Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Thanks for the link. I took a look and read all the entries and it appeared to me that it was inexpensive kit to get for friends and family. I was hoping to get the dusty Kit out of the bottom drawers and gift them not to friends and family but to someone / a stranger who has been brought to the community for a hand up during a difficult time. I think it would work here on the Classies because that's where the trading / swaping is going on, where people are looking to sell stuff. If you can't sell in maybe its time to gift it.

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Or you could just use the PIF group. That is one of the purposes of PIF.

Pay It Forward - PIF

Very close but it assumes that the ultimate recipient is a participating member of the ECF and there may be a return of the "favour". What I'm suggesting an unconditional gift with absolutely no expectation of return or quid pro quo.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
Rating - 100%
48   0   0

Kinotto

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
€-zone
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
is it possible create a special section for collectibles for which may possibly be required higher prices than the new?
i find it absurd that in the normal section there are requests for prices to levels of extortion, that limit the sale of products less sought after but sold at a fair price.

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
ok now i get what you meant,,you want the treasure chest thread then ??

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...pif-group-treasure-chest-revised-edition.html

Its a great thread and captures the spirit of what I'm proposing:

1. It establishes some very harsh consequences for misuse of other member's generosity which is a huge plus
2. It has good traffic 13 months in; and,
3. It captures the spirit of generosity of the community.

but if I may:

1. It is rather chaotic in its approach and therefore not as efficient as it could be; and,
2. It is clearly for ECF members only.

PS: Maybe the chaos is required just don't know

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How would non-ecf members be able to use a clearinghouse forum here when you have to be a member in order to post? Also if this was a sub-forum under the classified section, you need to be a verified member.

Those who would benefit from a gift would be "Sponsored" by a verified ECF member. So the transaction would be between the Sponsor and the Pledging Individual. The Applicant's identity would only be known to the Sponsor and the Pledging Individual unless of course the Applicant wanted his/her identity to be known.

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Or you could just use the PIF group. That is one of the purposes of PIF.

Pay It Forward - PIF

I was shunned from there for being Canadian when I was a newbie, and I've seen it happen to many others, sadly. I was told at that time and many times later that they only deal in the US (which I pointed out to be quite ridiculous, but unfortunately ignorance on the (non)issue of shipping to Canada is abundant, particularly on this forum (in my experience). I think that Projectguy's goal is to include everyone, not just a select group of people in a certain geographical area.

I support your idea Projectguy, and after thinking about it further, I really like the idea of the "Sponsor" in particular. It will definitely help to deter people who aren't really in need.

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was shunned from there for being Canadian when I was a newbie, and I've seen it happen to many others, sadly. I was told at that time and many times later that they only deal in the US (which I pointed out to be quite ridiculous, but unfortunately ignorance on the (non)issue of shipping to Canada is abundant, particularly on this forum (in my experience). I think that Projectguy's goal is to include everyone, not just a select group of people in a certain geographical area.

I support your idea Projectguy, and after thinking about it further, I really like the idea of the "Sponsor" in particular. It will definitely help to deter people who aren't really in need.

Chelly, you're right it has to be universal and also this way it helps promote the community and the EFC and gets more members

Qcaj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2012
Calgary
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was shunned from there for being Canadian when I was a newbie, and I've seen it happen to many others, sadly.
Agreed 100%. PIF hates Canadians. :(

I also support ProjectGuy's idea. I actually have a brand new 808 "kit" (2x purple batteries, 2x chargers, 2x used batteries, 15 CE2s) that arrived in the mail the day after I upgraded to an eGo. My $60 won't be wasted if I can get someone else off the stinkies. :)

Last edited:

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Its a great thread and captures the spirit of what I'm proposing:

1. It establishes some very harsh consequences for misuse of other member's generosity which is a huge plus
2. It has good traffic 13 months in; and,
3. It captures the spirit of generosity of the community.

but if I may:

1. It is rather chaotic in its approach and therefore not as efficient as it could be; and,
2. It is clearly for ECF members only.

PS: Maybe the chaos is required just don't know

PIF is a moderated forum that relies on it's moderators to help police and ensure that members follow through on their intended pif, it is clearly only for ecf members. Not sure where the chaos comment comes from, they do enforce the rules. I'm not sure if recommending pif'ing to non members would be endorsed by ecf, clearly they have enough on their plates, no?

I can assure you as long as I've been a member of the PIF group, no one has been shunned for their location, the rules in the beginning of each thread are posted and it states that PIF is a US only based group.

Agreed 100%. PIF hates Canadians. :(

I also support ProjectGuy's idea. I actually have a brand new 808 "kit" (2x purple batteries, 2x chargers, 2x used batteries, 15 CE2s) that arrived in the mail the day after I upgraded to an eGo. My $60 won't be wasted if I can get someone else off the stinkies. :)

Hate is a strong word, PIF doesn't hate anyone. I can't imagine the amount of help this group has been to alot of people, the mods have gone above and beyond to help ensure that things go as smoothly as possible, add to that complaints and packages that don't show, whatever else that come up during the course of the day, it is clearly a valuable resource to many and a valuable asset to ECF.

loxmythe

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
pa
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I can assure you pif does not "hate Canadians". There are several reasons pif is for USA only.
First of all even though shipping to Canada isn't much more than to the USA there are other restrictions to consider. First of all to the best of my knowledge its illegal to ship nicotine to Canada - so your asking our members not only to pay a bit more in shipping your also asking then to falsify customs forms - all for the sake of giving away their stuff for free.
Secondly why stop at Canada? If Canada is allowed then why not Singapore, china, Japan, Australia? Well heck that's not fair is it?
There's a pif UK group that was organized by volunteer ECF members for the UK. Why not volunteer YOUR time and efforts to start and moderate a pif Canada forum?
The pif moderators helped pif UK with advice and rules and we'd be happy to help others get started.
It's easy to be critical it's another to volunteer your time and work to make it happen.

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Your knowledge is incorrect, and you're not the only one. That is why I stated that ignorance in this forum on this topic is rather abundant. Everyone and their dog thinks they know the laws and will spout them to people like they do know them, but they're based on nothing but hearsay instead of the facts. It is NOT illegal in any way whatsoever to ship nicotine juice, vaping supplies, or anything even remotely related to vaping to Canada. Why not allow Singapore, China, etc? What's wrong with that? Unless, of course, it IS illegal (unlike Canada) then obviously that wouldn't be a good idea.

Listen, I'm just telling you what happened to ME, and another Canadian has come and agreed. I felt shunned. So perhaps instead of saying you can assure everyone no one has been shunned, take a step back and look at what has been said here.

Anyway, the point of the thread is suggestions. I was providing information based on my experience (and evidently, other Canadians) that PIF is NOT the ideal venue for this idea.

And lastly, it's really none of your concern where or to what causes I volunteer my time. I also have no interest in a PIF Canada forum, or in moderating one. I give my time to causes I support and you give yours to causes you support. Don't question where I choose to lend a helping hand, please and thank you.

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
is it possible create a special section for collectibles for which may possibly be required higher prices than the new?
i find it absurd that in the normal section there are requests for prices to levels of extortion, that limit the sale of products less sought after but sold at a fair price.

Negative, the Classified section is divided buy Sell/Trade and Want. It was designed this way on purpose. Everyone wants divisions, from different types of hardware, juice, accessories....etc. The Classifieds design group settled on the current setup and for many reasons that have been explained here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-welcome-new-classified-classified-2-0-a.html. Feel free to read through the thread for more explanations.

As far as PIF goes, take this discussion elsewhere. This is the Classified section and we won't be discussing the PIF operation here because I get paged every time someone post something in this thread.

As far as a treasurer chest in the Classifieds, that would be a no. Being a sponsor is the same as being a broker and the rules clearly state this is not allowed (see excerpt below). Also, this idea doesn't fit within the "buy/sell/trade" platform of the Classified section.

Excerpt:
No brokering. You are not allowed to buy, sell, or trade for others, this would define you as a supplier for providing a service.

Now, this isn't to say your idea is without merit, I think your idea is very good, it's just doesn't fit within the Classifieds. You might consider pursuing this in your own venture, like in a Social Group similar to PIF. I'll also give you another matter to consider, if you allow non-ECF members, you will most likely have plenty of abusers. You might consider that should you choose to pursue the idea.

loxmythe

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
pa
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
You may want to check the USPS website http://about.usps.com/publications/pub141/standard-prohibited-and-restricted-items.htm
as well as
http://ecigarettecanada07.wordpress...galwhy-does-canada-not-legalize-e-cigarettes/

As for allowing other countries to participate - our members are GIVING away stuff. Don't you think it's asking a lot to have them pay international shipping rates too? How much would it cost them to ship to Australia? Many of our members have limited funds - yet they offer what they can to help others. What more can anyone ask of them?

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
You may want to check the USPS website STANDARD PROHIBITED AND RESTRICTED ITEMS
as well as
Canada making e-cigarette nicotine juice illegalWhy does Canada not legalize E-Cigarettes | The big deal with e-cigarettes in CanadaCanadians

As for allowing other countries to participate - our members are GIVING away stuff. Don't you think it's asking a lot to have them pay international shipping rates too? How much would it cost them to ship to Australia? Many of our members have limited funds - yet they offer what they can to help others. What more can anyone ask of them?
Just following the thread, and I wanted to point out (as a postal worker) that you've linked to the restrictions applicable to Global Express Guaranteed (GXG), which is the most restrictive (and really expensive) form of international shipping. I've had customers that had paperwork returned to them for not listing the number of pages in a letter!

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Apologies for coming in late I have been flying cross country and the Internet connection at the Holiday Inn where I am now is terrible. In any case I'm disappointed that this discussion has gone south.

It shouldn't be this difficult. The "thing" where ever its located on the ECF can and will match Pledging Individuals with Sponsors and Applicants on any planet, continent, country or even City of their choice. So boarders should never ever be an impediment to getting people in need Kit to help them stay away from the stinkies.

Sir: With respect; the definition / understanding of a brokered transaction is only correct if there is payment for the services rendered by in this case, the Sponsor. If we consider a warm and fuzzy feeling for doing the right thing as payment then we have broken the rules. If anything the Sponsor would be required to cover shipping costs - negative compensation....... sounds more like volunteerism / activism.

I understand Chelly's frustration not because of the other members but because of system that keeps backing us into each other and we end up being frustrated with each other because we're the only ones in the conversation and sometime there is no progress.

SO let me design a page / thread / sub-forum have it reviewed by members who have expressed an interest in making this happen and we will revert.

Tobacco is for prayer not recreation

Kinotto

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
€-zone
Rating - 100%
7   0   0

Negative, the Classified section is divided buy Sell/Trade and Want. It was designed this way on purpose. Everyone wants divisions, from different types of hardware, juice, accessories....etc. The Classifieds design group settled on the current setup and for many reasons that have been explained here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-welcome-new-classified-classified-2-0-a.html. Feel free to read through the thread for more explanations.

the meaning of my speech is a little more complicated, i do not speak of juice, i'm talking about people who buy in european forums - where you can not sell used price higher than new - and then resells on ecf at outrageous prices. the practice is somewhat shabby and relying irrationality of compulsive buying should be removed, if really vaping is designed to defeat a dangerous drug and not to give people other addictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread