as you see them would help get the message out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread